Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:01:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The inevitable is upon us...  (Read 3501 times)
Bitcoininspace (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 01:59:48 AM

... bitcoin rises to 10,000$, or dollar falls to 10k/coin, however you wanna say it Smiley

What is a thoughtful prediction of yours on when you think this day will happen? try to be exact and think of a couple reasons why you think that will be the time to make your post stand out, and at the end of it all I will make a graph of all answers with an averege estimated date.

If no reasons come to mind; you can just pass aslong as you tried and just give out an estimate date. Smiley

my guess: 4th march 2016, there is just something beautiful of the thought of it happening after the EU starts to realise what's about to happen with their united currency, the same way it flows downwards like litecoin follows bitcoin, it shall follow $, cny and ruble.
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 02:03:34 AM

... bitcoin rises to 10,000$, or dollar falls to 10k/coin, however you wanna say it Smiley

What is a thoughtful prediction of yours on when you think this day will happen? try to be exact and think of a couple reasons why you think that will be the time to make your post stand out, and at the end of it all I will make a graph of all answers with an averege estimated date.

If no reasons come to mind; you can just pass aslong as you tried and just give out an estimate date. Smiley

my guess: 4th march 2016, there is just something beautiful of the thought of it happening after the EU starts to realise what's about to happen with their united currency, the same way it flows downwards like litecoin follows bitcoin, it shall follow $, cny and ruble.

My guess would be 28th of May 2016. Reason? Just a hunch.

CoinBateman

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 02:04:44 AM

People seem to keep hoping for the currency to appreciate in value when the USD is potentially on a run that repeats the prosperity of the 1980s. That's not going to happen.

At the same time, why does BTC even need to trade significantly higher than its current price. If it wants to function as a currency, why should it be dislocated with such magnitude from other currencies?

@CoinBateman | Killer Crypto Instinct
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 02:18:08 AM

My money (or I should say BTC) is on sometime between March 2017 to September 2017.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 02:20:24 AM

the dollar amount is not important.. in the future we will base bitcoin on the international cost of bread, milk and baked beans. that way people can see true value more directly without conversion

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:16:29 AM

What is a thoughtful prediction of yours on when you think this day will happen?

My guess is never  Sad. It looks like previous ATH was the result of Karpeles' Willy Bot. Also, if it ever did get near it's ATH again I think money would bleed away into technologically superior crypto assets.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:38:59 AM

This question arises here every month or so
At least
Thing is... Huge spike in btc/usd valuation isn't sustainable nor is it desirable
Btc is better retained by the user in event that usd inflation and mass adoption conspire to make its buying power and useability optimal
What it was designed for

Cashing out for fiat defeats the purpose
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:10:29 AM

People seem to keep hoping for the currency to appreciate in value when the USD is potentially on a run that repeats the prosperity of the 1980s. That's not going to happen.

At the same time, why does BTC even need to trade significantly higher than its current price. If it wants to function as a currency, why should it be dislocated with such magnitude from other currencies?

The answer to your questions is Mass Adoption.
Most people believe that the price needs to get higher and higher to achieve mass adoption. (we have seen a big increase in users when the price was at $1200)
If Bitcoin stays at the same price it is now, it will never be mass adopted because there will not be enough coins (and value) to go around.
Don't forget that a huge number of coins is currently residing in very few wallets/addresses.
And those are the ones we know are kept in one location. There is many who keep their coins split in many smaller wallets.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:13:35 AM

the 10,000 USD/ coin seems to me like a long shot and a dream of bitcoin holders that want to become millionaires in one night.
this sort of inflation requires a mass adoption of bitcoin and falling of the current banking system which leads to people looking for a substitute. this doesn't look like happening to me in at least 10 years.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:50:37 AM

not sure, but probably this halving will not be enough for a stable 10k per coin, for a unstable value it can happen, like a peak that last 1 few hours/days

i'm more looking forward for something in between 1200 and 10k for the next halving
thebenjamincode

Activity: 490

37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:17:56 AM

well In my opinion i think when bitcoin reaches its 20 million coins distribution and ended. it will finally collapse.
why? because if there are many bitcoins that are being lost forever. there will be fewer and fewer bitcoin circulating everyday
and it will be a great impact on its value and price in the long run. but i think 2016 will be a good year for bitcoin if the distribution still hasn't ended
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:22:25 AM

i can't say when or if it is going to happen but i doubt if it happens in 2016

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Borisz

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:32:16 AM

Why do you want it to rise to 10'000$/BTC? Just to cash out on your investment and say bye? Why not just use it as it was mean to be instead of holding and hoping?

Also, I am curious what is this 10'000$/BTC hope based on? Purely that  there is no inflation?
Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:43:00 AM

My guess is a little more conservative compared to other predictions.
I don't think the government would let lose their monopoly with ease, and for a scenario as you have projected, it would take a little longer and drastic to happen.

My Guess: 24th June 2021
NorrisK
Legendary

Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:13:20 AM

Why do you want it to rise to 10'000$/BTC? Just to cash out on your investment and say bye? Why not just use it as it was mean to be instead of holding and hoping?

Also, I am curious what is this 10'000$/BTC hope based on? Purely that  there is no inflation?

What if you used BTC at that point to buy a house or a car or something else that is expensive? Would you consider that cashing out? Or just spending bitcoin at the right moment?
neoneros

Activity: 462

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 09:36:16 AM

What if you used BTC at that point to buy a house or a car or something else that is expensive? Would you consider that cashing out? Or just spending bitcoin at the right moment?

That is why we want it to rise indeed, to spend more, share the wealth. See the fruits of our investments. Being able to oshow off your new car/house/whatever and say: Bought it wiht Bitcoin! A big told you so to all the haters and non believers. 10.000 might be a bit far fetched, but the halving will cause a price rise, and the price is gradualy rising, or fiat is falling, anywhich way goes...

mallard

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:18:55 AM

Why do we need to care about the price of Bitcoin?  Huh

In the UK we don't have shops that sell things for "$1 of GBP", we have shops that sell things for £0.60.
NorrisK
Legendary

Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:10:17 AM

In the UK we don't have shops that sell things for "$1 of GBP", we have shops that sell things for £0.60.

So the thing we need is shops selling things for BTC0.002 instasted of £0.60, than we are a big step closer!
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:24:31 AM

Improbable, I'd say. The last ATH was purely manipulated by the Willy bot, so I think the price rise to $10k naturally is nearly impossible, unless people will begin to realize that bitcoin is the way to go.

Borisz

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:28:07 AM

In an ideal world yes. But then why not buy a car with bitcoins right now? Because people still hope to get rich. You think that actually this is what will happen (people spending it to buy things)? If you give someone the option to have a car or an equal amount of cash, he/she will go for the cash and spend it the way he/she likes. Although this is just my experience.

So the thing we need is shops selling things for BTC0.002 instasted of £0.60, than we are a big step closer!

This would be a large step indeed. However, I am afraid we still ave to wait for something like this about 5 years minimum to appear on a larger scale.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: