Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:16:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A safe haven  (Read 352 times)
Ilove-Obama (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:49:44 PM

This may sound very strange to most of you, but a safe haven for bitcoin may be necessary. As more countries try to monopolize bitcoin (even though this probably wouldn't happen), or try to regulate it, a cause for reform must be taken in order to keep bitcoin as it is. This may be to have most operations of bitcoin in another country, possibly in California.
Or the answer may be the foundation of a new nation, one where bitcoin is used and never to be regulated, and one where we are free from the repressive "democracies" that run the most powerful nations. This may sound to extreme, but it may be necessary.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
«««« ⪓  FAST CONFIRMATION   ► EDON ICO STARTED SOON  ◄  ⪓  NODE.js tehnology ⪓    »»»»
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:15:20 PM

This may sound very strange to most of you, but a safe haven for bitcoin may be necessary. As more countries try to monopolize bitcoin (even though this probably wouldn't happen), or try to regulate it, a cause for reform must be taken in order to keep bitcoin as it is. This may be to have most operations of bitcoin in another country, possibly in California.
Or the answer may be the foundation of a new nation, one where bitcoin is used and never to be regulated, and one where we are free from the repressive "democracies" that run the most powerful nations. This may sound to extreme, but it may be necessary.

Hmm... No wonder you love him, him and all of his 57 states...

Grin Cheesy Grin

GriffinHeart

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hello there!

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:51:19 PM

I hope this is a joke...
y u do dis newfeg.

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.
Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:56:30 PM

Well how about we take a planet,might be easier to claim or we could set up shop in the South Asian Seas,what could go wrong!
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:56:33 AM

I don't see what you mean by countries trying to monopolize Bitcoin. As far as regulations go, there is an attempt being made to regulate bitcoin companies, not Bitcoin itself. If any government overreaches, companies will just move to jurisdictions which are better regulated.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 01:22:02 AM

I don't see what you mean by countries trying to monopolize Bitcoin. As far as regulations go, there is an attempt being made to regulate bitcoin companies, not Bitcoin itself. If any government overreaches, companies will just move to jurisdictions which are better regulated.

It's fair to say that the New York "Bitcoin License" is something of an attempt by the State of New York to gain control over the Bitcoin use and market, since by way of it they gain info on both parties to any transaction, where only one of the two is in New York, or even where only an exchange is in New York.

More can be elaborated on that but I'll stop.

Oh, and by the way "countries trying", you do know what is meant.  "Trying" does not mean "succeeding," of course.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: