Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:06:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain "Authorization required . Please check your e-mail ."  (Read 3679 times)
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 09:38:11 PM

the problem you are describing is a good feature of blockchain.info and is called 2 factor authentication
if you are afraid of your email provider move to some popular and more reliable ones like gmail and dont forget to set a strong password for your email.
also email is not the only option you have, you can choose SMS and receive the 2fa code via your cell phone instead of email

2FA over email and/or SMS isn't as secure as it could be. In the case of email, it's not really two-factor (knowledge and possession), but two of the same factor (knowledge). SMS isn't necessarily secure in all cases. Use an OTP token such as Google Authenticator, Authy, or a Yubikey.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 11:41:13 AM

the problem you are describing is a good feature of blockchain.info and is called 2 factor authentication
if you are afraid of your email provider move to some popular and more reliable ones like gmail and dont forget to set a strong password for your email.
also email is not the only option you have, you can choose SMS and receive the 2fa code via your cell phone instead of email

2FA over email and/or SMS isn't as secure as it could be. In the case of email, it's not really two-factor (knowledge and possession), but two of the same factor (knowledge). SMS isn't necessarily secure in all cases. Use an OTP token such as Google Authenticator, Authy, or a Yubikey.

i can see what you mean about Email not being that safe and i forgot about the Google Authenticator,...
but what about SMS, why do you think it is not secure in all cases? unless my phone is stolen it is as safe as it can be.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 08:09:08 PM

i can see what you mean about Email not being that safe and i forgot about the Google Authenticator,...
but what about SMS, why do you think it is not secure in all cases? unless my phone is stolen it is as safe as it can be.

No, there are possible attacks on cellular encryption. Additionally, it creates useless reliance on multiple third parties. I would just use Authenticator, for this reason and others, including the fact that outages or loss of service/contract loses.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: