Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:44:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloudthink Basic Check  (Read 1212 times)
id5 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:54:21 PM

It's been a while since I have been around, I am still running Spoondoolies SP30's from the buy that Roadstress setup a while ago. I drop in occasionally but this is the first hardware I thought I would have a look at in a long while but I like to have a quick check of what is going on.

Basic company check:
UK Registered Company registered 2015.03.26
Director: John Richard Colman
 135 135 W SANTA CLARA CA , SAN JOSE
 95078, CALIFORNIA
 ENGLAND
 Wink Interesting since when has California been a part of England

Phone numbers on website:
+1-855-261-2270
+1-310-846-9028
  Huh These are in US not the UK

But on the website it says 'Our company's main headquarters is located in Manchester'
The website also says Copyright 2013 - 2015 but as the company had not been incorporated at that point the copyright would not stand up in court.
The website also goes on about Trademarks but nothing on the site has been trademarked, nor can I find any registered TradeMark for CloudThink
The website states that all disputes, etc will be submitted to the United Kingdom Court in London, there is no such thing, the terms have obviously not be created by a solicitor.  Angry

Address: 14 Lloyd Street, Manchester, England, M2 5ND
A rather grand city centre 5 story building that hosts at least 24 companies, at least there are on the first register I came to http://www.endole.co.uk/explorer/postcode/m2-5nd
Of the 24 listed, 21 are in liquidation  Wink
But wait there are loads more limited companies at that address, all registered offices and at least two accounting firms that are in that building.
14 Lloyd Street sounds grand but it is a set of serviced offices and as CloudThink does not have a UK landline I suspect they are just another registered office address c/o the UK accountants that set up the company

VAT Registration
500 x $2300 = approximately £737K
So they know that they will earn greater than the VAT threshold in a year and have not registered for VAT

Given a 10min basic company check I would think very, very hard before handing any money over.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 06:32:20 PM

If you'd have taken 11 minutes not 10, you'd have found this thread, which has that info and much more about CloudThink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1141984.0

Wink

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 07:07:56 PM

VAT Registration
500 x $2300 = approximately £737K
So they know that they will earn greater than the VAT threshold in a year and have not registered for VAT

Unless they've specifically stated that, you wouldn't actually know as there is no open register to search for registrations.

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:19:33 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2015, 07:50:07 PM by toptek

It's been a while since I have been around, I am still running Spoondoolies SP30's from the buy that Roadstress setup a while ago. I drop in occasionally but this is the first hardware I thought I would have a look at in a long while but I like to have a quick check of what is going on.

Basic company check:
UK Registered Company registered 2015.03.26
Director: John Richard Colman
 135 135 W SANTA CLARA CA , SAN JOSE
 95078, CALIFORNIA
 ENGLAND
 Wink Interesting since when has California been a part of England

Tax break which they might not get a way with for long moving not forming my bad  the main head base to the the UK were in the UK they get a tax break and pay less taxes some kind of UK benefit then they would in the US etc  but still holding onto the US part for US help\benefits ( in other words legal stealing ) but i read some place that may become illegal soon no help etc , considered tax evasion, if one senator gets the law past , which I thought was.. this was all thought up around this time or later last year because of the health care law and shut down we had .

SO i would be be very careful with this if that's what there up to there playing it both ways, wonder were they will run, if this is what there up to and plan to ripe off a lot big time once they get there miners out there . but the GOV is nothing to play with but well see.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:32:43 PM

Thanks for joining that GB!

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:55:12 PM

I left them a rare negative feedback. Caveat Emptor.

They don't pass the smell test.
LordPaco

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:08:18 PM

Just posting here what got deleted out of the self moderated topic.

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Quote from: pekatete on Today at 06:25:32 PM
Could you please ask your gullible potential reviewers to stop spamming the hardware subforum with review threads that are clearly NEVER going to happen? I mean, even though they still hold hope of getting a FREE 8Th/s rig, could they hold fire until they receive one before spamming?

I can not call this a scam, 'cause its a mere request for reviewers for a last-gen rig "released" on the cusp of new-gen hardware hitting the market, but the gullibility of some supposedly reputable people on the forum is eye-opening to say the least.

Amen brotha! Disappointing to say the least but it shows the community is hungry for new hardware. They only need appear legitimate for a short time to make their scam effort pay off.

Let me wager a guess here that these 'selected members' have been requested by the OP to do just this. They should be embarassed for helping enable this ruse.
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:23:45 PM

They also delete all my post that mention all the scam accusation under this trust.

Are to believe people got owned so bad for getting free vaporware. There is so much red flags ....
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 10:09:01 PM

Smell check:  FAIL

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
id5 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:22:03 AM

If you'd have taken 11 minutes not 10, you'd have found this thread, which has that info and much more about CloudThink

Wink

Nope, just checked and the info I provided wasn't in that thread.
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:49:45 AM

Wink

That might have something to do with the fact that I put the wrong link in  Cheesy
Try this one

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1074272.0

One of our members has even been to the 'Global HQ' address and been told "no-one here by that name".
Now CloudThink are saying come here and collect a super miner.
It's a really bizarre situation.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
macgyver007

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 03:47:32 PM

Oh come on....surely this product exists...one can easily tell that the enclosure has to be around 4 feet tall in order to house all the components claimed in this box  Roll Eyes
Lets not forget that there is zero ventilation ducts in this case and there is still room to house 3 power supplies, 4 x 120mm fans and 20 chips which dissipate 4800w heat that will roast anything in the vicinity...amazing technology....lmfao
So they claim that 20 chips use 3 power supplies...hmmm how does the math on that one work.. 2 boards with 10 chips each sharing 1.5 power supplies?  Grin
Anyone falling for that scam is a complete retard ...sure lets buy this superbox which is overpriced when we can buy 10 S5 for 2000 and 4 of the bitmain power supplies totaling 2400 for a better efficiency and $100 more...suuuuuure they don't need the hardware  Roll Eyes

cloudedthinking bitcoin impersonator = 8TH .6W/GH 2300$
10x s5 powered 11.5th@.51W/GH 2400$

It goes to show that greed can make people do such stupid things....hopefully nobody ordered anything from this site

I cant believe that so many people fell for this SCAM and actually provided shipping addresses  Huh
everaja

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 03:54:28 PM

Cool man !!
i see this as another thread that has just pop out from no where , i request the Mods to filter Spam .
Can you prove that you have received the Hardware , i am pretty much keen to see the hardware as it is unique of its kind.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Richard Coleman and I am the CEO of Cloud Think Mining Limited. Using this post I'm trying to reach mining bloggers, mining news sites and other relevant figures and websites in the Bitcoin Mining Ecosystem which are interested in receiving one of the 30 free test units of the new CloudThink Imperator Bitcoin Miner. Some conditions will apply to this deal so please PM or email support@cloudthink.io for more information.

The main idea is that we have just released a new bitcoin miner to the general public called CloudThink Imperator: http://cloudthink.io/imperatorminer/
which is capable of mining bitcoins with a hashing power of around 8TH/s. The scope of this sale is to give people glimps of what CloudThink stands for by using the equipment to achieve real ROI with our equipment. We are not planning to sell our equipment on a large scale because the Investment Packages we sell through our site are more than enough to sustain our business model. This is just a show off.

If you own a Bitcoin (Mining) Blog, Site, Forum or you are an important figure in this domain, please apply to this thread, by PM or by email: support@cloudthink.io with the following message structure: Name, Website, Social Profiles, Past Articles/Work, Website Traffic, Motive why you want the Imperator, Address and any other information which might convince us to send you a test unit.

We are fairly certain that our product's performance will be more than enough to fuel your reviews, social talks and gossips.

One of the thread that has recently Pop out in Hardware section:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1141474.msg12051601#msg12051601

id5 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:31:26 PM

Wink

That might have something to do with the fact that I put the wrong link in  Cheesy
Try this one

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1074272.0

One of our members has even been to the 'Global HQ' address and been told "no-one here by that name".
Now CloudThink are saying come here and collect a super miner.
It's a really bizarre situation.

Good God, I have been away for a long while, there is now a whole sub-forum for scammers.  Shocked

My only excuse is that I did say I hadn't been around much.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: