Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:59:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hitchhiking Robot ‘Jacked” In Philly, Ends Cross-Country Trip In US…  (Read 1629 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 07:32:31 PM

A hitchhiking robot that captured the hearts of fans worldwide met its demise in the U.S.

The Canadian researchers who created hitchBOT as a social experiment told The Associated Press that someone in Philadelphia damaged the robot beyond repair on Saturday, ending its first American tour after about two weeks.

The kid-size robot set out to travel cross-country after successfully hitchhiking across Canada in 26 days last year and parts of Europe. It is immobile on its own so gets from place to place by relying on the kindness of strangers.

It started in Marblehead, Massachusetts, on July 17 with its thumb raised skyward, a grin on its digital face and tape wrapped around its cylindrical head that read “San Francisco or bust.”

It bounced around the Boston area and was briefly taken to sea. One day, it took in a Red Sox game. But hitchBOT never made it off the East Coast.

The creators were sent an image of the vandalized robot Saturday but cannot track its location because the battery is dead. They said they don’t know who destroyed it or why. But co-creator Frauke Zeller said many children who adored the robot are now heartbroken.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/01/hitchhiking-robot-cross-country-trip-in-us-ends-prematurely-in-philly/

BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GriffinHeart

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hello there!

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 07:37:30 PM

I saw a video about this guy yesterday!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTP8prb-zO8
Did he get damaged when they left him on the bench there?

P.S. YAS! Jessie left it and it was vandalised in the exact place he put it!

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 08:36:47 PM

The City of Brotherly Love. This was a hate crime against robots and we need to petition the AG to do a full and thorough investigation.

bojan92

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 11:44:33 PM

well the good thing is that it has travel Europe and Canada. I have traveled less than the robot in my 23 years. I do like the experiment but the sad truth is that there were and always will be people in this world who can only do harm. Sad
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 11:48:27 PM

Stupid Americans. Some of yall act like animals and its depressing. Grow the fuck up. Whats the point in messing with the robot. How is the robot bothering you?
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 12:14:55 AM

Stupid Americans. Some of yall act like animals and its depressing. Grow the fuck up. Whats the point in messing with the robot. How is the robot bothering you?

Stupid Americans? Nice generalization bobby boy. Not all Americans are like that.

Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 12:16:34 AM

Stupid Americans? Nice generalization bobby boy. Not all Americans are like that.

Well, it passed through Canada and Europe without issues then its gets to philly and yall fuck it up. Not all of yall. Just the animal Americans.
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 12:18:47 AM

Well, it passed through Canada and Europe without issues then its gets to philly and yall fuck it up. Not all of yall. Just the animal Americans.

Then call it like it is... stupid Philadelphians. It made it through Boston just fine.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 12:18:57 AM

Looks like they forgot to add R2-D2's defensive armament package.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 12:26:52 AM

Then call it like it is... stupid Philadelphians. It made it through Boston just fine.

Thats like saying the car wash worked well and cleaned the car. Just the drying part broke and smashed my roof.

The whole wash is now tarnished.
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:12:58 AM

Thats like saying the car wash worked well and cleaned the car. Just the drying part broke and smashed my roof.

The whole wash is now tarnished.

The whole was is now tarnished? Really Bob, more generalization? So hold all 320 million Americans responsible for what one idiot in Philly did? Do you also say that all Germans were Nazis and all muslims are terrorists?

WhatsBitcoin

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:16:09 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Get sick. Get well.
koshgel
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 04:07:59 AM

What an ignorant comment. Because one city in America encompasses 319 million people. You seem to be the one in need of growing.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 05:04:07 AM

You aren't clever. 90% of people who quote this "law" (which basically began as an internet joke btw), don't even understand its intent. You are just as bad as those rejects that cite Occam's Razor every 3 seconds to defend their stupidity. He didn't compare anyone to nazis, he simply used nazis as an example of a bad group of people. Grow a brain. After that try thinking for yourself.
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 10:34:51 AM

That's it? That's all you've got? A link to a Wikipedia page? So no original thought then. Thanks for playing. I highly recommend you tead Techshare's above post thoroughly.

medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 11:43:30 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2015, 01:04:49 PM by medUSA

I wouldn't have damaged the Hitchhiking Robot, but I would not take it seriously at all if I saw it on the side of the road.
It's looks like child's play and someone with a camera is going to jump out from behind a bush and catch you on nation tv.  Cheesy

Edit:

I don't know why you folks are so upset. It was highway workers getting a piece of trash off the highway. Smiley

Sad but true. The "bot" is basically old dish washing gloves, bits of styrofoam and old wellies.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 12:42:34 PM

I don't know why you folks are so upset. It was highway workers getting a piece of trash off the highway.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:09:11 PM

I don't know why you folks are so upset. It was highway workers getting a piece of trash off the highway.

Smiley

Nope.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 06:00:10 PM

Smiley

Muh roads!

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
GriffinHeart

Activity: 182

Hello there!

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 06:19:37 PM

It's a social experiment, not a piece of trash. It had an iphone running siri constantly using a solar panel and a face. $2000 worth of robot was destroyed because some blockhead thought it was funny to beat the crap out of it.

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: