Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:42:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie JEYL's Mining Progress Help  (Read 814 times)
Jeyl (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 10:10:00 PM

Greetings and salutations!

I have recently started an interest in bitcoin mining and have found myself in a pool of swirling confusion in regards to how to go about it. For starters, my progress.

I downloaded Bitcore for my Mac, created an account with password phrases and it's still "Synchronizing with network". Is that important or do I need to let that finish?

As for the mining device itself, I've acquired an Antminer S5, hooked it up to an appropriate power supply, connected it to the network and powered it on.

After locating the IP address of the Antminer S5, I was able to enter a pool that my friend recommended (eligius) and the 'Miner Status' tab lists the pool as 'Active' with time being elapsed. I'm assuming that's a good thing, but here's where I'm stuck. I have no idea what to make of the layout, terminology, or find out if it's mined a coin or not. Is this 'Miner Status' tab where you find out how much bitcoin you've accumulated or is that calculated elsewhere? I've tried reading the user manuals but nothing is said about what to do with anything the Antminer does.

In short, the Antminer S5 is running, the pool is active, I have a wallet program, now I'm stuck figuring out the next step.

Suggestions?
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
artibg

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 10:15:42 PM

You need to wait only for sending money to someone from your address the whole network to sync
you can receive anytime on the address that is in receive tab
for the pool you should see statistic if is properly configurated in few mins/hours
if you see that you have X/Khs or X/Ths (in pool website statistic tab)  miner is properly forwarded to the pool
and you will receive Shares and this shares after block confirmed/mined from the pool
you can cash out to the wallet
Jeyl (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 11:19:40 PM

for the pool you should see statistic if is properly configurated in few mins/hours
if you see that you have X/Khs or X/Ths (in pool website statistic tab)  miner is properly forwarded to the pool
and you will receive Shares and this shares after block confirmed/mined from the pool
you can cash out to the wallet

Ah, I think I know where my problem is. On eligius' website, it says

• Please be sure to pass a valid address as your username

So does that mean my user name should be the "Receiving Address" from my Wallet?

Thank you for helping by the way! I really appreciate it!
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 11:43:17 PM

Yes, that is correct. For Eligius, you put a receiving address that you have, as the username for the miner. You then use that same address on http://eligius.st/~gateway/stats.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
Jeyl (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 12:16:22 AM

Yes, that is correct. For Eligius, you put a receiving address that you have, as the username for the miner. You then use that same address on http://eligius.st/~gateway/stats.

And that did it! Now all I have to do is wait and see what happens. Thank you very much for all your help.
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 12:39:32 AM

And that did it! Now all I have to do is wait and see what happens. Thank you very much for all your help.

No problem, don't hesitate to ask if you have further issues.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: