Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 04:17:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't understand____Mining ~20 hours .17 bitcoin?  (Read 2090 times)
claire

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Capitalism rocks my world.

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 04:06:35 PM

LOL I like opportunity so show me the numbers and if I like it then I'll play. Right now, however, I'm using actual money that I've earned for trading my time for dollars on bitcoin and at this point it's not extra income. I suppose once I finally get approved to sell through some of the places with an actual cart system I'll be able to start doing something fun with it.

Thank you two for that, those were by far the most useless comments yet.  And I had almost decided I liked you Claire.

I work fulltime as a manager and I have my own PC related business, which I run after hours, but I also try to keep my open for opportunities elsewhere.

I have noticed that my hash rate fluctuates, for several hours it read 3000 as it did at bitclockers, but now reads 1300, it has been as low as 600.  I dont see a huge amount of stale shares either.  I also come to the conclusion it should be closer to .96 coin/day.

I will take a screenshot of my dashboard in a few hours.

I Love Bitcoin Smiley 1A5jmQcmZamhTeHaEZvtMEpoqrH2SECcxk
Phone Domination 888-221-0319
underminer (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 04:11:50 PM

I do use guiminer.  I plan on switching "infrastructure" to a better miner once I decide on a place to mine!  (lol)

I mine with modern cards, 7970 5970 5870 5830 5770 6670 and a llano cpu/gpu deal split across three machines right now, so monitors should not majorly affect my hashrate (and it appears that they do not I've looked) and I also have desktop effects turned down as well as cards clocked up and memory clocked down.

As I said I had a consistent 3000 rate at my old place and now only see 1374.  I don't see stale shares on the machines themselves, each miner under guiminer is not displaying problems, showing connected to slush's pool.  I have that screenshot oh my account, how to post it on here?

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.
claire

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Capitalism rocks my world.

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 04:27:08 PM

omg i just want to know what it all means. i understand the 3 machines. i'm talking cash. what does that equal to in cash. if i have to invest in machines i want to know what my ROI is going to be. or maybe i finally have something i can do with my macbook pro whose screen dies if I do graphics Sad.

I guess if I ever get time from running my business I'll start reading the very basic docs over again. But what I want to know is if it's worth reading the docs. I know that an extra amount every day is good, but at what cost? Are we talking pennies to dollars to hundreds or pennies? (i'm not a numbers person. i'm sorry. the accounting part of my brain disappeared somewhere between conception and birth.)

I Love Bitcoin Smiley 1A5jmQcmZamhTeHaEZvtMEpoqrH2SECcxk
Phone Domination 888-221-0319
Fjordbit

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 04:50:35 PM

I have that screenshot oh my account, how to post it on here?

Upload it to imgur.com and then link it with [img ]http://imgur url.jpg[/img]

(take out the space in the first [img ], or press "Insert Image")
mirajshah

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 04:51:07 PM

at this point, is it even viable for individuals to mine in pools? i'd say the giant supercomputers at ETH have taken over....
SimpleMan

Activity: 462

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 05:07:22 PM

hmm sounds like getting into the mining business at this point isn't the best idea, huh?

underminer (OP)

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 05:14:43 PM

https://i.imgur.com/3JPif.jpg

I can't figure out what that link thing means, sorry lol. 

Seriously though, this isn't a discussion about whether or not mining is a good idea.  This is a support thread not "post whatever the first thing that pops into your head when you finish reading about this guy's issue."

Ok so as you can see I have now made about .5 coin, which is better, but I am still hashing very low.

Fjordbit

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 08:42:58 PM

https://i.imgur.com/3JPif.jpg

I can't figure out what that link thing means, sorry lol. 

Seriously though, this isn't a discussion about whether or not mining is a good idea.  This is a support thread not "post whatever the first thing that pops into your head when you finish reading about this guy's issue."

Ok so as you can see I have now made about .5 coin, which is better, but I am still hashing very low.

That is too low.

When you scroll down, what does it say is the average of the last 10 rounds? By now it should be accurate (when you first start, it will be low because of non-participation in the previous rounds).

Can you double check all of your miners to be sure they have the right credentials and urls set?
underminer (OP)

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 08:49:54 PM

Yes I just verified all machines again a few minutes ago, around 12 I even switched one whole machine to another pool (leaving around 2500 mhs in slushes pool) and still read an average of 1389 over ten rounds.  What is really puzzling is that is within 100mhs of where it was before I switched.  It's like maybe 2 whole machines are claiming gone connected but are not actually? I am getting no credit for them and I would say it was just a simple typo or something but I did read an average of 3000mhs over last ten rounds for awhile and it just dropped...

kwoody

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

Technology and Women. Amazing.

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 03:35:13 AM

3000mh/s will make you just over 1BTC/24hours at BTCguild. (assuming a 2.8million difficulty, which is current.)
Fjordbit

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 04:08:57 AM

You're going to have to start doing some diagnosis. Make a new worker for each card in slush, and then start the miners, each with the new names. Then look at the shares getting reported to slush and see if they are in the expected proportion to each other, or if some are 0s.
NodEx

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 05:32:03 AM

It's better to stop focusing on mining. If Bitcoin is going to develop into the world's dominant currency, miners will need to stpo wasting energy to create the same amount of Bitcoins as before.
thebitbabe

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 05:33:49 AM

Only .17 that would drive me insane
legolouman

Activity: 504

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 11:00:33 PM

It's better to stop focusing on mining. If Bitcoin is going to develop into the world's dominant currency, miners will need to stpo wasting energy to create the same amount of Bitcoins as before.

If no one mines, there is no bitcoin. The network exists because of the miners.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 11:22:16 PM

I'm only making like 0.07 BTC/day but I'm just happy to be participating at all.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
underminer (OP)

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 11:59:39 PM

Well the point of my post has been addressed at this point, I ended up talking to Shadow383 and am making more per day then I was at bitclockers even.

The main issue was the *huge* drop in payouts between pools, it looks like my computers are taking sometimes many hours to solve a share at slush's pool which as I understand is not good for profits...

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: