Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 09:01:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UK banks' innovation render bitcoin pointless (?)  (Read 2128 times)
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:40:30 AM

Here we go again. I should start hunting people and stapling this to their face.
One of the fundamental ideas of Bitcoin is the separation of state and money; i.e. this means that if you want to get out of the current corrupted financial system, then Bitcoin is your way out.

Try moving that same money from China to the US to see just how instant that process is. Bitcoin is the sole reason for which they are going to try and implement such services. They are afraid that it will ruin them (i.e. we're in that phase now).
Basically the government is still going to track what you're doing with your money and has the right to take it (see Cyprus and Greece) as they please.

Please provide us with the links to these 'recent apps', so that I can do a close inspection.

I for one will participate in crowdfunding LaudaM a stapler.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
Hopalong

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:57:33 AM

"give a homeless man a bank application form. and he will starve waiting... give the man a QR code and he can instantly earn a living"

There's your mistake...

You can't get an application form that easily in most banks in the UK anymore. You have to have an scheduled 'interview' where they'll give you the application pack. But as a homeless man, they'll ask first if he has an address, if he says no, they'll not even give the scheduled 'interview'.

You have to have an 'interview' for the 'privilege' of giving them your money.

So backward.

Seems weird that you have to meet anyone. I have never been into my bank. Never talked to anyone in the bank. Just loged in and set up the accounts i wanted.

To set up the accounts you want, you must have had to have one of two things:

1. You already had an account with the bank already, so you could just set up a new account.

or,

2. You gave proof of ID and address.

But if you are just a 'walk-in' looking to speak to a human, then it's 'interview' time... and not at that moment, but when it suits them a few days ahead.

Getting a renewal of a UK passport they also refer to as an 'interview'. An interview where you should feel grateful for receiving your basic human rights, i.e right of travel.

It never used to be this way. Only getting worse.

Must be some special UK rules then. Or you dont try hard enough...

I never been in to the bank i use now and not the previous either. The bank before that i started to use before internet so i had to meet up in person. Giving them an adress is okay since i have reported to the goverment that i live 1000 miles away from where i actually live. Sending mail to me is useless. If they need me i have provided a email adress...

Dire

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 11:43:35 AM

Some special rules?

So you're telling me you opened an account without ID or proof of address? Right? Show me that bank man, show me their website that says 'open your account with your pick-up truck keys', or whatever.

Because if you can show me that, I'll open an account with them myself right now.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 04:06:10 PM

Some special rules?

So you're telling me you opened an account without ID or proof of address? Right? Show me that bank man, show me their website that says 'open your account with your pick-up truck keys', or whatever.

Because if you can show me that, I'll open an account with them myself right now.

Here you go. Enjoy your new account.

http://www.firstsecuritybanksolutions.com/offshore-bank-account-details.htm

https://www.privacyworld.com/5mastercard.html

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: