Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:34:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone had luck mining on external pool with Mintsy contract?  (Read 2944 times)
ChrisK54 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 08:46:06 PM

Hello,

I have no luck with external pools mining with Mintsy contract and their support is unhelpful.
Are there any special tricks to run the mining on Multipool?
I have configured the external pool but no worker activity shows on pool despite variations in standard settings.

Regards,

Chris

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sylv88

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 09:54:02 PM

I have contracts with them and as of last week I got the same experience. For weeks my contracts worked pretty well (although hasrates were very unstable) however as of last week it appears as if they have shut down the mining on external pools entirely. I have tried several different pools but no luck anywhere. It just doesn't make any sense that settings that used to work for weeks suddenly just stopped working. Their support is indeed unhelpfull and only tells you to point your contracts to their own pools. Honestly their support seems absolutly clueless about mining.
ChrisK54 (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 10:00:49 PM

I have contracts with them and as of last week I got the same experience. For weeks my contracts worked pretty well (although hasrates were very unstable) however as of last week it appears as if they have shut down the mining on external pools entirely. I have tried several different pools but no luck anywhere. It just doesn't make any sense that settings that used to work for weeks suddenly just stopped working. Their support is indeed unhelpfull and only tells you to point your contracts to their own pools. Honestly their support seems absolutly clueless about mining.

I started last weekend and it seems that they block outgoing because I tried several different pools and none even shows my worker connecting.
Support is absolutely incompetent and they are ignoring my support posts.
Hash rates on Mintsy pools are a disaster, being as low as 7 Mh/s for a 100Mh/s contract.
Generally I think I just wasted some money.

Chris
voodo

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:51:48 AM

I did Mine on external Pool with scrypt contract.
But only with scrypt, with Sha256 it wasnt possible.
With scrypt i mined on ghash.io with very bad hashrate and low share accepting (<50%)
Sylv88

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:09:00 PM

After a week of being sent around in circles I finally got this response from their support:

"Thank you for your patience with us. There is a known issue with our external pool connections that our developers are still working on. They are in connection with the developers of those external pools to find a way for the connection to work as before. This will be resolved shortly. Meantime, please point your workers to Mintsy Pools for better hashrates. Once we have connection with external pools we will inform you."

ChrisK54 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:28:52 PM

"Thank you for your patience with us. There is a known issue with our external pool connections that our developers are still working on. They are in connection with the developers of those external pools to find a way for the connection to work as before. This will be resolved shortly. Meantime, please point your workers to Mintsy Pools for better hashrates. Once we have connection with external pools we will inform you."

Rubbish, this has nothing to do with the external pools and in any case how would they know which pools do we want to use?

I got an answer that they have a problem with assigning/matching the hardware with a pool and this sounds likely.

But still it looks like they are telling different people different stories and most of them are just that.

Chris
Sylv88

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:20:16 PM

I think I just got the Same reply:

"this holds true for all algorithms. Our developers just sent out an update for why this is has happened. This is a bug in our backend systems for assignments from contracts to our mining rigs. Our developers have been actively working on it around the clock. The reason for the issue is because of a new addition to help with invalid shares. We now pair everyone on the same pool as closely as possible to each other on our mining rigs. And as you can tell, some, not all, just arent getting any mining at all. Your pool ends up not getting paired to the proper miner and thus your miner appears dead. You will be compensated for any downtime in your hashrate. Thank you for your patience with us."
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:26:55 PM

ive only run my own miners thorough mintsy ( which was flawless), but i have only heard good things about the contracts Smiley

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
ChrisK54 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:32:48 PM

ive only run my own miners thorough mintsy ( which was flawless), but i have only heard good things about the contracts Smiley

Would you say that sustained hashrates as low as below 1Mhs/s for a contract of 100Mh/s are good thing?
I might be inclined to dispute it...

Chris
nonbody

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:35:27 PM

Would you say that sustained hashrates as low as below 1Mhs/s for a contract of 100Mh/s are good thing?

Chris
well from experiences of other users from hashtalk and they seemed to have minimal probelms Smiley

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████

2local Sale
ChrisK54 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:45:58 PM

[/quote]
well from experiences of other users from hashtalk and they seemed to have minimal probelms Smiley
[/quote]

Obviously we don't view our problems as "minimal" and there are many more unhappy users on mintsy forum.
Common thread is low hashrate and unhelpful and incompetent support.

Concerning external pools and hashrates we are not dealing with opinions but with facts.

As you never purchased a contract you are only dealing with hearsay while we spent our money and are now facing very unpleasant hard facts.

Chris
Sylv88

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:08:19 PM

Chris

I too had a good experience with mintsy for weeks, however since 2 weeks that experience changed when they started running into trouble..
Now it looks like the support has been updated on what is going on and now they atleast got a proper response to questions.. Let's hope they get everything together and everything returns to normal again. Smiley
nonbody

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:09:39 PM

Chris

I too had a good experience with mintsy for weeks, however since 2 weeks that experience changed when they started running into trouble..
Now it looks like the support has been updated on what is going on and now they atleast got a proper response to questions.. Let's hope they get everything together and everything returns to normal again. Smiley
did you mine externals pools?

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████

2local Sale
Sylv88

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:19:24 PM

Chris

did you mine externals pools?

yea I mined on external pools, ghash.io for scrypt and at slush's pool for sha256 contracts.. although hashrates were very choppy and there were alot of rejects everything pretty much balanced out in the long run. It all worked pretty well for weeks but since 2 weeks things started going bad..
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:51:16 PM

I tried mining external pools several months ago when they were in Beta (or Alpha - lol).  Same issues.  It doesn't work and support was non-existent.

frazier34567

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:21:51 PM

The only pool I got it to work with was f2pool.com
MrManiac

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 08:08:06 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2015, 04:27:17 PM by MrManiac

F2pool worked fine sometime in scrypt and CleverMining also. Now if i point hashes to any externalpool, soon workers are inactive  Undecided

Hashrate in Mintsys own pool are fine but payouts are not true. So, only way to get profit is try to find working external pool.. .
MrManiac

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 08:15:27 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2015, 01:57:07 PM by MrManiac

This is the way how they keep average hasrate up. Sometimes huge peak  Roll Eyes

https://i.imgur.com/jBZWdn2.jpg
ChrisK54 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 08:22:11 AM

It would take hell of a peak to average my 48 hours of no work while 100Mh/s were contracted.

Chris
MrManiac

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 05:54:05 PM

I give up to find working external pool. Tried today F2pool, iSpace and Hash-To-Coins. Result was all inactive and now even Mintsy pools are inactive!

Seems like they force to use Mintsy pools and they dont pay what should be. Last two days i mined WDC in Mintsy pool and profit was -57% what it should be. Quite fair..  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: