Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2024, 01:19:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a bitcointalk advertisement created. Paying 0.1-0.2 BTC. 24 hours.  (Read 1367 times)
CryptoMrM (OP)

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 07:26:18 AM

This is not the way how contests work, if you have promised then choose a winner, even if you dont use. Otherwise everyone will create 100's of threads  daily and dont pick a winner unless they get extreme good, I have no entry, but when you open a contest choose a winner, or in your first post mention clearly that u will not choose winner, which u didnt, so choose a winner please :0

Please read:

Looking for someone with previous experience for a contract but also open to random entries.

Pay is between 0.1-0.2 depending on quality.

You're wrong.
riseDARK

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 07:29:38 AM

This is not the way how contests work, if you have promised then choose a winner, even if you dont use. Otherwise everyone will create 100's of threads  daily and dont pick a winner unless they get extreme good, I have no entry, but when you open a contest choose a winner, or in your first post mention clearly that u will not choose winner, which u didnt, so choose a winner please :0

Please read:

Looking for someone with previous experience for a contract but also open to random entries.

You're wrong.

You are saying that this is a contest and ending in 24 hours, pay will be 0.1-0.2 depending on quality and when you needed extreme quality then why mentioned a range in price ? plus no where you said that there maybe no winner. No revenge brother but don't waste designer's time.
michael23

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 07:33:56 AM

You are saying that this is a contest and ending in 24 hours, pay will be 0.1-0.2 depending on quality and when you needed extreme quality then why mentioned a range in price ? plus no where you said that there maybe no winner. No revenge brother but don't waste designer's time.

i agree with you, but i dont want to throw any flame here, let this one closed and just hope this not happens again in future  Smiley
cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 07:41:10 AM

i agree with you, but i dont want to throw any flame here, let this one closed and just hope this not happens again in future  Smiley

Just let him do what he want because this is not ethical. He is just hurting his own reputation or cryptoboard reputation, next time if he is going to open a contest like this again then he needs to escrow the amount. If he is not satisfied than he can just ask someone to change to match what he wants
CryptoMrM (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 07:48:19 AM

The advertisement is very clear.

Even if I had escrowed the amount, the outcome would have been the same.

I've done nothing wrong and I don't like being criticised as such.

For full disclosure I did eventually contract the work out but the person wasn't able to deliver within the timeframe (he fell asleep).
riseDARK

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 08:11:32 AM

I dont know why people create contests when they have to choose their own entry, anyways close this thread, so

1) people dont create more designs by just seeing OP.

2) signature posters dont get involved.
CryptoMrM (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 08:16:55 AM

I dont know why people create contests when they have to choose their own entry, anyways close this thread, so

It's not a contest. Where does it say it's a contest?

I was looking to HIRE someone to do the work for me. In the mean time I said I would consider random entries.

I'll keep the thread open as tbh it's all good publicity.
michael23

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 08:40:47 AM

I was looking to HIRE someone to do the work for me. In the mean time I said I would consider random entries.

when there is a competition to get some prize its called a contest no matter what, and some contest holders sometimes even gave consolation prize to participants to honor their efforts even though they not gonna use no winner design.
now if you saying you want to HIRE someone then you did a mistake from beginning. you should make it clear in your title, and you dont need to describes all those design requirements at the first place. you should only ask people portfolios, once you see someone you think fit with your preference you can tell him the design details, that would make others not wasting their times. a good example of someone looking to HIRE a designer is like this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1142898.0

and if you dont want to close this thread, at least update your OP or title so people know you no longer need other designs
riseDARK

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 08:48:16 AM

Its not a contest ? wow !

So you mean you had someone working on it but you though okay lets have some fun with people , and just opened this ? You already had someone hired then there was no need to create this thread

and please answer this ? As you said this was not a contest, than what was this thread for ?

and the worst thing I see in your reply is : I'll keep the thread open as tbh it's all good publicity.

You simply shown that this thread was a publicity stunt , I would never join such site, whose promoters open fake threads for fun , just to promote.
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1525

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 09:03:46 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2015, 09:31:54 AM by jayce

This contest a laughable thing. You have made two fake contests in last few days. If you can make the banner yourself, so you should dont wasting our time to make it. All designers here have precious time, and you was wasting it without give any appreciation. Its okay if you choose michael23 be a winner, and the others lost. Thats how contest working. Let me tell you, there is no contest without the winner. And now you said its not a contest, so why you didnt contact one of designers here to make a contract with you? I hope everyone here can look how unprofessional you are. Good luck on your unprofessional website.

PS: I think you should deserve it, michael23. Nice design Cool

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
riseDARK

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:10:22 AM

Yes I always like to fight for anyone who has worked hard like did michael23 .. truly awesome designs.
CryptoMrM (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:12:50 AM

Honestly you guys are driving me nuts.

The post was brief and asking to hire someone for a job.

There was an option to submit your work openly but this did not guarantee payment.

There was no “competition to get some prize”. Stop making things up out of thin air.

I didn’t make a mistake. My post CLEARLY says:

Looking for someone with previous experience for a contract

I can describe as much of the design requirements as I want. I wanted the person who took on the task to understand what was being asked.

"And now you said its not a contest, so why you didnt contact one of designers here to make a contract with you?"

They submitted entries and did not request for a contract.

I have also already stated that I was working with a designer who was recommended.

This is laughable.

If you don't like my job offers, don't apply for them in the future. Simple.

EDIT: I'm going offline now. I can't be bothered to carry on this petit argument.
michael23

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:27:06 AM

Honestly you guys are driving me nuts.

The post was brief and asking to hire someone for a job.

Smiley

Yes I always like to fight for anyone who has worked hard like did michael23 .. truly awesome designs.
PS: I think you should deserve it michael23. Nice design Cool

thanks I appreciated that, good luck for you guys in future  Wink
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: