Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:54:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS - Butterfly Labs Jalepeno Pre Orders (1 unit sold + update)  (Read 2906 times)
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 09:31:24 PM

I have met Michael in person. He lives about five minutes away from me and I also know his place of business.

The question is: Am I trustworthy?

Well, I can't answer that one, all I can do is let interested parties know that if you turn out to not be trustworthy, they'll have at least one person they can ask to go knock on your door and say, "Hey, Mike, what's going on?"

Now the question is, am I trustworthy or are we in cahoots?

Still around.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
michaelmclees (OP)

Activity: 633
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 09:41:07 PM

I have met Michael in person. He lives about five minutes away from me and I also know his place of business.

Well, I can't answer that one, all I can do is let interested parties know that if you turn out to not be trustworthy, they'll have at least one person they can ask to go knock on your door and say, "Hey, Mike, what's going on?"

Haha.  Yeah.  The problem is there is no 100% trust here or really anywhere.  There's always a little bit of a gamble.  But tell me, I've bought a couple things from you in person, and from your experience, if I say I'll do something, do you think I will I do it?

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 10:14:47 PM

Haha.  Yeah.  The problem is there is no 100% trust here or really anywhere.  There's always a little bit of a gamble.  But tell me, I've bought a couple things from you in person, and from your experience, if I say I'll do something, do you think I will I do it?

Is that a paid BFL ad in your sig?

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
michaelmclees (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 10:34:39 PM

Is that a paid BFL ad in your sig?

No.  It is in response to their raffle they're holding.  See this...

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/showthread.php/35-Contest-BFL-is-giving-away-hardware-for-Signatures!
edd
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 11:34:35 PM

Yes, you seem like an honest guy.

Still around.
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 11:39:22 PM

Interested in a Jalapeno.  Since you need the escrow now, will you do 12 BTC?

michaelmclees (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 12:28:31 AM

So far I think I have one pending sale of the first order.  Anyone care to make an offer for the remaining 4?
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 02:57:12 PM

So far I think I have one pending sale of the first order.  Anyone care to make an offer for the remaining 4?

I'm interested in order #2. But without escrow....

Why should I take all the risk?  Huh

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
michaelmclees (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 03:07:32 PM

Because you're getting a better place in line.
foggyb
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 03:11:15 PM

That doesn't make any sense for me. I have to trust you and BFL. Why not just ask a higher price?

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
michaelmclees (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 03:18:33 PM

That doesn't make any sense for me. I have to trust you and BFL. Why not just ask a higher price?

If I thought I could get it... I would.
foggyb
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 03:23:25 PM

If I thought I could get it... I would.

I PM'd you with a better offer that includes escrow.

michaelmclees (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 03:27:01 PM

I PM'd you with a better offer that includes escrow.

Going to have to reject it.  Sorry.  Won't do escrow.  Many have offered; I rejected them all.
edd
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2012, 04:51:34 PM

Just purchased order #6341.

Michael, let me know when it arrives and I can pick it up or you can drop it off at my house.

For what it's worth, I understand the desire to use escrow and probably would have requested it too if Michael didn't live nearby.

Still around.
michaelmclees (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 05:00:50 PM

Just purchased order #6341.

Michael, let me know when it arrives and I can pick it up or you can drop it off at my house.

For what it's worth, I understand the desire to use escrow and probably would have requested it too if Michael didn't live nearby.

Confirmed.

I understand the desire to use escrow as well.  Hell, I would have used escrow with Butterfly Labs themselves if it were offered, but the reality is I'm looking to do something pretty specific, and it doesn't work if I have to wait on the funds.

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 05:59:38 AM

That's why i suggested some kind of collateral

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: