Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:35:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to buy bitcoins anonymously  (Read 8443 times)
silvertree

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 03:04:40 PM

Its a shame there are no co-op cafe type places in the local comunity where people could get to know one another and build trusting relationships..Its kind of weird arranging cash transactions with internet strangers.
I am kind of boycotting banks which makes it harder to get bitcoins and is kind of why ime new here.

Is there a trading system with bitcoin where traders have a relaible feedback system?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 03:26:44 PM

Its a shame there are no co-op cafe type places in the local comunity where people could get to know one another and build trusting relationships..Its kind of weird arranging cash transactions with internet strangers.
I am kind of boycotting banks which makes it harder to get bitcoins and is kind of why ime new here.

Is there a trading system with bitcoin where traders have a relaible feedback system?

Look up bitcoin-otc  . It is an IRC channnel and bot that takes a little while to learn but it's precisely what you're describing.

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
silvertree

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 03:40:35 PM

Look up bitcoin-otc  . It is an IRC channnel and bot that takes a little while to learn but it's precisely what you're describing.

Thanks i was looking at that ages ago when i first looked at bit coin..Will have another look though i confess.
It was a little over my head Embarrassed
I dont even know what an IRC channnel is.. Embarrassed
albertdemorcerf

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 07:55:49 PM

Bitfloor does a good job. check out their rebate program. The most anonymous method they offer involves going to a bank and making a cash deposit. There is no fee for the deposit. Then you can use bitfloor's exchange. Generally there are good rates too for buyers. Easy to use.

-albert
stepkrav

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 08:32:19 AM

going to a bank is not anonymous..  Undecided
nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:50:09 AM

going to a bank is not anonymous..  Undecided

Why not? Anyone can make a cash deposit. The teller is not likely to ask you for ID.

Nanaimo Gold offers several anonymous vectors for payment and some others that can be proxied by creative folk.

Also fully automatic trading of several hard currencies.

Nobody is ever asked for ID and you don't even have to make an account.

You don't even have to share your email address for most trades, and for those that do need it, you can use mailinator, jetable, tormail or other email anonymisers.

For anyone capable of lifting his ass from the chair, anywhere in the world, it's possible to buy bitcoin anonymously from Nanaimo Gold.

stepkrav

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 11:18:10 AM

Why not? Anyone can make a cash deposit. The teller is not likely to ask you for ID.

Nanaimo Gold offers several anonymous vectors for payment and some others that can be proxied by creative folk.

You don't even have to share your email address for most trades, and for those that do need it, you can use mailinator, jetable, tormail or other email anonymisers.

For anyone capable of lifting his ass from the chair, anywhere in the world, it's possible to buy bitcoin anonymously from Nanaimo Gold.

in your site, it seems impossible to buy bitcoins with cash by mail option. Right? Why's that?
nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 01:05:23 AM

in your site, it seems impossible to buy bitcoins with cash by mail option. Right? Why's that?

Yes, I accept cash by mail. The mailing address is not published due to abuse.

I don't read this forum so questions are better received via my contact form. I don't spam, but you can use jetable or mailinator et al if you prefer.

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 01:21:12 AM

that's the whole point of BC anyway right?
Why is it so hard to do?
MtGox accepts Dwolla, but Dwolla wants my bank account and address -- um, no thx.
Bitmarket.eu needs you to prove yourself.

I buy prepaid credit cards at the mall, and I wish to use these to buy bitcoins.
I am willing to pay a premium, and I am willing to wait for an escrow to eliminate the possibility
of "chargebacks".  Is there no service where this is possible?

Thanks,

ME

I frequently send cash in mail (usps) to several people on bitcoin otc for BTC.  Look for people with a good rating, among other scrutinizing factors.  Have yet to have any issue, thankfully.   You may also find people there that will sell for less than Mt Gox for large orders. 

Also, once you get a rating up on OTC you may find people there that want to buy your prepaid credit cards for BTC. 

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: