Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:48:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Man Decapitates Wife, Kills Dogs, Gouges-Out Eyeball, And Lops Hand-Off  (Read 1124 times)
Trifixion713 (OP)

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:34:36 PM

Investigators say Wakefield killed Trina Heisch, 49, and their two dogs and stashed the bodies in a closet. He then gouged out one of his own eyes and cut off his left hand at the forearm.

The grisly scene was discovered July 25 by a neighbor who went to check on Heisch and said Wakefield came to the door naked, covered in blood.

Wakefield spent 10 years in a state mental hospital after stabbing a relative in 2003. He was found "guilty, except insane" on charges of attempted second-degree murder in the attack, a verdict that spared him prison time.

In November 2014, a state psychiatric board issued an order for county prosecutors to try to extend his stay. The board's chairwoman has said the panel did everything it could in the case to ensure community safety.

The Maricopa County attorney's office acknowledged earlier this week that it was unsuccessful.

"Evidentiary issues precluded us from proceeding with the civil commitment process," said spokesman Jerry Cobb, declining to elaborate because the case is under seal.

Wakefield was approved for release 10 months ago by the psychiatric review board based on a belief that his mental health disease was in remission and that he wasn't dangerous if he lived in a residential treatment program.

Heisch also had a history of mental illness. A judge found her to be "guilty, except insane" on charges of attempted second-degree murder in the stabbing of her 15-year-old son while he was sleeping in January 2000. She was ordered to spend 10 years in the state hospital and was eventually released.

It was not clear what specific mental illness either has suffered from.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/29690705/man-accused-of-decapitating-wife-leaves-hospital-for-jail
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:43:49 PM

The psychiatric review board blinded him with science, in one eye...

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 05:50:12 PM

THERE ARE SO MANY CRAZY PEOPLE - WE NEED TO BAN GUNS!
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:55:48 PM

No we all need to carry guns so we can defend ourselves against nutcases who can always find a way to get a gun.

Guns are banned in South America (very difficult licensing process), yet the criminals always have the guns. This has turned SA into a freak show where the citizens are powerless.

You fucking idiots! When you will ever learn to use your brain stem (if you even have one)  Huh

Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:02:56 PM

No we all need to carry guns so we can defend ourselves against nutcases who can always find a way to get a gun.

Guns are banned in South America (very difficult licensing process), yet the criminals always have the guns. This has turned SA into a freak show where the citizens are powerless.

You fucking idiots! When you will ever learn to use your brain stem (if you even have one)  Huh

It is called sarcasm...

nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:14:07 PM

wow. that's really disturbing. insane or not, didn't he feel any pain?

did you gouges out your eyeball too? it's obvious that it's a sarcasm because the guy on OP decapitates his wife using something sharp. that's certainly not a gun.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:17:31 PM

did you gouges out your eyeball too? it's obvious that it's a sarcasm because the guy on OP decapitates his wife using something sharp. that's certainly not a gun.

And people who waste precious time can expect me to respond to nonsense with ridicule.

Can't you fuckers actually do anything productive to help us deal with the political morass! All you do is shit in your armchair and write nonsense.

Who gives a fuck about some community news! This is a global website with a serious focus.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 08:37:30 PM

And people who waste precious time can expect me to respond to nonsense with ridicule.

Can't you fuckers actually do anything productive to help us deal with the political morass! All you do is shit in your armchair and write nonsense.

Who gives a fuck about some community news! This is a global website with a serious focus.

You are new, so I am going to cut you some slack. If you bothered to read any of the arguments about gun control on this forum you would find I am quite vociferously against it. If anyone is wasting time it is you arguing over what was clearly a joke that went over your head in order to distract from your embarrassment for not recognizing it as such.

The very point of the sarcasm was to point out crazy people don't need guns to maim and murder people, and I highly doubt a man that would gouge his own eye out and chop off his own arm would care much about gun laws anyway.

This case is a perfect example that the real cause of the gun violence in the US is a result of lack of mental health care, not guns.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:52:31 PM

The vast majority of murders are not committed by people with mental disorders, and even when you adjust the number considering the prevalence of mental disorders, you find that suffering from schizofrenia dosen't increase the chance of committing a violent act against others.
Given that, I don't think that this episode raises many arguments pro or con weapons control. Even in USA, I don't think that after a murder and 10 years of psychiatric asylum they are going to give you a gun...

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 09:02:21 PM

The vast majority of murders are not committed by people with mental disorders, and even when you adjust the number considering the prevalence of mental disorders, you find that suffering from schizofrenia dosen't increase the chance of committing a violent act against others.
Given that, I don't think that this episode raises many arguments pro or con weapons control. Even in USA, I don't think that after a murder and 10 years of psychiatric asylum they are going to give you a gun...

No the vast majority of murders using guns are gang related, but the vast majority of mass shooters do have mental disorders and are 9 times out of 10 on psychiatric medications, and these horror stories are what push utopian progressives to start crying about gun control as if it is the source of the problem and not just a symptom. The fact is this man did not get the mental healthcare he needed, and he killed some one as a result. My argument was the source of the problem is lack of healthcare in the us, not the availability of guns. Furthermore this incident shows that people do not need firearms to be crazy and murder people.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 09:12:43 PM

You are new, so I am going to cut you some slack. If you bothered to read any of the arguments about gun control on this forum you would find I am quite vociferously against it. If anyone is wasting time it is you arguing over what was clearly a joke that went over your head in order to distract from your embarrassment for not recognizing it as such.

The very point of the sarcasm was to point out crazy people don't need guns to maim and murder people, and I highly doubt a man that would gouge his own eye out and chop off his own arm would care much about gun laws anyway.

This case is a perfect example that the real cause of the gun violence in the US is a result of lack of mental health care, not guns.

I am not new. I am AnonyMint. And my point to you is that you are shitting in your armchair. How about actually doing something?

The politics will not change. Any other doable ideas?

Moar healthcare is exactly what we don't need.

Rather we need to be armed so we can shoot these deranged people and cull the population of the problem. Much more efficient.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 09:14:55 PM

I am not new. I am AnonyMint. And my point to you is that you are shitting in your armchair. How about actually doing something?

The politics will not change. Any other doable ideas?

Moar healthcare is exactly what we don't need.

Rather we need to be armed so we can shoot these deranged people and cull the population of the problem. Much more efficient.

Well then if you are not new you have a reading comprehension problem. BTW, wtf are you doing other than criticizing me because you made yourself look like a dope?
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 01:19:41 AM

that's tragic! how can someone do that ! that would be a really horrible way to die as well I would rather be shot or stabbed to death than have my head cut off.. so sad, RIP to this woman.
blablahblah

Activity: 775

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:50:50 AM

• Gun suicides significantly outnumber all other gun-related deaths.
  • Over-availability of easy means to top oneself has (repeatedly) been shown to be a significant factor in the overall death rate.
  • Decreased availability causes decreased mortality.
  • Suicide-prevention fences on one bridge do not cause people to travel to another bridge, they simply cool off and get on with life. The exact same argument applies with guns.
  • Historical reasons for guns as laid out in the US' constitution, such as defending yourself against government tyranny, lost Conquistadores, or POHMs setting out to bring the US back under British rule, are laughable today.
  • The consumer fire-arms industry (which is what you're really talking about, and has nothing to do with weapons that could realistically hold off the government), is selling a fantasy so that "big boys" can also have their Barbie Doll accessories.

Besides, South America has been a freak-show for decades with proxy wars and Communist fanatics, which Russia pretends to know nothing about. Let me know if they have Kalashnikovs or some US brand.

Educate yourself:
http://www.cracked.com/article_20396_5-mind-blowing-facts-nobody-told-you-about-guns.html
blablahblah

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:25:30 AM

No the vast majority of murders using guns are gang related, but the vast majority of mass shooters do have mental disorders and are 9 times out of 10 on psychiatric medications, and these horror stories are what push utopian progressives to start crying about gun control as if it is the source of the problem and not just a symptom. The fact is this man did not get the mental healthcare he needed, and he killed some one as a result. My argument was the source of the problem is lack of healthcare in the us, not the availability of guns. Furthermore this incident shows that people do not need firearms to be crazy and murder people.

Maybe if psychotropic drugs were readily available without a prescription or oversight, would that help?
Surely, the availability of proper medication should be maximised? Wink
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:56:04 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2015, 11:04:24 PM by erre

Maybe if psychotropic drugs were readily available without a prescription or oversight, would that help?
Surely, the availability of proper medication should be maximised? Wink

I highly doubt that any medication would had helped in this case. I also don't think that USA lack in therapy prescription, as far as I know therapies are largely used even for thrivial mood conditions, usually at high doses. But they lack in a free psychiatric service on the territory, the most fundamental thing when it comes to create a good alliance with the patient and to promove an appropriate insight about the illness.
Seems like he was left for 10y in a psychiatric asylum with no project, and after that abandoned again on his own... seems inhumane to me.

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 01:46:36 PM

• Gun suicides significantly outnumber all other gun-related deaths.
  • Over-availability of easy means to top oneself has (repeatedly) been shown to be a significant factor in the overall death rate.
  • Decreased availability causes decreased mortality.
  • Suicide-prevention fences on one bridge do not cause people to travel to another bridge, they simply cool off and get on with life. The exact same argument applies with guns.
  • Historical reasons for guns as laid out in the US' constitution, such as defending yourself against government tyranny, lost Conquistadores, or POHMs setting out to bring the US back under British rule, are laughable today.
  • The consumer fire-arms industry (which is what you're really talking about, and has nothing to do with weapons that could realistically hold off the government), is selling a fantasy so that "big boys" can also have their Barbie Doll accessories.

Besides, South America has been a freak-show for decades with proxy wars and Communist fanatics, which Russia pretends to know nothing about. Let me know if they have Kalashnikovs or some US brand.

Educate yourself:
http://www.cracked.com/article_20396_5-mind-blowing-facts-nobody-told-you-about-guns.html
I was making a quick joke to prove a point. You are on an off topic diatribe. Take it to the gun control threads and I would be glad to decimate your arguments there. BTW, I get all my facts from a spinoff of MAD magazine too!
bojan92

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:27:24 PM

So many crazy people, so little ways to protect. In my country if a trespasser is in you house, you don't have a right to take any kind of action against him, because he can take you to court and take your money Smiley
UliJonHoth

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:36:25 PM

I was making a quick joke to prove a point. You are on an off topic diatribe. Take it to the gun control threads and I would be glad to decimate your arguments there. BTW, I get all my facts from a spinoff of MAD magazine too!

I used to love those magazines as a kid, don't think most know that site is what remains of Cracked magazine

blablahblah

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:36:43 PM

No we all need to carry guns...
You fucking idiots!...  Huh

• Gun suicides...
Educate yourself:
And I wasn't replying to you. I was replying to AutistiMint. He may have a case of perma-anger but he's not stupid Wink

I guess I'm just one of those "rest of the world" type people who are occasionally bemused by the US' obsession with guns. One of these days scientists will discover that the penis actually has neurons (just like the heart and intestines), and then they'll do a scan and discover that it thinks the rest of the body is a complete idiot for having an insufficient sex drive.
(I almost did the analogy as America = anus; irrational obsession with guns = obsession with firing shit.)

So glad you read the link. Too bad you didn't learn anything so you needn't have bothered.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: