Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:06:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quickseller trust abusing, leaving a false rating  (Read 862 times)
tspacepilot (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 11:30:27 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2015, 05:03:50 AM by tspacepilot

As has been discussed previously (but not conclusively), QS has left me a negative rating which is based on zero evidence, is clearly punitive and meant to smear me off the forum.   This topic is being started in order to discuss the merits of QS's false rating separately from the other issues which complicated this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1129059.40 (the previous one).

A quick recap for those who aren't in the know:

1) Early in this year, I called out Quickseller for his temper.  I told him that he shouldn't be calling people idiots and that there are more helpful ways to disagree.
2) QS responded by calling me and idiot.
3) QS further responded by logging in as an alt and beginning to troll me.  He told me that he'd be having me kicked off my signature ad campaign and made other threats.
4) QS spent 24 hours looking through years of posts in order to try to find something against me.
5) QS found tradefortress' false accusations on me and necro-bumped a 2.5 year old thread to threaten me using his main alt ACCTSeller
6) QS logged back in with his main account, and "found" the bump from ACCTSeller, and used it as an excuse to neg rep me.
7) QS's plan backfired, temporarily, the signature ad campaign continued to employ me because they could see that what was happening was someone trying to troll me; QS's vitriolic temper became well known; not long after he was kicked off of badbear's trust list
Cool QS continued to troll me for months

And that basically brings us to where we are today.  Now QS has been readded to default trust and his rating are again causing me issues.  I have no desire here except to be left along and it blows my mind that someone who has publically acted in such a way as QS could be added to a default trust list.  How can you trust someone who takes such extreme measures to exact vengence on someone just because you don't like that hey called you hot-tempered?

At this point, basically everyone who has weighed in on this issue says that they find it extremely hard to believe that such nonsense could go on for so many months and yet, here we are.  I'm pretty convinced that when QS started his smear campaign against me he just thought that I would roll over and die, or perhaps purchase a new account (from him?!) and try to get back to hero member status in a few years.  That he could steamroll me off of the forum.  However, I'm not going to let that happen.  Instead, I'm publically calling attention to this behavoir and asking what we can do.

I think it's going to be next to impossible to get QS to remove his false ratings at this point.  I'd love to find out that I'm wrong, but the last thing that QS has said to me was basically mocking me and everyone else.  He said that he'd be paying 0.1BTC to the first person who could convince him to leave me alone.  So, what to do now?

I have opened another thread in which I solicit TC to reconsider his trust of QS, or else to at least talk to me about it.  But that is purposely in another thread so that here we can discuss trust abuse by QS against me and what do about it.  I'd like to further add that at this point, a number of poeple have spoken to me about this privately (mods can verify this) but asked not to be revealed because of the attack power of QS.  People are afraid to cross him.  Is that the kind of person who should be on default trust?

There is at least one other obvious solution, other people on default trust can remove QS from their trust lists in order to fix this.  I honestly have no idea about the internal politics of this.  Is it seen as a slight against Tomatocage if, say, badbear adds ~Quickseller to his trust list?  I don't know.

I also don't know what to do about this issue.  I think a lot of people are afraid to speak up and those that are speaking up are asking QS to drop this assault.  I wish he would.  I look forward to your input.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 11:45:47 PM

Dude, 1 topic is enough.. we get it.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 01:09:45 AM

Okay, I appreciate you want this dealt with and sent out a PM to some staff/admins to try to get it dealt with - clearly you want it over - but 3 topics? Come on man, there's no need for that. At that point it's just spam and it's probably going to get deleted.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
tspacepilot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 01:15:08 AM

Okay, I appreciate you want this dealt with and sent out a PM to some staff/admins to try to get it dealt with - clearly you want it over - but 3 topics? Come on man, there's no need for that. At that point it's just spam and it's probably going to get deleted.

I'm sorry you feel that way.  I'm certainly not trying to spam.  I can delete these three threads and reopen the original one if that's somehow better.

I split things out like this because there's really three issues at play.  Trying to get TC to discussion is clearly separate, for example, than QS's multiple ratings from sockpuppets.  Because each of these issues is important, I felt that creating three topics was valuable.  If one of them gets solved (say QS consolidates his sockpuppet ratings into one) then that thread can close while the others go on.  Futhermore, I wouldn't think that the thread trying to get TC to take responsibility for his trust list would need comments about the sockpuppet ratings, etc.

I'm certainly open to reconsolidating and deleting if that's somehow better....
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 01:26:38 AM

I'm sorry you feel that way.  I'm certainly not trying to spam.  I can delete these three threads and reopen the original one if that's somehow better.

I split things out like this because there's really three issues at play.  Trying to get TC to discussion is clearly separate, for example, than QS's multiple ratings from sockpuppets.  Because each of these issues is important, I felt that creating three topics was valuable.  If one of them gets solved (say QS consolidates his sockpuppet ratings into one) then that thread can close while the others go on.  Futhermore, I wouldn't think that the thread trying to get TC to take responsibility for his trust list would need comments about the sockpuppet ratings, etc.

I'm certainly open to reconsolidating and deleting if that's somehow better....

It sounds like you two have a personal beef with each other and are trying to pull the rest of the forum into your drama.

Put each other on ignore. Exempt each other from your trust lists and move on with life.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 02:47:18 AM

It sounds like you two have a personal beef with each other and are trying to pull the rest of the forum into your drama.

Put each other on ignore. Exempt each other from your trust lists and move on with life.
I want to make it very clear that my negative rating on tspacepilot is absolutely not personal (despite his efforts to make it otherwise).

The bottom line is that tspacepilot scammed someone (coin chat), and the fact that the person who ran coin chat (TF) turned out to be a scammer does not excuse the scam (even if it did, tspacepilot scammed coin chat long before it turned out that TF was a scammer). If you don't believe me then I can go dig up the evidence, although I really don't see the point because whenever people start disagreeing with tspacepilot, he locks the threads to prevent further discussion about the issue (this is actually a duplicate thread, of which tspacepilot locked once others started telling him that he was wrong).

I would also like to point out that I have not made any additional accusations against tspacepilot since my original accusation against him (although I did point out that he was looking for ways to farm the faucet on PD, although this was factual, and occurred after I originally found out that he scammed coin chat).
tspacepilot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:59:03 AM

kogshel, that would work, and it would be a perfect solution, except that QS is on default trust and his negative rating means that I have to deal with people questioning my integrity.  And, in a very direct way, it costs me money because on two occasions I've had to change or quit a signature advertising deal while until the campaign managers take time to look into this and realize that it's some kind of personal beef that QS has with me.  In point of fact, this was QS's stated goal when he started this "beef" using his alt ACCTSeller so many months ago.  He threatened me then to get me kicked off my signature ad campaign and for a while he succeeded.  If QS were just another forum troll, this would not be an issue.  It's the fact that trusted people are putting him in a position of authority that makes this trolling a real problem.

I want to make it very clear that my negative rating on tspacepilot is absolutely not personal (despite his efforts to make it otherwise).
Thanks for showing up, QS.  It's time to put this problem behind us. 

You say it's not personal, then how do you explain the comments by your alt ACCTSeller which threatened to get me kicked off my signature ad campaign before going about your "research" looking through all my posts, finding the false and discredited accusations by TF, necro-bumping with your alt, "discovering" your necro with your main, then adding your negative feedback on multiple accounts.  Anyone who looks into can tell that it's personal.  You and your sockpuppets post history is full of threats against me and false accusations.  And why?  I've asked myself this so many times.

As far as I can tell, this all started a long time ago when you were going to escrow for a signature ad campaign and you posted a signed PGP message rather than a bitcoin signed message from the escrow address.  I posted in the thread asking for you to sign a message from the escrow address---honestly thinking it was just a simple mistake---and you basically flew off the handle and called me an idiot and accused me of posting crap.  I definitely pushed back, I didn't think I deserved to be talked to that way when i was simply trying to help.  I really thought that you would have just said "oh, here's a signed message from the escrow address, I sign so often with my PGP key that I got confused".  The last thing I thought would happen would have been a 5 month long attack on me.  Again, this is all public (unless you've gone back and edited your posts), so anyone who's intersted can see it happen.  Only a few days after I pushed back on you calling me an idiot and a spammer, I found myself under the gun from your and your alts.

The bottom line is that tspacepilot scammed someone (coin chat), and the fact that the person who ran coin chat (TF) turned out to be a scammer does not excuse the scam (even if it did, tspacepilot scammed coin chat long before it turned out that TF was a scammer).
The actual bottom line is that I never scammed anyone.  TF accused me of scamming, that is a he-said-she-said and as far as I can tell, TF's reputation speaks volumes about who is the reasonable party in that debate.  The rest of the bottom line is that you literally know nothing about that situation and what happened there.  It's really clear from your thinly disguised use of alts that you were attempting to find some kind of dirt on me.  Where you made a mistake was throwing in your lot with a known liar and a cheat.  This doesn't make you look good and it doesn't help your credibilty.  My 3 years of helpful posts on this forum with no beef with anyone (aside from you and tradefortress, nice company you're keeping there) speak volumes about what I'm up to and my ethics.  Your action as a vicious attack dog and account seller speak volumes about yours.  I'm not worried about you and your future, karma will take care of that.  I just want you to leave me alone.

If you don't believe me then I can go dig up the evidence, although I really don't see the point because whenever people start disagreeing with tspacepilot, he locks the threads to prevent further discussion about the issue (this is actually a duplicate thread, of which tspacepilot locked once others started telling him that he was wrong).
I think it would be great if you could dig up some kind of evidence.  But the problem with that is that you won't be able to do so because none exists because I never scammed coin-chat.  TF accusing me of scamming coin chat doesn't make it a fact.  If TF couldn't come up with evidence that I did so back those 3 years ago, how on earth would you have such evidence now?  None of that adds up. 

To be clear, the original thread about this topic was locked because you were doing nothing to resolve the issue.   It was simply a flame-war in which you refused to deal with the fact that you were starting a full-fledged smear campaign against me.  I locked that thread because badbear had put you on his trust list and was out of town.  I saw no evidence that you were going to be listening to reason and I felt that I needed to talk to badbear.  In fact, badbear removed you from his trust list only a week or so after returning.  I can't say that I know why he did this, but after you were removed, I saw no reason to reopen the flame-war thread.

Similarly, when TC added you, your changed your ratings to neutral so I saw no reason to deal with you.  It's only now that you've been readded that this again becomes an issue---one that I would love to have behind me (and I have to think that in your heart you wish it was behind you too, but I don't really know---this is costing your reputation a lot more than it's costing mine, I can assure you).  Therefore a thread has been reopened.  If you can find people who will argue that your smear-campaign against me is somehow useful for the forum, I'd like to hear from them.  Note: your alts/sockpuppets ACCTSeller/FunFunnyFan don't count!

I would also like to point out that I have not made any additional accusations against tspacepilot since my original accusation against him (although I did point out that he was looking for ways to farm the faucet on PD, although this was factual, and occurred after I originally found out that he scammed coin chat).

That's completely misleading and another false accusation.  First of all, you were trolling me with your alt funfunnyfan on that thread but the fact that I was asking quite honestly about what in the hell the dudes were talking about when they were talking about "faucet farming" is in no way evidence that I was looking to faucet farm.  This is a lot like saying that someone who reads a news story about a murder is looking to commit murder.  It's a great way to start a rumor and to create FUD, but it's not anything like a valid argument.  Furthermore, there is another thread if you want to talk about your many sockpuppet ratings.  You really should consolidate them because leaving sockpuppet trust-spam can get you banned, but please stay on-topic here.

I appreciate that you've finally shown up here to face the music, now it's time to listen to your peers.  Literally everyone is asking you to drop this and leave me alone.  No one believes that I "scammed" coinchat except perhaps you and perhaps tradefortress.  If you can face this fact and clear up your mess here it's really only going to help your reputation.  The longer you continue this the more damage you're doing to yourself man.

Time to listen to reason and drop the false accusations.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: