Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:15:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: {LAUNCHED} {Stripecoin} {STRP} {SCRYPT}  (Read 8166 times)
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 03:03:14 PM

Hey dev, where did you go?  I wasn't trying to mock the coin or anything.  Yeah, launch didn't go so well but you warned us it was your first coin.  Hell, even if STRP never hits an exchange, you might as well finish what you started.  Consider this coin a practice run.  Next one will be better.

Even if you are no professional, the alt scene needs more guys with even basic coding and programming skills because you have the ability to actually contribute.  Guys like me who just blah blah blah and contribute nothing but words are a dime a dozen.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stripes (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:04:46 PM

Hey dev, where did you go?  I wasn't trying to mock the coin or anything.  Yeah, launch didn't go so well but you warned us it was your first coin.  Hell, even if STRP never hits an exchange, you might as well finish what you started.  Consider this coin a practice run.  Next one will be better.

Even if you are no professional, the alt scene needs more guys with even basic coding and programming skills because you have the ability to actually contribute.  Guys like me who just blah blah blah and contribute nothing but words are a dime a dozen.

I am still here, I am just having problems and it is embarrassing. I had no idea compiling a wallet on windows was such a nightmare. I stayed home from work today to try to get this worked out, but still there are problems.

First I was attempting it on a Windows 8.1 VM on my netbbok. I could not even get all the dependencies installed there without errors. Last night I borrowed a Windows 10 laptop, and was able to get all dependencies compiled(I fell asleep while QT was compiling cause it took over an hour).

Fresh this morning I called into work and made an excuse. Jumped into the laptop and started fresh. Halfway through compilation I get a net.cpp error. I googled my issues, and tried 10+ fixes. None of them worked. I erased all libs and dependencies and started over. Got to the same compilation problem.

https://i.imgur.com/Za08QCj.png

It looked like a upnp issue so I tried to qmake without upnp(USE_UPNP=-)
No luck.

I decided that maybe it is a windows 10 issue so I am currently installing a VM version of Windows 7. This is basically my last hope.

I do not want to get someone else to compilate it because if I did, I can't vouch for it cause I have no idea if it is legit or not.

Maybe I am not cut out for this shit. I have compiled many sources before, but always on Ubuntu.
cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:14:55 PM

Hey dev, where did you go?  I wasn't trying to mock the coin or anything.  Yeah, launch didn't go so well but you warned us it was your first coin.  Hell, even if STRP never hits an exchange, you might as well finish what you started.  Consider this coin a practice run.  Next one will be better.

Even if you are no professional, the alt scene needs more guys with even basic coding and programming skills because you have the ability to actually contribute.  Guys like me who just blah blah blah and contribute nothing but words are a dime a dozen.

I am still here, I am just having problems and it is embarrassing. I had no idea compiling a wallet on windows was such a nightmare. I stayed home from work today to try to get this worked out, but still there are problems.

First I was attempting it on a Windows 8.1 VM on my netbbok. I could not even get all the dependencies installed there without errors. Last night I borrowed a Windows 10 laptop, and was able to get all dependencies compiled(I fell asleep while QT was compiling cause it took over an hour).

Fresh this morning I called into work and made an excuse. Jumped into the laptop and started fresh. Halfway through compilation I get a net.cpp error. I googled my issues, and tried 10+ fixes. None of them worked. I erased all libs and dependencies and started over. Got to the same compilation problem.

No luck.

I decided that maybe it is a windows 10 issue so I am currently installing a VM version of Windows 7. This is basically my last hope.

I do not want to get someone else to compilate it because if I did, I can't vouch for it cause I have no idea if it is legit or not.

Maybe I am not cut out for this shit. I have compiled many sources before, but always on Ubuntu.

your mistake:
ifneq (${USE_UPNP}, -)
 LIBS += -l miniupnpc -l iphlpapi
 DEFS += -DSTATICLIB -DUSE_UPNP=$(USE_UPNP)
endif

ok, solution:
endif
ifneq (${USE_UPNP}, -)
 DEFS += -DMINIUPNP_STATICLIB -DUSE_UPNP=$(USE_UPNP)
endif

stripes (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:13:52 PM

Hey dev, where did you go?  I wasn't trying to mock the coin or anything.  Yeah, launch didn't go so well but you warned us it was your first coin.  Hell, even if STRP never hits an exchange, you might as well finish what you started.  Consider this coin a practice run.  Next one will be better.

Even if you are no professional, the alt scene needs more guys with even basic coding and programming skills because you have the ability to actually contribute.  Guys like me who just blah blah blah and contribute nothing but words are a dime a dozen.

No luck.

your mistake:
ifneq (${USE_UPNP}, -)
 DEFS += -DSTATICLIB -DUSE_UPNP=$(USE_UPNP)
endif

ok, solution:
endif
ifneq (${USE_UPNP}, -)
 DEFS += -DMINIUPNP_STATICLIB -DUSE_UPNP=$(USE_UPNP)
endif

You are a genius and a life-saver. That fixed it.

https://i.imgur.com/yWEAD8s.png

I am about to upload it now to releases on github. Would you like some STRP from the bounty fund? I can send you a couple thousand of them?
Skatebird
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:15:08 PM

You are the only dev here right ?! What skills do you have and what was your plan(s) for your coin ?! At least, you admit your error/problem so its a good start!

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
stripes (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:42:57 PM

Ok the Windows wallet has been uploaded to github, and main post is updated with it. It may be too little too late, but I tried my best.

You are the only dev here right ?! What skills do you have and what was your plan(s) for your coin ?! At least, you admit your error/problem so its a good start!

Yes I am the only developer. I had someone that started out with me, but they abandoned ship after a few hours.
I am not opposed to having another or more than one join to help. But, the problem is that this is a 0 profit venture. It is hard to get people to want to help if you do not offer them money.

The plan with the coin is to do a hardfork a little but after block 5000. The fork will implement POS and a few other things I would like to keep quiet about in case they do not work out the way I wanted them to. I also was planning to use a proof-of-chain concept to reward all the early miners with a sidechain coin, but this was going to be handled by my friend who seems to be no longer on board.

I am a first year CS student at our state University. My main skills learned so far are with PHP, HTML, CSS, and javascript, but I am learning new stuff everyday. I am a bartender part-time at a local BBQ shack to supplement my student loan income(this obv has nothing to do with the coin, but it may help explain my allocated time-frames).
Skatebird
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:48:36 PM

Ok the Windows wallet has been uploaded to github, and main post is updated with it. It may be too little too late, but I tried my best.

Yes I am the only developer. I had someone that started out with me, but they abandoned ship after a few hours.
I am not opposed to having another or more than one join to help. But, the problem is that this is a 0 profit venture. It is hard to get people to want to help if you do not offer them money.

The plan with the coin is to do a hardfork a little but after block 5000. The fork will implement POS and a few other things I would like to keep quiet about in case they do not work out the way I wanted them to. I also was planning to use a proof-of-chain concept to reward all the early miners with a sidechain coin, but this was going to be handled by my friend who seems to be no longer on board.

I am a first year CS student at our state University. My main skills learned so far are with PHP, HTML, CSS, and javascript, but I am learning new stuff everyday. I am a bartender part-time at a local BBQ shack to supplement my student loan income(this obv has nothing to do with the coin, but it may help explain my allocated time-frames).

I seriously like your transparent style, it can really help you with your project. I also think youll need a partner that will be able to help you!! Sorry, im not the good one because im not a good coder.. I can help with marketing, thats all. For the revenu, you can add a donation adress where you and partners can get a little revenu and the better the coin succeed, the bigger is the revenu !! Do you have contact in cryptos ? Whats your day-to-day BCT username?

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
Slugmonkey

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:50:52 PM

Pool Added
http://stripecoin.hashmode.net
PPLNS 1% Pool Fee
Daily Backups
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 06:31:11 PM

i see here a fair try to create something not to be called a scam.
so count me in, i will help when ever i can.

+1 keep on keepin' on

papasmurph

Activity: 503

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:58:25 PM

windows wallet not working...

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Monopoly

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:08:43 PM

Same here .... but not important the coin is really newbie
itismoney4me

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:34:34 PM

I respect you and your work. You are a honest person and it is very rare in cryptocurrency world.
stripes (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:36:41 PM

Give me a few minutes. I see where I forgot to make a lib static. Recompiling now...as long as no issues it should be ready in moments.
cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:38:01 PM

--large-address-aware...........................

stripes (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:43:37 PM

--large-address-aware...........................

Thanks, yeah that is where I had forgot to add -static. I am pretty sure it is compiling correct now as I was able to get the stripecoind compiled correct.

I also found 2 other problems that may or may not been causing an issue. obj/net.o was corrupted it seems so i redid it, and it was linking an incorrect version of boost on one line.

It hope it is compiling correct now =/

On a side note, the guy I had hired to make me a faucet still has not responded back. He may be having issues. I did not pay him barely any BTC so I doubt he is a scammer for such a small amount. Maybe he is just having some issues. If he does not come through in the next hours, and I have the Windows wallet posted, I will just make a faucet myself.
stripes (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:57:26 PM

Ok, the working version of static Windows QT is posted. Sorry for the mistakes. I tested this download on my VM and it works, and original build works on my borrowed laptop. So it should work for all of you.

Windows Wallet Download Page

Skatebird
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:58:35 PM

I dont want to offend you, but i still think you need a better logo and presentation ann. After that, hitting an exchange could be nice

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
papasmurph

Activity: 503

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:44:13 PM

Ok, the working version of static Windows QT is posted. Sorry for the mistakes. I tested this download on my VM and it works, and original build works on my borrowed laptop. So it should work for all of you.
Windows Wallet Download Page

Thanks man. 

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
@boutiuqe

Activity: 638

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:53:14 PM

block explorer not working.
redkinggg

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:05:39 AM

I got to say Dev, I love the honesty you have shown.  This business could use many more like you.  Just keep asking questions and learning, and worst case scenario is you get a positive experience out of this.  I wish you the best on your journey  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: