Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:46:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Bitcoin could bring about world peace?  (Read 3595 times)
flock123

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:46:33 PM

depending on how you use it
if it's with good intentions, maybe it could happen  Smiley
TinEye

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

No bitcoin will not bring peace to the world. Money is one of the reason why many wars and battles start. Bitcoin is make to take place money. So it is like money.

but the difference is that bitcoin is a global currency so in theory it should unify the world and destroy the differences, also it can work as a good way for poor countries, if they adopt it as their main currency, because they can take advantage of its high price thanks to other country and be healthy again, i think it could bring a transitory peace if this happen

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 04:25:52 PM

World peace will never arrive as long as one can make profit out of it. So as long as a monetary system exists, be it fiat, gold or Bitcoin, wars will exist. World peace is impossible unless the society is advanced enough to not need any monetary system to begin with.
s1ng
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 04:40:03 PM

Bitcoin just like another currency that can be use as investation or purchasing something.
As long as currency exist, there will be no peace ( Ex : Greece Crisis )
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 04:46:45 PM

No bitcoin will not bring peace to the world. Money is one of the reason why many wars and battles start. Bitcoin is make to take place money. So it is like money.

but the difference is that bitcoin is a global currency so in theory it should unify the world and destroy the differences, also it can work as a good way for poor countries, if they adopt it as their main currency, because they can take advantage of its high price thanks to other country and be healthy again, i think it could bring a transitory peace if this happen
No one cant guarantee us if bitcoin change fiat, it can make this world be healthier. If bitcoin is adopted as main currency, the scamming, war, robbing, corruption, bribing, etc still happen, because bitcoin is a currency. People will do anything to get it, no matter what the effect he will give is for his surroundings.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 04:53:20 PM

No one cant guarantee us if bitcoin change fiat, it can make this world be healthier. If bitcoin is adopted as main currency, the scamming, war, robbing, corruption, bribing, etc still happen, because bitcoin is a currency. People will do anything to get it, no matter what the effect he will give is for his surroundings.

True, but at least illegally founded wars will be more difficult if the goverment is forced to show their public money movements over the blockchain, but because of this I doubt they will want to accept BTC as the official currency, because it would show their scams too much.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:00:51 PM

Bitcoin can never replace fiat, as the government would not support bitcoins and they would really won't happen it possible that any crypto replaces their printed currency on which they have total control, and talking about the world peace, history says that where there is money involved in anything it has only entertained the fights, wars etc. so even bitcoins will do the same.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:19:49 PM

Bitcoin can never replace fiat, as the government would not support bitcoins and they would really won't happen it possible that any crypto replaces their printed currency on which they have total control, and talking about the world peace, history says that where there is money involved in anything it has only entertained the fights, wars etc. so even bitcoins will do the same.

I partly agree with you but I think that virtual money will be our future soon, but this will be virtual money created or under strict control of some government agency.
Bitcoin will always be alternative currency but never fully accepted by the authorities.
Money itself is not good or bad, by people decides if they will use money for good or bad purpose.
So, only we, people, can create peace, no money, technology, bitcoin etc.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Jushe

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:39:26 AM

To me, if gold didn't bring world peace, then neither will bitcoin. Although world peace would be nice.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:42:09 AM

bitcoin could certainly be a part of world peace and maybe even contribute to world peace but bitcoin alone couldn't do it.  World peace will take severe ideological changes and more trust in the younger generation from the older generation.  I firmly believe that we are progressing towards a more peaceful world as it is.  I think we are witnessing the death throws of violent culture.  ISIS is a good example of last ditch efforts to rule by violence but they will not succeed in the long run.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 10:45:30 AM

To me, if gold didn't bring world peace, then neither will bitcoin. Although world peace would be nice.

Right, Whenever we talk about money there are many things associated with, like fights, jealousy, family members are fighting with each other for the sake of the property, and bitcoins is also money so same would go with bitcoins in future, People will fight for bitcoins and no currency can bring world peace for sure, world peace can be done by mutual understanding of individuals.
tonycamp

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 10:49:33 AM

there's nothing peaceful on getting money just the factor that money put us less nervous and so on but peace its just for the most big sharks of the BTC  gather they have for common guy its the battle of survivor for just 1BTC

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● REGISTER NOW and GET 1000 DOGE for FREE!  >>
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 10:51:29 AM

it can't legitimately bring peace because it makes no sense to world peace.
at least we would have the economic freedom.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
Kaneki

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 10:59:23 AM

to become world peace seems too far, but indirectly it could possibly help make it happen.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 11:41:19 AM

No it can't. Because there are several reasons why war takes place. Often it is because of different religions, political views or events which had happened in the past between two or more parties.
Bitcoin even will not be able to stop poverty in the world. But it can help to reduce the exploitation from the incumbent financial institutions.
Fat Ronaldo

Activity: 64

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 11:44:57 AM

I don't see how world peace would ever be achieved so I certainly don't think bitcoin will achieve that, but it certainly has potential to liberate a lot of people from economic slavery or at least save them a lot of money that otherwise would go to banks and extortionate payment processors.
TibanneCat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BTC > etc

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 12:21:33 PM

Yeah it will also cure cancer  Roll Eyes

As long as there are humans, there will be greed.
As long as there is greed, there will be wars.
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 12:59:54 PM

No it can't. Because there are several reasons why war takes place. Often it is because of different religions, political views or events which had happened in the past between two or more parties.
Bitcoin even will not be able to stop poverty in the world. But it can help to reduce the exploitation from the incumbent financial institutions.

my question, how does it work (bitcoin) can help to reduce the exploitation from the incumbent financial institutions.?
thx
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:54:30 PM

Yeah it will also cure cancer  Roll Eyes

As long as there are humans, there will be greed.
As long as there is greed, there will be wars.
Yeah thats a good point.
There is still a bad thing beside the goods, so if there is a thing that could bring peace, then a opposite thing will be appear to make war. We can say bitcoin is the good thing, and human is the bad one.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
zero01

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:03:37 PM

Well I think bitcoin can make peace in the world, however, is the currency bitcoin, we can help someone with the money we have  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: