Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:54:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: whos Prepping ? for any disaster?  (Read 1223 times)
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 12:26:17 AM

Living in southern California almost everyone has an earthquake kit and water. It would just be stupid not to. They even tell you on the radio and TV commercials to have an earthquake kit. So I'm prepped in that way, but I'm not stock piling on bullets and canned food.
well you should man... people think im crazy but im just well in knowledge

Well I am an avid hiker and very knowledgeable of most of the local flora. I trained myself to recognize edible plants and useful medical herbs that naturally grow out here. I have a get home bag in my car, and I know how to get off the main roads and get to the trails and back country. If something went down the roads would the most dangerous places to be with all the "normal people" who are freaking out.  If you haven't read it already, you should read "One Second After" and "Patriots". The first is about an EMP and how people tried to survive, the second was about a socio-economic collapse followed by a foreign occupation. Again, I don't really prep in that manner of stock piling, but I wouldn't say I'm not prepared either  Wink

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pathi

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 01:05:40 AM

prep for likely problems. If you lose your job 1 year of food will be very comforting. Guns and ammo won't help much...
Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 04:15:42 AM

I plan to die in any first wave of anything. If I live I have my chainsaw and a bottle of scotch.
BornBlazed

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 01:10:46 PM

Government's usually have high paid agency's in charge of disaster preparedness , its why we pay an arm and a leg in taxes. That being said these Gov't Agency's recommend we all have food and water on hand in case a emergency really does happen. During the 2008 Panic I bought a 60+ pound bag of white rice and a cheapo $20 Water Filter (straw Design). I've been eating portions of that bag of white rice with my chili ever since.

Easy to Claim Ecoins Airdrop! https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/wczxkq0
ThomM

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 11:03:31 PM

oh hell yeah. I'm always ready for any disaster. but not in a buy-this-and-that-for-supply-and-build-a-nuclear-bunker way.
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 12:38:45 AM

I keep a b.o.b. at work, in the car, and at home. The work bag is just a light laptop bag with the essentials and maybe 20 lbs of stuff. The bag at home and in the car are both 50 lbs. Every 3 months I check each bag for inventory as I usually end up using some items.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: