Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:25:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Transaction not confirmed  (Read 1523 times)
GrandmaJean (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:18:04 PM

so i sent a normal bitcoin transaction of 0.01 bitcoin with 0.0001 fee like an hour ago from blockchain wallet and it does not get confirmed, is it because of that blockchain bug?
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:23:06 PM

so i sent a normal bitcoin transaction of 0.01 bitcoin with 0.0001 fee like an hour ago from blockchain wallet and it does not get confirmed, is it because of that blockchain bug?

No, seems that your fee was too low.
In the future, before you send your transaction,
you should check the status of the mempool,
then apply your miner fee accordingly.

This is where I check the status: https://tradeblock.com/blockchain/
This is a site which advises a fee based on mempool: https://bitcoinfees.github.io/

According to above, you should have paid around 0.0003 BTC for next block, in theory.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 09:28:44 PM

0.0001 as a fee is decent (assuming your transaction isn't ridiculous on outputs/inputs).

It's incredibly unlikely that a bug occurs in the Blockchain, the problem will almost always be you.

To me, it seems like you've just been unlucky. Luck does play a role in how the transaction gets picked up for confirmation.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 09:31:05 PM

I have 3 separate transactions that are still unconfirmed after 3 hours...  Undecided

It'll confirm eventually but DANG this is annoying. Need to upgrade QT I guess.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:33:03 PM

Nah, the blockchain bug (the one with the spent Satoshi balance, if that's what you're talking about) isn't the one that caused the delays on the confirmation of your transaction. Honestly, 0.0001 is a fairly nice fee you can put if you want your transactions to be confirmed. Most of the transactions I see now only put 0.0001 as a transaction fee.
dothebeats
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:34:41 PM

I have 3 separate transactions that are still unconfirmed after 3 hours...  Undecided

It'll confirm eventually but DANG this is annoying. Need to upgrade QT I guess.

I don't know what would be the difference in confirmation times if you change your client. The transaction confirmation time depends on the miners' side, not on the client that you are using.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 10:19:18 PM

Then perhaps my fees of 0.0001 are not high enough. Miners are starting to get greedy  Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

dothebeats
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:25:05 PM

Then perhaps my fees of 0.0001 are not high enough. Miners are starting to get greedy  Cheesy

Not that they are starting to get greed, it's just that there are other transactions in the queue that paid higher fees for their transactions to get through first. Wink
rinhunter

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:31:25 PM

yeah lately blockchain often unconfirmed,
perhaps because many use, regardless of fee as it has no effect if the troubled bitcointalk
tearfereon

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:42:25 PM

There're 6 MB of backlogged tx'es right now.
https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

You might wait a few longer.
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 10:47:32 PM

Not that they are starting to get greed, it's just that there are other transactions in the queue that paid higher fees for their transactions to get through first. Wink

To add to dothebeats comment, it would not NEVER be profitable to sit back and not confirm. Miners will always chose to include your transaction if there are no other with higher priority.
I think your fee is fine, but I strongly suggest avoiding online wallets and relying on something else than a node for transactions.

Considering all the noise on blockchain.info, you might want to use another blockchain explorer.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:57:22 PM

Congestion WEATHER : http://statoshi.info/dashboard/db/transactions
Actual fee : http://bitcoinexchangerate.org/fees

0,2 mBTC.
vendetahome

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:21:01 PM

i have got some trouble too i previously sent 0.015 with 0.0001 fee and it is still not confirmed after that i made 0.02 tx and it has 2 confirmations now
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:33:59 PM

That would sound reasonable if every block was filled up to its limit of 1MB, but that's not the case.

Some miners (or rather, mining pool operators) don't make sense.

However, a 0.0001 fee should be absolutely fine. I think it's just bad luck that the tx didn't get confirmed yet (and that backlog isn't helping either), but it most certainly will be confirmed eventually.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
plopper50

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:43:27 PM

Jorge Stolfi said another stress test had started but there are only a few thousand unconfirmed transactions tonight. It might be the reason for the delay the OP has. I ignored it until now and hoped the test would stop before it did any damage. I hope it doesn't last for days like the last time when there were 10 thousand unconfirmed transactions.

Another "stress test" just started.  The backlog is already 60 MB of unconfirmed transactions, and the input traffic is ~ 3 MB every 10 minutes, or ~5 kB/s .  So far, the tester is paying 0.2 mBTC/kB, like the last one.  Will it keep at that, or increase the fees later?

How accurate are these figures?  Its a simulation of a model of the system, so doubly removed!!.
As the dev admits, " the main tradeoff, however, is the dependence on the model assumptions"

AFAIK, the "simulation" is only for the top graph (what fees you would need to get expectation of N minutes to first confirmation), and for the dashed line (capacity) on the bottom graph.  The backlog (solid line) and incoming traffic (dotted) on the bottom graph are real data.

The information about the fees being paid by teh unconfirmed transactions comes from this other site.  The big step at 0.20 mBTC/kB must be largely due to the test transactions.  

Right now there appeared another large step at ~0.50 mBTC/kB; that may be test transactions, too.  However, those transctions are still below the 750 kB level, so they may affect only those transactions (a few thousand?) that paid between 0.20 and 0.35 (beware that the graph is changing all the time).  But they may be a sign that the "tester" is raising his annoyance goal...

-snip-
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 12:01:04 AM

I sent 3 transactions, all disappeared from blockchain with the message:

Transaction rejected by our node. Reason: Transaction was previously accepted but has been pruned from our database.

They still show up on Blockr.io

This is annoying. Good thing I don't absolutely require these funds in the next 48 hours...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

kripto para

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:03:24 AM

I sent 3 transactions, all disappeared from blockchain with the message:

Transaction rejected by our node. Reason: Transaction was previously accepted but has been pruned from our database.

They still show up on Blockr.io

This is annoying. Good thing I don't absolutely require these funds in the next 48 hours...
Check from btc.blockr.io
blockchain.info is screwed up right now.
BitcoinPenny
aka CJBianco
Legendary

Activity: 2662
Merit: 2203

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 12:18:50 AM

I sent two separate transactions of similar amounts today. One from my breadwallet app (default fee?), and one from my electrum wallet (0.0003 BTC). I sent the breadwallet late this morning. It still hasn't confirmed. The electrum confirmed in no time.

I read that the breadwallet default fee is too low at the moment, so that's why it's taking forever. Makes cents to me. (See what I did there?)

Regards,
Christopher

BitcoinPenny.com | "When it comes to bitcoin swag, we make perfect CENTS!"
ticoti

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:25:05 AM

I think that's normal with the stress blockchain is suffering last days
Hexcoin

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 01:27:27 AM

I think that's normal with the stress blockchain is suffering last days

i think its not since the stress test is done (i think) coz there are no spam on the network on the last 7days atleast

i think the only problem is on different block explorer
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: