Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:01:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading Survey Research.  (Read 661 times)
stockmomo (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 02:01:34 PM

Hi,

I am currently putting a business plan together with the intention of introducing a new trading service.  As part of that business plan I am doing some research to find out if there is any interest in the trading service.  The reason for posting on these Bitcoin message boards is that many traders trade multiple asset classes.  The trading service is a stocks alert/notification service for mobile phones, but may be expanded to include Bitcoin.

The survey will only take 2 minutes to complete.  There are a maximum of 100 survey responses and as a thank you one of those 100 will chosen at random and given 0.2BTC in one months time, announced as a reply to this post.  Please leave your Bitcoin address or email address at the end of the survey.  I can only pay to a Bitcoin address.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HBVKZDH

Thank you for your help.  Any feedback is welcome.

Regards

Tim
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 09:32:53 AM

Interesting survey, good luck in your project and keep us updated

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:36:15 AM

Thanks for completing this survey.
i hope that can help you Wink

1NTmtB7z2MtLymr1tRAitvSf8zDxDtkGBD
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:41:22 AM

Completed the survey. Sounds like an interesting trading service, but you may need to find a sweet spot for the price.

Good luck with putting the business together.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:46:01 AM

May you change the payouts to 0.002 BTC each? That is also 0.2/100 responses.
BTW I'm not sure if this suits in the 'Bitcoin Discussion' board. I'll check which board it suits in, and edit this to tell it.

Edit: Seems like the 'Service' board (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=52.0) is where it should be.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
joust

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:49:44 AM

Yes, 0.002 for all participants seems more fair, or 99 people would do it for free and only 1 get paid.

Kaneki

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 11:00:02 AM

good project, if you want to attract people's interest to participate in the survey prize 0.02 to one person may not be the right thing at the prize should be minimized but distributed to several dozen people.
stockmomo (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:46:55 AM

Thanks to all for replying and/or filling out the survey.  I have had 10 responses so far.  The reason I asked to put your Bitcoin address in the survey was to associate the survey with the address.  But if you've forgotten, please put something in a post so that I can relate the address to the survey. 

I could pay a hundredth of 0.2BTC to each of the 100 respondents or have a second or third prize, but I'm sure the Blockchain gods would hate me for paying out so many small amounts.  I figured stocks and Bitcoin are subject to speculation so a winner takes all was kinda fitting.  The administration of paying to a 100 bitcoin addresses would be fun too.  Smiley And I wasn't sure how many responses I'd get. 

The prize is real.  Not a lot but ok.  I will reply to my own post with the winning address on Sep 3, 2015, which is a month from my first post.  If the winner can say they got the Bitcoin that would be great.  Just so I know the payment didn't go into the ether.

Thanks again.
el kaka22
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:01:44 PM

I could pay a hundredth of 0.2BTC to each of the 100 respondents or have a second or third prize, but I'm sure the Blockchain gods would hate me for paying out so many small amounts.  I figured stocks and Bitcoin are subject to speculation so a winner takes all was kinda fitting.  The administration of paying to a 100 bitcoin addresses would be fun too.  Smiley And I wasn't sure how many responses I'd get. 
I think that paying 0.002BTC (~0.56 USD) to 100 addresses won't be marked as spam transaction. Transactions from faucets (like this, which is a payout from moonbit.co.in), have much more outputs than 100, and amount far less than 2mBTC. The only more you need to pay is tx fee (0.0001 per KB is OK, we aren't in spam attack now).

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
stockmomo (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 09:02:50 AM

I think that paying 0.002BTC (~0.56 USD) to 100 addresses won't be marked as spam transaction. Transactions from faucets (like this, which is a payout from moonbit.co.in), have much more outputs than 100, and amount far less than 2mBTC. The only more you need to pay is tx fee (0.0001 per KB is OK, we aren't in spam attack now).

Ok.  Thanks.  Smiley I wasn't sure how 100 transactions would be classed.  I had read that the credit card companies can handle 2000 transactions a second whereas Bitcoin handles 7 transactions a second at the moment.  So I'd take up the system for a whole 14 seconds.  But if other companies are doing it that's great.  I was also kinda concerned about transaction fees.  It's like penny stocks.  The ratio of the spread to a penny stock's price is massive compared to that of higher priced stocks.
el kaka22
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 09:04:28 AM

Ok.  Thanks.  Smiley I wasn't sure how 100 transactions would be classed.  I had read that the credit card companies can handle 2000 transactions a second whereas Bitcoin handles 7 transactions a second at the moment.  So I'd take up the system for a whole 14 seconds.  But if other companies are doing it that's great.  I was also kinda concerned about transaction fees.  It's like penny stocks.  The ratio of the spread to a penny stock's price is massive compared to that of higher priced stocks.
No. You no need to make 100 txs to pay 100 people. Just create 1 tx with 100 outputs (101 counting your change) and it's OK.

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
stockmomo (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 12:51:07 PM

Thank you to all those who filled out the survey.  Below is the winning bitcoin address and I just sent 0.2BTC to that address.  The owner filled out the survey on 14 Aug 2015:

1Lhiyu28bEFiDMtmoKzadCxN6SQ6PD5g9a

The survey was completed by 28 people and 16 people left their bitcoin or email address.  The winner was chosen at random using a python script to grab the addresses using this regular expression, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1026.0, and then using random.choice() to select the winning bitcoin address.

The results of the survey were that most respondents (90%) wouldn't pay the subscription price of the service.  Among the reasons for the responses were that it was too expensive, the service can be found elsewhere and the respondents don't trade daily.

I'm going to have to rethink the service and how to target the traders who would use this service.

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: