Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:27:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What dramatically changes the profit-mining ratio??  (Read 1060 times)
AnnaC (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:57:13 AM

I look at https://www.whattomine.com every week or so to see what to point to for (ASIC, GPU).

One week, much is (very slightly) profitable.
Another, like now, everything is not profitable at all.

Sure, BTC was $290 now $279 - but that's not enough to make the difference.

How do all the margins move so dramatically - but together? What am I missing?

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Grout

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 02:34:31 PM

You are missing the crash of Sharkcoin, which was a very profitable Quark coin.
Since then, its enormous hashpower has been redirected to other coins/algo, bringing all their profitabilities down.
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 07:47:29 AM

I look at https://www.whattomine.com every week or so to see what to point to for (ASIC, GPU).

Thanks!

New miners (GPU and ASIC) also change it.

sure!!!
new scrypt and sha-256 asic miner, double hashrate, with the same power consumption, so, GPU mining is kikked off...
for example...
take a look to this
:
http://zoomhash.com/collections/asics/products/110mhs-scrypt-asic-plug-and-play-1000w-a2mega-door-to-door-within-3-5-business-days

110MHash scrypt, for just 1000w...
until some monts ago... unthinkable!!!!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 07:30:20 PM

fake buy volume... (it isn't always the fault of the miners  Grin)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
AnnaC (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:17:21 AM

Thanks!

New miners (GPU and ASIC) also change it.

sure!!!
new scrypt and sha-256 asic miner, double hashrate, with the same power consumption, so, GPU mining is kikked off...
for example...
take a look to this
:
http://zoomhash.com/collections/asics/products/110mhs-scrypt-asic-plug-and-play-1000w-a2mega-door-to-door-within-3-5-business-days

110MHash scrypt, for just 1000w...
until some monts ago... unthinkable!!!!

but, that's $7/day at best... for $1,350 - that's 192 days at current rate to BREAK EVEN.

I have yet to find a miner one has to purchase that projects profit. Am I wrong?
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:55:43 AM

If you just point your miner at a multi-pool or just mine LTC then you won't make your money back.

But if you do your homework and mine certain coins at certain times and trade them right -- then you can do well.

CoinBreader

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 09:37:57 AM

If you just point your miner at a multi-pool or just mine LTC then you won't make your money back.

But if you do your homework and mine certain coins at certain times and trade them right -- then you can do well.

no way to survive in mining without an ASIC and free electricity !
plus the certain coins & certain times does not exist anymore, cause the big guys rent freaking amounts of hash, so if you are good with TA make your money from thin air, or else buy some BTC and store them just in case! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: