Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:02:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Easy to launder money in the kiosk  (Read 1790 times)
Herodes (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 06:10:13 PM

Norwegian police and tax authorities is not happy about the possibility for buying anonymous payment cards in kiosks:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=no&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=no&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nrk.no%2Fnyheter%2Fnorge%2F1.8337749&act=url

- It is a challenge to follow the cash, when converted into anonymous credit. This is a huge challenge for tax authorities, because the market is international and with few restrictions, says Moldjord to NRK.no.

He said that strict regulations in Norway will not help, because it is still "floats freely on the web."
- Works to break the code

- We order all the new cards to come, to see how they can be tracked. We are working to crack the code of how we can track the different solutions, said Moldjord.

He says it's hard to say how big the problem is.

Payment cards issued abroad may be used anonymously in Norway, with very little chance of being detected.

- There may be cards issued in the U.S. and used in Norway. We can see if the card is used regularly over time, and thus distinguish them from the card, such as used by American tourists.

It's funny that it never occured to this individual that this may not be a problem, but that the problem actually is the tracking of money, and the restrictions of free trade. It's very political correct in Norway to always abide to the establishment.

The last bold statement. Anyone using payment cards issued abroad, should know that ATM's have video surveilance, and thus take appropriate measures to avoid detection. If you withdraw a lot of money in your closest ATM for a long time, you will get visits from the police/tax authorities.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
securo

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 04:24:51 PM

The last bold statement. Anyone using payment cards issued abroad, should know that ATM's have video surveilance, and thus take appropriate measures to avoid detection. If you withdraw a lot of money in your closest ATM for a long time, you will get visits from the police/tax authorities.

Wigs and beards Wink

My tipping jar; 197hyQxciZ9r7qj5CBsMvtNpqsRyM5NxuC
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 04:43:24 PM

Wigs and beards Wink
I have a real hair like Rasputin and beard like Osama bin Laden. What should I wear to appear bald?

Maybe bike helmet will do the job when cashing out cards.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
securo

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 09:31:53 PM

Maybe bike helmet will do the job when cashing out cards.
You should consider hats and sunglasses. Maybe a large brimmed hat, specially for ATM use?  Cool

MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 09:47:09 PM

Many ATM machines here have a hidden camera that looks from down to up. Just look for black window somewhere on ATM machine, use strong light source to shine it trough and take look at that webcam sucker.

The prepaid credit cards are used for small purchases, they have very limited maximum amount of money on them and have very expensive fees. Serious money launderers don't use them. This Norwegian panic over anonymous and untraceable gift cards are caused by controlfags.

farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 10:38:45 PM

If you withdraw a lot of money in your closest ATM for a long time, you will get visits from the police/tax authorities.

Not in America? When I go to the ATM, I have a bunch of cards, sometimes I take out $4,000-$5,000 between several different pre-paid bank cards at a time. I don't have a pattern, usually its the same ATM, but others its because of convenience.
I've yet to have the police at my door.
Herodes (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 07:15:45 PM

If you withdraw a lot of money in your closest ATM for a long time, you will get visits from the police/tax authorities.

Not in America? When I go to the ATM, I have a bunch of cards, sometimes I take out $4,000-$5,000 between several different pre-paid bank cards at a time. I don't have a pattern, usually its the same ATM, but others its because of convenience.
I've yet to have the police at my door.

Norway has too few users, and too many tax employees. Smiley
underminer

Activity: 210

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 09:12:07 PM

Have a runner do it for you maybe? 

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.
Arto
Donator

Activity: 213

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2012, 06:40:24 PM

Anyone using payment cards issued abroad, should know that ATM's have video surveilance, and thus take appropriate measures to avoid detection. If you withdraw a lot of money in your closest ATM for a long time, you will get visits from the police/tax authorities.

How would they know how to locate you, other than staking out the ATM hoping you'll be back eventually?

securo

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 10:39:04 AM

Humans have a tendency for establishing patterns, even without noticing it themselves. But of course this is hardly a problem if no one is looking for you.

Herodes (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 08:47:59 PM

Anyone using payment cards issued abroad, should know that ATM's have video surveilance, and thus take appropriate measures to avoid detection. If you withdraw a lot of money in your closest ATM for a long time, you will get visits from the police/tax authorities.

How would they know how to locate you, other than staking out the ATM hoping you'll be back eventually?

I remember one case where a MLM dude (WGI) making a lot of money internationally got local authorities on his door after using many cards connected to foreign accounts to withdraw cash. I don't know exactly how they spotted him. Perhaps his name was on some of the cards, or perhaps they spotted him on video and already had his pic. Anyway, he was caught and they demanded a lot of money that they claimed he'd not paid, as he'd not stated this income on his tax return. I'm not sure of this, but I think there are systems in place that monitor the usage of credit cards here in Norway, so if there are some 'interesting' patterns detected, it may trigger an investigation.
securo

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 10:58:10 PM

Many ATM machines here have a hidden camera that looks from down to up. Just look for black window somewhere on ATM machine, use strong light source to shine it trough and take look at that webcam sucker.

Found one today. Hidden in plain sight.

MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 11:37:08 PM

Good one! Now get 150mW green laser from Bitcoin Lasers and show that camera who is the boss!

securo

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 01:57:13 PM

Good one! Now get 150mW green laser from Bitcoin Lasers and show that camera who is the boss!

- or a strategically placed sticker Wink

MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 04:24:40 PM

Laser is more high-tech and permanent solution to this guy

I really dislike the fact that I'm filmed every time I use my own credit card in ATM. But I would not care if I ever might use some other dudes plastic because then I will be wearing ski mask http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luxclnIvUy1qc327qo1_r2_500.jpg

Surveillance does not solve the problem of crime. It only destroys privacy.

securo

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 09:01:06 AM

Anyone selling Big Brother stickers? You got a great slogan.

Herodes (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 04:10:17 PM

^^This.

Also I wonder if there's any detection of hampering with the cam, if you disable it, will you still be able to get the money, or will it swallow your card ?
MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 04:28:57 PM

^^This.

Also I wonder if there's any detection of hampering with the cam, if you disable it, will you still be able to get the money, or will it swallow your card ?
I usually cover the camera and no problems at all. The image processing is not so advanced that it can recognize that something is going with the camera.

If someone can make the sticker with this BigBrother picture and "Surveillance does not solve the problem of crime. It only destroys privacy." slogan, I will stick it to any ATM camera I came across.

underminer

Activity: 210

Not for hire.

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 04:31:52 PM

By doing that you may trigger a response from people who run the ATMs.  They may deem tampering with cameras a problem and put some sort of detection system in newer models.  Better to stay low profile and cover the camera I think.

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 04:40:16 PM

The problem is not the camera when cashing out. The problem is that the cameras are recording every law abiding citizen when they withdraw their own money! They are not going to cover the camera every time.

The advanced methods will come anyway. The lowlifes running the ATM must do something to justify their existence and will code a detection algorithm sooner or later even without no cameras being tampered at all.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: