Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:38:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [ANN] Bitcoin Foundation  (Read 591 times)
elux (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 10:37:46 PM

First, you edited my OP and broke all of the links changing .org to .com.
Then you sent me a PM asking if it would be ok to move this thread to Service Discussion.  WTF?  If discussion of the Foundation isn't a good topic for the main Discussion forum what is?

Woah.  That is a significant abuse of moderator power.

Has hazek edited any of your other posts?
Has hazek edited any of my posts?
Has hazek edited any of satoshi's old posts?

Editing another's posts is far worse than deletion, when it comes to abuse of moderator powers.  That is misrepresenting someone else's identity.

First, I had one of my posts (which was friendly to the Bitcoin Foundation) deleted.

Second, and more curiously, one of the links in this post was changed (not by me) to simply: "http://"

There are two bad links in the announcement:

(1) ... see the Linux Foundation website ... should link to http://www.linuxfoundation.org
(2) ... Peter's "Letter from the Executive Director" ... should link to https://bitcoinfoundation.org/about/letter

That said: Wooooooo! Yes! This is REALLY good news and a big step, nay, a big leap in the right direction.

Create an opt-in certification process for Bitcoin businesses.

Sanity checks are coming!!! I'm happy all over. Will be signing up pretty much immediately.

Since I received no notification of my posts being edited/deleted or otherwise moderated,
my first thought was that perhaps my account had been hacked.  Undecided
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12900

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 11:00:39 PM

You had a post deleted by me. Calling someone a troll is a pointless ad hominem attack, adding nothing to the discussion. I consider such posts off-topic. I deleted many posts on both sides of the argument -- too many to send PMs to everyone.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
elux (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 11:31:49 PM

Ok, so first, I did not create this thread, Theymos did.

Concerning the deleted post, I quoted a number of especially trollish statements to the effect that the "end is nigh", because, you know, Bitcoin Foundation. And noted how the quoted segments fit the definition of trolling ecactly. I then (stupidly perhaps) embedded a GIF saying don't feed the trolls. I guess trolling is okay, but recommending that people don't feed the trolls is not.

Mea culpa.

Concerning the edited post: Theymos, are you able to figure out who blanked out the link(s) in my post?

Lastly, since this is now apparently in META:
May I suggest that one should receive an automated notification upon being moderated,
so that people can actually learn from their transgressions?

One should know what has been moderated, and when.
The reason for being moderated can be omitted, so as not to add to the burden of the moderators.

Preferably, the offending post should be visible to the poster, mods and admins only.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12900

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 01:30:15 AM

I don't think it was edited by a moderator.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
elux (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 02:50:17 PM

Ok. Hmm. I'm pretty sure it wasn't me.

Here's why: I noticed that the links in the announcement were broken. I copied the links from the announcement.
I changed the domains from ".com" to ".org", and discovered that this fixed the broken links,
while thinking to myself that that that this was an uncharacteristically sloppy mistake by Gavin.
I then pasted the working links to my post, and verified that the links were still working.

So far, so good.

Later that day (or perhaps the next) at least one of the links in my post was blanked out, pointing to "http://".
I was surprised by this, and fixed it, thinking my account might have been compromised.

jgarzik's post, which I replied to, completely explained away my confusion.

With your statement that my post was not edited by a moderator, I find myself back to being confused again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: