Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:16:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama Was Impressed By Lion-Killing  (Read 1126 times)
redandblack (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:36:56 AM

President Obama was really impressed by lion-killing years before his administration started investigating the killing of Cecil the Lion.

Obama, whose administration is assisting the Zimbabwean government in an investigation into Cecil’s killing by Minnesota dentist Walter Palmer, didn’t used to have a problem with lion-killing, according to his 1995 book “Dreams From My Father.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/01/obama-once-was-impressed-by-lion-killing/#ixzz3hqTMinck

How rich is this? Obama wrote about a lion killing in his book. How funny. I hope this makes mainstream news. Of course it won't hurt his image, but it's ironic anyway.
bukceline

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:40:25 AM

Must be extra slow on the news today.
peterson33

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:41:52 AM

How rich is this? Obama wrote about a lion killing in his book. How funny. I hope this makes mainstream news. Of course it won't hurt his image, but it's ironic anyway.

he evolved

In case you haven't noticed, Democrats are allowed to do that while Republicans must hold the same position they held 50 years ago
Harriss

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:43:28 AM

President Obama was really impressed by lion-killing years before his administration started investigating the killing of Cecil the Lion.

Obama, whose administration is assisting the Zimbabwean government in an investigation into Cecil’s killing by Minnesota dentist Walter Palmer, didn’t used to have a problem with lion-killing, according to his 1995 book “Dreams From My Father.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/01/obama-once-was-impressed-by-lion-killing/#ixzz3hqTMinck

Of course, Obama was talking about a tribal tradition of killing lions with spears while you are talking about a bored Dentist killing a half-tame park lion with modern weapons.

I've hunted all my life, and poachers like this jack-o** (*)(*)(*)(*) me off to no end.

We now return you to your Obamaphobia frenzy.
abasin

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:44:37 AM

It's like being pro-life, pro-war, pro death penalty all at the same time.
Nora12322

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:45:40 AM

I think this is the first time I've heard one of Obama's books referenced since he first got elected.
rio3232

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:46:34 AM

Of course, Obama was talking about a tribal tradition of killing lions with spears while you are talking about a bored Dentist killing a half-tame park lion with modern weapons.

I've hunted all my life, and poachers like this jack-o** (*)(*)(*)(*) me off to no end.

I wonder if any of that mattered to the lion.
Congtyn

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:48:07 AM

I wonder if any of that mattered to the lion.

Depends.. does the Tribal killing take 40 hours after the creature is first wounded? I doubt it.
redandblack (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:49:41 AM

Moral relevancy. Those honorable tribesmen proving their manhood is much better. Never mind the pain and suffering of the lion being stabbed a few dozen times.
redandblack (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:50:39 AM

I think this is the first time I've heard one of Obama's books referenced since he first got elected.
Never watched a Dinesh D'Souza film?

I should've known the racial superiority of this advanced culture would be enough to give Obama a pass.
godlyitems

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:52:49 AM

Depends.. does the Tribal killing take 40 hours after the creature is first wounded? I doubt it.

You're kidding me, right? A hand thrown spear hits a vital organ every time? No. What about when the animal gets hit in the leg and hoofs it for as long as he can, which could be days? I'm not defending this dentist, but don't tell me that every animal hunted by a tribesman dies quickly.
rio3232

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:54:28 AM

Depends on whether ir not a spear is thrown more accurately than an arrow is shot. Do all tribesman make a 100% immediate killshot?
The answer is no.
KriszDev

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:56:45 AM

With a spear or with a crossbow or gun, the lion is still dead, isn't he? So Obama likes tribal lion killings?
KriszDev

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:57:44 AM

Obama Was Impressed By Lion-Killing
By Patrick Howley | August 1, 2015

President Obama was really impressed by lion-killing years before his administration started investigating the killing of Cecil the Lion. Obama, whose administration is assisting the Zimbabwean government in an investigation into Cecil’s killing by Minnesota dentist Walter Palmer, didn’t used to have a problem with lion-killing, according to his 1995 book “Dreams From My Father.” Obama detailed his conversation with Masai guardsmen protecting him during a visit to Kenya. Obama explained that the guardsmen “had each killed a lion to prove their manhood.” The guardsmen engaged in illegal lion-hunting…

For the record, here is the passage in question from ‘Dreams,’ page 192:

"At night, after dinner, we spoke further with our Masai guardsmen. Wilson told us that both he and his friend had recently been moran, members of the bachelor class of young warriors who were at the center of the Masai legend. They had each killed a lion to prove their manhood, had participated in numerous cattle raids. But now there were no wars, and even cattle raids had become complicated -only last year, another friend had been shot by a Kikuyu rancher.

Wilson had finally decided that being a moran was a waste of time. He had gone to Nairobi in search of work, but he had little schooling and had ended up as a security guard at a bank. The boredom drove him crazy, and eventually he had returned to the valley to marry and tend to his cattle. Recently one of the cattle had been killed by a lion, and although it was illegal now, he and four others had hunted the lion into the preserve.

“How do you kill a lion?” I asked. “Five men surround it and throw their spears,” Wilson said. “The lion will choose one man to pounce. That man, he curls under his shield while the other four finish the job.” “It sounds dangerous,” I said stupidly. Wilson shrugged. “Usually there are only scratches. But sometimes only four will come back.” The man didn’t sound like he was boasting-more like a mechanic trying to explain a difficult repair…"

In fact, earlier in ‘Dreams’ (page 42), Obama also wrote about how proud he was when his father came to his elementary school school in Hawaii. His father also spoke to his class about killing lions:

“We have a special treat for you today,” Miss Hefty began. “Barry Obama’s father is here, and he’s come all the way from Kenya, in Africa, to tell us about his country.” The other kids looked at me as my father stood up… He spoke of the wild animals that still roamed the plains, the tribes that still required a young boy to kill a lion to prove his manhood…

And he told us of Kenya’s struggle to be free, how the British had wanted to stay and unjustly rule the people, just as they had in America; how many had been enslaved only because of the color of their skin, just as they had in America…

Your messiah has said it is ok to kill a lion. So don't worry...
Nora12322

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:59:18 AM

I should've known the racial superiority of this advanced culture would be enough to give Obama a pass.

Putting aside the fact that someone decided to just randomly take a quote from a book they have no interest in reading just to try and stretch for an argument......where are they going with this?
tiffany8

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:00:18 PM

I could be wrong but I believe that Walter Palmer is a bow hunter.

Cecil the man eating kitty cat was killed by an arrow shot from a compound bow., not a rifle.
redandblack (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:01:13 PM

Putting aside the fact that someone decided to just randomly take a quote from a book they have no interest in reading just to try and stretch for an argument......where are they going with this?

It's ironic. That is all. The Obama administration offered to help in the investigation of the killing of Simba, obviously for political reasons.
albalinux

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:01:57 PM

Wow. WTF does Obama's admiration for Masai tribesmen PROTECTING their families livelihoods (cattle herds) have to do with a scumbag poacher?
Well into the 20th century, the Masai version of "bar mitzvah" was to go out into the veldt solo and kill a lion or don't come back.
Kenchaa

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:02:49 PM

This might actually mean something if Obama had ever denounced the killing of Cecil the Lion.
engwell

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:03:46 PM

Never watched a Dinesh D'Souza film?

Obama could have crushed a bucket of babies and his supporters would still get a tingle and support.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: