Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:45:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: QuickSeller Forces You Into Using Escrow Scam!  (Read 1391 times)
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 08:48:11 PM

i think default trust would be better than your negative trust quickseller.
since he is not scamming anybody, but with his negative trust now, he is looks like scammer.
if i'm on GamingOn position, maybe i will doing something like this because it is not comfortable doing business with the negative trust on the account.

He shouldn´t have done shady things then, he wanted to make trades without escrow and the other person to send first, his reason was that the other person was a newb, fine, use escrow, dont ask him to send first when you dont have good trust yourself

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 09:52:02 PM

Not accepting escrow and asking the other person go first often earns the member a negative rating. It doesn't prove that the person is a scammer though and I've often been voicing my opinion about that as I did the same when I was new here.
There's a big difference between refusing to use escrow and forgetting to mention escrow.  I also wouldn't send first to a newbie without escrow.

As we know, Quickseller runs an escrow service and makes money by neg-repping others and not looking back.  We've yet to see an instance where Quickseller admits he was wrong unless there was absolute concrete proof he was wrong (see the case of ndnhc).  He's quick on the trigger, so to speak, because that's what gets him to the top.

The problem is that there's no accountability for his false-accusations.  People with lower-ranked accounts will just move on and get a new account, maybe they'll even buy one from him (conflict of interest!?).  He can slash-and-burn his way through the lending section, dropping red trust and not looking back.  People who were caught in his cross-fire have no recourse and people who aren't caught in his cross-fire think he's somehow doing a service.

This is the problem with the trust-rangers, the people who are trying to consolidate power by dropping as many red-trusts as possible.  There's no accountablilty for their actions.  Either they were right, in which case people say "good job", or they were wrong, in which case the poor newbie just says "what the fuck" and makes a new account.  There are almost no people willing to stand up for themselves because of situations like my case which prove that QS can stand for 6 months dropping false accusations.  They see that he'll use sock-puppets and lies to knock you down and they don't have the stamina to fight back.  Mods can look in my PMs and see the many supportive messages saying they feel bad for what QS is doing to me but they won't speak up for fear of crossing him.

I don't know what this guy was actually trying to do and crucially, neither does Quickseller. The difference between him and me is that I'm not a trust-ranger/account-seller/escrow provider, so I have no vested interested in neg-repping newbie accounts.  If QS was actually trying to make a difference for good on the forum and not just puff himself up, he would have simply posted in the thread that PP is suspicious and debit-card should use an escrow.  That would have been enough to get the message out but it wouldn't have inflated his neg-rep count, which is how he's working his way to the top around here, and the blood of many of us peasants is running in the rivers as he kills his way to get there.

If not Quickseller, then another DT member would have left you a rating and this thread does seem suspicious though: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1142024.msg12052824#msg12052824
The difference between Quickseller and other DT members is that others will apologize and remove the negative rating if there's been a misunderstanding or a miscommunication.  We've yet to see QS do that.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 09:54:04 PM

Not accepting escrow and asking the other person go first often earns the member a negative rating. It doesn't prove that the person is a scammer though and I've often been voicing my opinion about that as I did the same when I was new here. If not Quickseller, then another DT member would have left you a rating and this thread does seem suspicious though: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1142024.msg12052824#msg12052824
trust =/= scam, people seem to be forgetting this fact. negative trust ratings being left means you do not trust this person, not that the person is a scammer.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 10:00:17 PM

Not accepting escrow and asking the other person go first often earns the member a negative rating. It doesn't prove that the person is a scammer though and I've often been voicing my opinion about that as I did the same when I was new here. If not Quickseller, then another DT member would have left you a rating and this thread does seem suspicious though: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1142024.msg12052824#msg12052824
trust =/= scam, people seem to be forgetting this fact. negative trust ratings being left means you do not trust this person, not that the person is a scammer.
True.  But as has been said again and again in meta, people on default trust are supposed to be held to a higher degree of accountability with respect to their ratings because of the extreme language that accompanies being marked red by someone on default trust.  QS uses the trust system vengefully against people he doesn't like and for his economic benefit against newbies that he doesn't know.  This kind of outlandish behavior shouldn't be tolerated on default-trust, and I still hold out a hope that eventually someone is going to put an end to it.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 11:51:40 PM

True.  But as has been said again and again in meta, people on default trust are supposed to be held to a higher degree of accountability with respect to their ratings because of the extreme language that accompanies being marked red by someone on default trust.  QS uses the trust system vengefully against people he doesn't like and for his economic benefit against newbies that he doesn't know.  This kind of outlandish behavior shouldn't be tolerated on default-trust, and I still hold out a hope that eventually someone is going to put an end to it.

Considering control of the situation is with a very small number of hands, and they refuse to do anything about this problem, the only way there will ever be an end to it is if everyone else stands up all at once and says enough. Otherwise they will just pick off any objectors one by one, as they have been since it was created.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 01:01:33 PM

@tspacepilot: I agree that QS does leave ratings randomly and sometimes he doesn't analyse the account and just takes a decision in haste. However, when he is proved wrong, he does rectify it (may be without apologizing for his mistake). Even I was a victim earlier but I don't even know when he removed his rating and I dint want to go after him for that. I have often been critical about his ratings and hence I understand that he isn't 100% accurate while terming a person a scammer (may be 80% accurate). I don't quite agree that because he is an escrow, he leaves ratings on other users as I have seen it's not true. May be because he is an escrow, people blame him. LOL!

He is a trusted member over here and that's what matters more and he hasn't been too rude or abusive as other members here and so I have no issues with him anymore. I see that many a times he does leave accurate ratings and hence it's fine.

@subSTRATA: I know abut it but if the person is a genuine member, I can only feel sorry for the member as he would be termed as a scammer irrespective of whether he is or he isn't as his account is marked red.

tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:48:52 PM

@tspacepilot: I agree that QS does leave ratings randomly and sometimes he doesn't analyse the account and just takes a decision in haste. However, when he is proved wrong, he does rectify it (may be without apologizing for his mistake). Even I was a victim earlier but I don't even know when he removed his rating and I dint want to go after him for that. I have often been critical about his ratings and hence I understand that he isn't 100% accurate while terming a person a scammer (may be 80% accurate). I don't quite agree that because he is an escrow, he leaves ratings on other users as I have seen it's not true. May be because he is an escrow, people blame him. LOL!

He is a trusted member over here and that's what matters more and he hasn't been too rude or abusive as other members here and so I have no issues with him anymore. I see that many a times he does leave accurate ratings and hence it's fine.

Well, I'm glad to know that he finally corrected himself with respect to you.  It's good to know that there was at least one situation where he went back and fixed a mistake.

I don't know how you can say that he's not rude---of course, rudeness isn't that big a deal---but from what I can tell the whole reason why he's currently assaulting me has to do with the fact that he was calling people idiots for disagreing with him and I told him that was not appropriate.  Even since then, he's been smearing me  with sockpuppets.

There's also this, I wonder if you're merely trying not to say anything too cricial of him now in order to avoid getting caught back in his crosshairs.  Apparantely, you used to be under attack by him and somehow got out.  I know that if I somehow got out from under his attack I'd be treading on eggshells in order to avoid going through this nightmare again.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 09:22:46 PM

Well, I'm glad to know that he finally corrected himself with respect to you.  It's good to know that there was at least one situation where he went back and fixed a mistake.

I don't know how you can say that he's not rude---of course, rudeness isn't that big a deal---but from what I can tell the whole reason why he's currently assaulting me has to do with the fact that he was calling people idiots for disagreing with him and I told him that was not appropriate.  Even since then, he's been smearing me  with sockpuppets.

There's also this, I wonder if you're merely trying not to say anything too cricial of him now in order to avoid getting caught back in his crosshairs.  Apparantely, you used to be under attack by him and somehow got out.  I know that if I somehow got out from under his attack I'd be treading on eggshells in order to avoid going through this nightmare again.

I meant he wasn't quite rude like others who have abused me for nothing. When I noticed the difference, I started respecting those who don't abuse. I've been less active since 2 months as this forum has few members who abuse and get away with it and I don't feel safe here anymore due to them but that's my personal problem with the forum. He has been a bit rude to me but I can atleast talk to him unlike few others who just start bashing here.

@bold:  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I don't know what to say but I know you're frustrated with him and like he loves you a lot, you love him too. I can only say that those who don't have any issues with him now aren't necessarily scared of him or want to play safe. Whenever I have something to debate with him or any person, I'll do so no matter who is that person and what's the end result.  Wink

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: