Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:50:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: general  (Read 4274 times)
usagi (OP)
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 05:44:37 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2012, 04:47:29 PM by usagi

general
Atlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 05:49:23 AM

I suggest you incubate for a different time in BTC land. Maybe 2015.
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 06:20:31 AM

I say close up shop, I cant get advertisers to payout that I post ads for with 10k views or more in a week. Its not surprising I guess that the only way to make money on bitcoins now is to generate your own. Too many people are ok with just closing up shop and screwing people invested in their services and walking away.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Factory

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 06:29:00 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2012, 02:26:54 PM by Factory

So here we are. CPA is stable.

In what world?

CPA has lost about 40% of it's value. And when I say 40% I mean, at a minimum. There is another problem on the horizon which is extremely troubling.

CPA has, by definition, been very unstable.

Do you think an insurance company is needed in Bitcoin-land? We made good money while it lasted but I'm not really willing to keep doing this if no one appreciates what we are doing.

Insurance is going to be something people will always seek to protect themselves. But bitcoin securities have little transparency and accountability. Even a group of highly skilled individuals would have difficulty successfully modeling insurance contracts. Through your actions and your posts you have demonstrated you have a very poor understanding of business management and finance. How could someone with such limited knowledge think they could succeed in a deeply complex venture such as forming and insurance company in a wild West market? Foolish.

We paid over 1,000 bitcoins to one guy, 250 to another, we paid over 2,500 bitcoins to cover YARR, and so forth. We paid out significant sums on options contracts, on hardware and power outages to mining companies, and so on and so forth.

Paying out on contracts illustrates your honesty in regards to meeting those obligations. However, these massive losses also show that you are extremely talented at making CPA hemorrhage capital.

We made good money while it lasted but I'm not really willing to keep doing this if no one appreciates what we are doing.

current price CPA can be sold at = .038
Dividends paid since IPO = .00569688
IPO Price= .10

Return on Investment since IPO price = -5630312%.

When you say "We made good money" do you mean you? It surely wasn't your shareholders.

Should CPA close down operations and buy back shares / make a final dividend payment?

Yes. Liquidate and pay the proceeds to creditors and then shareholders before you destroy any more shareholder value.

For once stop blaming the community and take some personal responsibility. Don't blame other companies and individuals; blame yourself for investing in them and involving CPA with them.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2012, 06:38:15 AM

"We made good money"

What a fucking joke.

I would like to know who "we" is as it certainly wasnt the shareholders who lost 40%.

So, how much of CPA profits were embezzled because I sure dont see anything in the contract that says you could hold back any profits from shareholders. They own the company not you and it appears it was a massive slush fund all along.

If you didnt pay out all those profits to shareholders  where are they ?

Factory

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 06:42:00 AM

faulty reasoning.

Logic and basic math.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2012, 06:47:45 AM

"We made good money"

What a fucking joke.

I would like to know who "we" is as it certainly wasnt the shareholders who lost 40%.

So, how much of CPA profits were embezzled because I sure dont see anything in the contract that says you could hold back any profits from shareholders. They own the company not you and it appears it was a massive slush fund all along.

If you didnt pay out all those profits to shareholders  where are they ?

Lol yeah fuck you too. We made money on premiums and we made money on YARR. I've explained about 20 fucking times how a $599 single which was worth 120 bitcoins spot-price 4 months ago is now worth 50 bitcoins. In short you're fucking dumb bro. Really fucking dumb. It's people like you that are the reason why I am probably going to close this down. Oh don't worry, people will be paid NAV price. Unless you are so fucking stupid as to think I am going to be able to sell singles for $1299 just to buy the bitcoins they were worth 4 months ago. You have terminal brain cancer. EVERYTHING lost money. Everything. Unfortunate for you. Let's see now, 0.1 * 5 / 12 = 0.04166. About the value of CPA today minus a bit which we lost from hashking, imsaguy, gamma and others losing 20% etc. I'd say we did pretty well. So yeah, what a fucking joke this community is that expects 2% interest per week and whines all day about legit companies being scams.

Don't worry, you will get your money. And when all is said and done, a big fuck you to everyone who said I was a scam.

You said in the OP "you made money".

If the shareholders didnt make a profit then why did you?

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2012, 07:03:37 AM

I might be dumb but what kind of idiot "insures" ponzi schemes ?

Kiss

pyrkne

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 08:14:39 AM

This is making OBSI look legit.

As an owner of multiple of your securities, let me say that your attitude on this forum is doing no one any favors.

It's headaches all around, basically.
salty

Activity: 562
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 08:23:43 AM

Should CPA close down operations and buy back shares / make a final dividend payment?

Yes.
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 08:34:15 AM

Not just that but it's been one shitstorm after another with companies defaulting left right and center.

Quote from: usagi
Quote from: cunicula on June 06, 2012, 03:17:51 PM
***ignored***

You're right -- there is no obvious way for us to diversify our risk here -- to you. That doesn't mean we're a scam, it just means you don't understand how this works.

Thanks for ignoring me. It is pleasureful to watch you go down. I shouldn't have tried to interfere with natural selection.
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 08:37:54 AM

I thought OBSI and CPA were run by the same guy?
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 08:53:00 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2012, 09:07:26 AM by Puppet

You can not pay your shareholders a satoshi before you settled with  your creditors and customers who paid insurance fees and have unpaid claims.  CPA is almost certainly bankrupt, who would have seen that coming, a business based on insuring ponzi's and scams; tough luck for your shareholders.
If you are going to close shop your creditors and insured customers will be first in line, shareholders are last. Of course with your obscure CPA bookkeeping no one will know for sure how much you put in your own pocket or diverted to your other companies.
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2012, 09:23:22 AM

Now Goat's off GLBSE and we're fucked because we had TYGRR A.

Now FPGAMINING has gone from .9 to .45 and we're fucked because our total exposure (CPA/BMF/NYAN) was 600 odd shares.

Again and again. Feedzebirds. BDT. Rebate. other funds losing x y and z.

NYAN will likely have to be shut down because everything on GLBSE is crashing.

I don't want to rock the boat too much, as I'm still sitting in it with LTC-MINING and my personal investments.  But Nefario's handling of the Goat situation has been really frustrating.  People are tripping over themselves to get off GLBSE.   Sad

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2012, 11:01:14 AM

Now Goat's off GLBSE and we're fucked because we had TYGRR A.

Now FPGAMINING has gone from .9 to .45 and we're fucked because our total exposure (CPA/BMF/NYAN) was 600 odd shares.

Again and again. Feedzebirds. BDT. Rebate. other funds losing x y and z.

NYAN will likely have to be shut down because everything on GLBSE is crashing.

I don't want to rock the boat too much, as I'm still sitting in it with LTC-MINING and my personal investments.  But Nefario's handling of the Goat situation has been really frustrating.  People are tripping over themselves to get off GLBSE.   Sad

Its more difficult if you rely on other companies for dividends and everything ends up scamming you.  Sad

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 11:35:10 AM

What is all the fuss about? Seriously, seems like a few trolls wanted to ruin usagi.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 12:51:09 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2012, 03:03:02 PM by MPOE-PR

The point is tho that I tried. The plan was, we would expose ourself to a reasonable but not overbearing sum of pirate default risk (say, 1000 bitcoins) and then when pirate blew up as everyone knew it would, we would be the heroes and pay out.

And pay we did. We paid over 1,000 bitcoins to one guy, 250 to another, we paid over 2,500 bitcoins to cover YARR, and so forth. We paid out significant sums on options contracts, on hardware and power outages to mining companies, and so on and so forth. Yes, we made some money too. It wasn't all loss. Don't forget, we made money on the premiums too. But that's not the point.

As it turned out, it was the general community that failed CPA. People on the board didn't even want their name associated as members.

The problem would be that you've taken in what looks like 20k BTC capital, have paid out ~1k in dividends, ~2k in claims to outsiders and have maybe 10k worth of assets left (could as well be 5k, who knows in a 10 BTC depth "market" such as the Global Scam Exchange).

So now, you've spent 10% of your take in buying credibility as you yourself admit, and that leaves a hole of about 5 to 10k BTC to be shouldered by the community. The community is predictably not happy about this, which you call "it failing CPA". Yes, the community "has failed" some braindamaged scheme which only makes sense if the community were to agree with your own regard of yourself.

As the community pretty much thinks you're dirt, it's obviously not very happy to have poured 60 to 120,000 USD into dirt. Is this really a surprise?

Make people money, they'll like you. Lose their capital, they'll dislike you. Socialite or no socialite, them's the breaks.

You have terminal brain cancer. EVERYTHING lost money. Everything. Unfortunate for you.

In this 4 month interval S.MPOE went from ~10k satoshi a share to ~40k satoshi a share (+300%) and paid out in dividends 76.60729808 + 792.34834548 + 534.33526152 + 619.51519201 + 2,142.90254425 + 293.32991135 = 4,459.03855269 BTC. That's about on the level of the capital you lost.

In the same 4 month interval S.BVPS went from ~220k satoshi a share to ~360k satoshi a share (+50%) and paid 32.165 + 20.165 + 55.55333216 + 35 = 142.88333216 BTC in dividends.

The list goes on and on. Smarten up, you're not yet ready to play the investor with OPM.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2012, 01:55:43 PM

And pay we did. We paid over 1,000 bitcoins to one guy, 250 to another, we paid over 2,500 bitcoins to cover YARR, and so forth. We paid out significant sums on options contracts, on hardware and power outages to mining companies, and so on and so forth. Yes, we made some money too. It wasn't all loss. Don't forget, we made money on the premiums too. But that's not the point.

As it turned out, it was the general community that failed CPA. People on the board didn't even want their name associated as members.

The problem would be that you've taken in what looks like 20k BTC capital, have paid out ~1k in dividends, ~2k in claims to outsiders and have maybe 10k worth of assets left (could as well be 5k, who knows in a 10 BTC depth "market" such as the Global Scam Exchange).

So now, you've spent 10% of your take in buying credibility as you yourself admit, and that leaves a hole of about 5 to 10k BTC to be shouldered by the community. The community is predictably not happy about this, which you call "it failing CPA". Yes, the community "has failed" some braindamaged scheme which only makes sense if the community were to agree with your own regard of yourself.

As the community pretty much thinks you're dirt, it's obviously not very happy to have poured 60 to 120,000 USD into dirt. Is this really a surprise?

Make people money, they'll like you. Lose their capital, they'll dislike you. Socialite or no socialite, them's the breaks.

You have terminal brain cancer. EVERYTHING lost money. Everything. Unfortunate for you.

In this 4 month interval S.MPOE went from ~10k satoshi a share to ~40k satoshi a share (+300%) and paid out in dividends 76.60729808 + 792.34834548 + 534.33526152 + 619.51519201 + 2,142.90254425 + 293.32991135 = 4,459.03855269 BTC. That's about on the level of the capital you lost.

In the same 4 month interval S.BVPS went from ~220k satoshi a share to ~360k satoshi a share (+50%) and paid 32.165 + 20.165 + 55.55333216 + 35 = 142.88333216 BTC in dividends.

The list goes on and on. Smarten up, you're not yet ready to play the investor with OPM.

If you bought the MPOE passthrough on glbse last month you would have gone from 1.5 to .3 

By your reasoning this is also a scam.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2012, 01:59:44 PM

Here is the other passthrough - to BitVPS

guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 02:01:01 PM

Yes, CPA should close.

While I'm sure you regard me as one of the "trolls," I'm also quite sure that your blame of the community for all CPA's ills is ludicrous. There's a reason I never invested in CPA in the first place - I had no confidence in your ability to run such a company. There were then, and more so now, too many red flags about your behavior to trust you. Your behaviour suggests you're either incompetent, or running a scam (or both?) Now that you're hysterical over people trolling your threads with financial facts, you're closing up shop? hmmmmm.

If there's anything left of CPA it should be liquidated and distributed to creditors and shareholders. Perhaps then you might be able to focus on one of your other ventures, and salvage something out of this.

You've blamed the market - but you're only in one "market" - you've ignored most of the trading volume in bitcoin related securities. Not only was I able to make money on GLBSE in a down market, but the value I had in securities on other markets was not affected by the Ponzi shitstorm on GLBSE (which is largely centered around usagi and pirate) You clearly do not seem to be actively pursuing all avenues to protect, and, god forbid, increase shareholder value. Trolling here and IRC doesn't do shit to increase it. Being a socialite doesn't do shit to increase it. Investing in companies that A) aren't also owned by you B) aren't invested in the same crap you are and C) actually make money actually can increase shareholder value. But that's in really short supply on GLBSE. And, after GLBSE has come unraveled (thanks in no small part to you) there really won't be anything to invest in there for a long time to come. Frankly, it's my opinion that you're a ponzi operator, using a multiheaded scheme, and acquiring new capital by acquiring other companies and funds at this point so that it's not obvious that payouts come from new investment. The Central Ponzi Authority. Mind you - I'm not trolling you. You may not be doing this intentionally, and may not be operating a scam. But, truly, many ponzi schemes do not start as scams. But, you also do match most of the criteria for a likely ponzi scheme. (for example, I don't care if you've IDed to nefario, I don't trust him...I want to know who you are before I can invest in your operation....not trolling, just the way it is....your refusal to do this is but one red flag, and there are several)

Perhaps if you spent more time making money, and less time fucking off worrying about "trolls" on IRC & this forum, you'd not be closing shop. Perhaps, if you stopped regarding everyone as trolls, you'd answer questions reasonably, and provide the confidence in your companies that is sorely lacking. Instead, you rant and rave, and accuse people of being scammers. (usually a sign of what's going on inside of the ranting person, fwiw) How did that whole escapade bolster your shareholders' value? Oh. It didn't. It may have saved some people's money from your lovely USD based lol-accounting that suggests that a 40% BTC loss = a profit in USD)

For the sake of your shareholders, you should probably close it down. Now. (NYAN, too)

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: