Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 04:36:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] KnC Titan ASIC Batch 1 (some dead die)  (Read 1692 times)
bigredbutton (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 02:32:01 AM

I have 1 cube left after selling the 4 other cubes. The cube for sale in this thread has 1 dead die. It usually hashes with 2 out of 4 die but occassionally a third will come online. I would consider this cube to have 2.5 of the 4 dies operational. I am entertaining offers, either PM or reply to this thread.

Buyer pays shipping. I will post some pics of the unit later this week.
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 02:56:15 AM

I can offer $200
bigredbutton (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 08:58:27 AM

I will pass on the $200. Tons of PM offers.

I will hook up the cube and post hashing pics in the next two days.

The titan does not include the controller, just 1(one) single cube and 10pin cable.

Cube is located in Washington State, USA. I will only ship internationally if the price is right.
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:05:35 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2015, 11:34:51 AM by thedreamer

So If only 2 DIES's are working most of the time, the unit hashes around 40MH/s right?

Go Big or Go Home.
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 03:50:51 AM

let me know how many dies work and i can consider upping the offer from $200
audiotopix

Activity: 686
Merit: 512

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 03:53:38 AM

Offering $400

[]
.████WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK    TWITTER   DISCORD   TELEGRAM  REDDIT  INSTAGRAM  GITHUB████
MASTERNODESSINCE
.PROOF OF STAKE  ANY AMOUNT
  OF NTRN
EARN    PIGGY
  BANK
[
]
bigredbutton (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 10:13:09 AM

Here are images of the unit hashing.

Averages around 42-48MH, with 2 die. I didn't really try to get the third online.

Current high offer via PM. Unless another offer comes in before Friday I will consider the unit sold.

bigredbutton (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 11:41:29 AM

The titan does not include the controller, just 1(one) single cube and 10pin cable.

Cube is located in Washington State, USA. I will only ship internationally if the price is right.
ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 02:58:42 PM

If the high offer is through PM you should at least list it here. I won't make an offer if I am just going to be denied because of a "private offer" which might just be your way of pretending to have an offer so that you get a higher price.
thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 02:59:52 PM

I'll offer $401 in BTC or Paypal.
 Wink

Go Big or Go Home.
audiotopix

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 03:42:57 PM

[]
.████WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK    TWITTER   DISCORD   TELEGRAM  REDDIT  INSTAGRAM  GITHUB████
MASTERNODESSINCE
  OF NTRN
EARN    PIGGY
  BANK
[
]
thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 03:52:30 PM

You tallywhacker, $403.33.

Go Big or Go Home.
thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 06:19:04 PM

Games on! $404, by the way anyone have a controller for sale? Smiley I would definitely need it unless they can run on a makeshift one.

(If I can find a controller I will keep this bid in, I am actively searching)

The controller I think is the same on all KNC neptunes and titans, just the 'computer' is a Raspberry Pi B+ on the Titan and an BeagleBone on the Neptune.
There is one for sale on egay. Might work that way. IMO not worth it for one cube though.

Go Big or Go Home.
SubversiveTech

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 06:23:27 PM

Games on! $404, by the way anyone have a controller for sale? Smiley I would definitely need it unless they can run on a makeshift one.

(If I can find a controller I will keep this bid in, I am actively searching)

The controller I think is the same on all KNC neptunes and titans, just the 'computer' is a Raspberry Pi B+ on the Titan and an BeagleBone on the Neptune.
There is one for sale on egay. Might work that way. IMO not worth it for one cube though.

I'll spare anybody the trouble, NO Raspberry Pi B+ is not a substitute for the titan controller.

Because the flat ribbon cable is slightly too large to fit between the pins. With a non-stock cable, it might work. Assuming the plastic profile surrounding the female pin connectors is thin enough.

Or you might be able to rig up a pin extension to seperate the required pins from their adjacent ones. (which get caught on the cable's plastic mold)
thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 06:53:18 PM

I'll spare anybody the trouble, NO Raspberry Pi B+ is not a substitute for the titan controller.

Because the flat ribbon cable is slightly too large to fit between the pins. With a non-stock cable, it might work. Assuming the plastic profile surrounding the female pin connectors is thin enough.

Or you might be able to rig up a pin extension to seperate the required pins from their adjacent ones. (which get caught on the cable's plastic mold)

Ahh, yes there is a pin riser/adaptor that the raspberry pie B+ uses to sit on the controller board. You can probably get that from KNC quick and cheap.
I had my raspberry pie burn out when I bought my KNC titans, went to the local computer store, bought it for $40USD and was up and running the next day.
The Beaglebone controllers don't use the small riser/adaptor that the raspberry pie B+ needs. (Which is stock on the KNC Titans)

Go Big or Go Home.
SubversiveTech

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 07:11:28 PM

Ahh, yes there is a pin riser/adaptor that the raspberry pie B+ uses to sit on the controller board. You can probably get that from KNC quick and cheap.
I had my raspberry pie burn out when I bought my KNC titans, went to the local computer store, bought it for $40USD and was up and running the next day.
The Beaglebone controllers don't use the small riser/adaptor that the raspberry pie B+ needs. (Which is stock on the KNC Titans)

I'm not sure that we're entirely on the same page. Sounds to me that you're talking about how the pie sits atop the "controller". I'll clarify myself.

https://www.adafruit.com/images/1200x900/1914-01.jpg

Notice how the pins in the back left are situated adjacent one another all down the row.

https://i.imgur.com/y07jsFK.png

Now see how there are individual sockets of pins for the grey cables. Using a stock B+ 512  those grey cables don't fit on the pins because of how close they are.

Does anybody have a method to get a titan running on a stock pi?
thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 08:08:01 PM

I'm not sure that we're entirely on the same page. Sounds to me that you're talking about how the pie sits atop the "controller". I'll clarify myself.

Notice how the pins in the back left are situated adjacent one another all down the row.

Now see how there are individual sockets of pins for the grey cables. Using a stock B+ 512  those grey cables don't fit on the pins because of how close they are.

Does anybody have a method to get a titan running on a stock pi?

Yeah and like I said, they use a Raspberry Pie Model B+ on all of them with a small riser board that I just took a picture of. Get that riser board and the controller looks exactly the same throughout the different models.

I can't attach a pic here, but maybe I can link it :

I re-read what you wrote. The gray conenctors and small ribbon cables have nothing to do with the raspb because they have mroe than enough room .
This is how they are stock so not sure where you get the idea they don't fit?

Go Big or Go Home.
SubversiveTech

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 10:06:40 PM

I re-read what you wrote. The gray conenctors and small ribbon cables have nothing to do with the raspb because they have mroe than enough room .
This is how they are stock so not sure where you get the idea they don't fit?

There's two items:

1) the 'stock' KNC Controller board

2) the 'Stock' raspberry pi b+ 512mb - in no way affiliated with KNC

What I'm saying is that you can't buy item 2 to be used in lieu of item 1.

So, if one lost their KNC board or bought this cube, they couldn't use a single out of the box raspberry pi as a controller board without the accompanying bridge and connectors from KNC.

You could connect a new pi b+ to the knc bridges but out of the box, this box:

http://icdn6.digitaltrends.com/image/raspberry-pi-2-box-1500x1000.jpg

You can't just open that up, power it on and use it as a standalone controller-board for your titans. You need the larger controller board only produced by KNC to connect it to. Unless I'm wrong; is there a way to run directly off a pi?

thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 11:07:48 PM

Ahh. I think you misread my original post. I never said the raspberry pie could replace the controller.

Go Big or Go Home.
audiotopix

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 11:29:21 PM

Your the one that upped my original offer by $1 so who is really the "tallywhacker" here?

May as well move in increments of 5 so....

offering 408.33

[]
MASTERNODESSINCE
  OF NTRN
EARN    PIGGY
  BANK
[
]
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: