Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:28:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How could you find Investors/Funders for gambling website?  (Read 1769 times)
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:35:57 AM

Other than being respected in the community and being known for a trustworthy person and having a good idea, what other ways to find funders and investors?

I would like to start a gambling website for mainly PvP so it will need fairly little starting capital since people will be playing against each other rather then the house so there is no house edge , we will only take the rake from each bet  people play.

This might require a loyal good quality freelance developer (to develop first then to maintain it safe forever) in the pay loop and designer to make it look good , marketing will be done by me and all of this might cost some coins and I do not have it , my budget right now is about 100$ or slightly more , I might need a starting capital of 1000$ first and after that I might go with the earnings or maybe will need bigger funds to market even more the get more attraction.

It might be hard because you are a new owner. And also $1000 is not alot of starting capital. SO many investors might not want to invest because they dont wan't to assume 90% of the financial risk.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 07:10:07 AM

If I were you I wouldn't tell my idea to any investors in hopes of getting funded, if I was sure that my idea is unique and it could potentially bring good return then I would find the funds from elsewhere, either take loans on collateral or try to borrow from friends and family or bring in them in the project as partners.

The idea will get copied eventually after your site is up and running but your aim should be the first one to cash that idea, if you discuss it with others online then it might get copied and applied before you even get a chance.

kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:24:24 AM

You need to put together idea and project plan how you can reach your goal. Then post it here with offer for investors. May be someone will be interested, but be prepared for a lot of questions.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:24:34 AM

Other than being respected in the community and being known for a trustworthy person and having a good idea, what other ways to find funders and investors?

I would like to start a gambling website for mainly PvP so it will need fairly little starting capital since people will be playing against each other rather then the house so there is no house edge , we will only take the rake from each bet  people play.

This might require a loyal good quality freelance developer (to develop first then to maintain it safe forever) in the pay loop and designer to make it look good , marketing will be done by me and all of this might cost some coins and I do not have it , my budget right now is about 100$ or slightly more , I might need a starting capital of 1000$ first and after that I might go with the earnings or maybe will need bigger funds to market even more the get more attraction.

you either have to be known/respected or whatever so that investors would trust you with their money or you have to provide some sort of guarantee of return for them. unless you want some sort of crowdfunding investment like some gambling sites do (invest in bankroll) which again needs trust and you will need to have an old service.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
elm
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:11:13 PM

What's the purpose of that moneypot link above? How does this relate to the topic or the message in your post?
Are signature links getting old or something?

He meant we could use moneypot api to create a dice website to start off with. I will definetly check that out.

just for info you dont need offer a dice site/game with moneypot. most of the games will work. but if you will do a PvP only then you dont need moneypot because you take a rake from players. btw a rake from players is imo a house edge

good luck
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:32:28 PM

Op you don't necessarily need to be old and respected member of the community. Everyone started somewhere at one point.
I guess your best bet will be introduce yourself, your business ideas and details of your project - you need to do this really well.
If people find this interesting and your idea will be good someone will help you finance your project.
Aleator (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 01:03:05 PM

I decided to use the moneypot api. That lowers the requirements a lot.

After I get a good dice website that could make me decent money I will get one website with play money without putting too much budget into it and I will get that working well , if it finds enough attraction I will turn it into bitcoin and use some budget for it.

elm
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 01:23:10 PM

After I get a good dice website that could make me decent money I will get one website with play money without putting too much budget into it and I will get that working well , if it finds enough attraction I will turn it into bitcoin and use some budget for it.

interesting

and who told you to checkout moneypot?
oddsworthbetting

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 01:42:39 PM

Its illegal to accept investments without proper approval from the SEC.

Bit.Gamblr  Professional Traders  Bit.Gamblr
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Fully Transparent | Verified Earnings | 10% Referral Commission | Reliable Trading | DDoS/SSL Protected Server
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 01:58:03 PM

This is pretty weird, why would you start with a play money if you can keep on using moneypot's API for it ? Besides you as a developer are risk-free and you can keep on getting profit as long as there are someone that wager on your site assuming that your idea is genuine and it attracts alot bettor.
As for the bolded part, the competition for the dice site around here is pretty hard with all these old site around here so unless you could create something that is "awesome" then it will be pretty hard to jump in the market

Thought it was you?

Its illegal to accept investments without proper approval from the SEC.

To be honest over 90 % of the gambling site around here is illegal to begin with and moreover even BTC is illegal in some country so that wont matter anyway.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 02:22:38 PM

You should create a thread of your site and take into account the feedback of the people

that way you will have a good site and that will bring investors
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 02:50:04 PM

I predict that one day there could be an ico coin for the gambling website where it can traded freely on the altcoin exchange just like the stock market.
Then the gambling website will use the funds to expand the business.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
Aleator (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 04:13:58 PM

interesting

I don't know some handsome smart gentleman passed by here and said "its dangerous alone out here , take this with you" and gave me this crucial information.

elm
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:40:43 PM

interesting

I don't know some handsome smart gentleman passed by here and said "its dangerous alone out here , take this with you" and gave me this crucial information.

haha what a smart guy  Grin
sherbyspark

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:45:36 PM

Like others suggested Moneypot is probably the best way. Otherwise it becomes really difficult to get investment as there is always a big risk for investors to invest in an anonymous site. Over time chances might increase but it still depends on how active and dedication of the developer is. I really like what moneypot has been offering for sites. If everyone can trust moneypot, then thats probably the best thing. Apart from this I don't think its illegal to start a company to invest in different sites , perhaps they can register themselves as a company , which likely will make them more trustworthy.
Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:47:13 PM

Can tell you right now you are no where near ready to be looking for investors. Not trying to be a dick but it would be like opening a faucet at this point.
Go search this forum for bitcoin poker sites and see how poorly they are doing for the most part.
98problems

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:51:45 PM

even if you really have a great idea for a gambling website you wont get any investors as long as you are not a reputable member, you should ask your friends to invest instead of unknown people

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:54:58 PM

If I were you I wouldn't tell my idea to any investors in hopes of getting funded, if I was sure that my idea is unique and it could potentially bring good return then I would find the funds from elsewhere, either take loans on collateral or try to borrow from friends and family or bring in them in the project as partners.

The idea will get copied eventually after your site is up and running but your aim should be the first one to cash that idea, if you discuss it with others online then it might get copied and applied before you even get a chance.

You actually bring up a pretty good point. Because one investor with alot of money can hire another programmer and hire some staff and he can simply steal the ideal and keep all the money to themselves. You cant put a patent down on something like this.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Aleator (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 07:03:21 PM

I don't think that would happen. I wrote this to bunch of places for a looong time now. Noone steals it. Like I said , it is very difficult for someone with a lot of money to get into risk for something new , they will do stuff that has been tried before.

oddsworthbetting

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 08:56:15 PM

I wil report you to the SEC and get paid when you get arrested  Tongue

Bit.Gamblr  Professional Traders  Bit.Gamblr
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Fully Transparent | Verified Earnings | 10% Referral Commission | Reliable Trading | DDoS/SSL Protected Server
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: