Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:34:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: S4 fan replacement  (Read 1296 times)
HerbPean (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 01:10:03 AM

I got a dead fan in my S4. They are pretty loud I was wondering if the delta afb1212 would be a good more silent replacement. It's like 150 CFM versus 239 tho...

Any other tricks to reduce the noise ?

Thanks !

Herb

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 08:47:06 AM

Try it. and keep an eye on the temps for a few hours. most miners can do with less cooling they just go for cheap fans. also running them without a case helps cooling in most situations. if you do this maybe rig a few extra fans to it. lower speed fans but more of the

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 04:26:47 PM

delta fans are fine but their really noisy might want to get one that is less noisy and go for a push pull config and install 2 fans on it intake and out take fan. Done on a few my old units and works a lot quite and a lot cooler too.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
gablay12
Legendary

Activity: 918
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 09:46:42 PM

Pls check whether it is a push or pull fan.Pull fans perform better.If dead one is a pull fan change it with a pull fan.

The more I meet people, the more I like my dog.
HerbPean (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 10:42:07 PM

the faulty fan was a pull one so I flipped the one of the pull to make him push. (all the fans are the same).

I installed a cheap one for the push, i will change it soon.

thanks for the feedback
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:20:11 AM

As far as official advice: https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204199879-Antminer-S4-fan-specification-and-possible-replacement-fans

I was scared at first not to do Delta.   But ended up with Sanyo Denki so far working for around 2 months.
HerbPean (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:32:02 AM

As far as official advice: https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204199879-Antminer-S4-fan-specification-and-possible-replacement-fans

I was scared at first not to do Delta.   But ended up with Sanyo Denki so far working for around 2 months.

Thanks for the info !
Romanko

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 10:45:29 PM

Thanks for the info !

HI
wanted to start a new thread but noticed this one has info that might be useful for me too.
2 fans went out of service - one from the S4 antminer and another one from the 1TH LK dragon miner .

Their size is the same..but one is a turbo another simple...maybe I just order two fans from the best pick.
which one is quieter: delta or sanyo? what did you went for?
mamahdedeh

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 01:11:42 AM

you have to find a fan that has a high rpm

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 04:02:47 AM

This is very true here is the official options: https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204199879-Antminer-S4-fan-specification-and-possible-replacement-fans

Do not just throw a cheap fan in there.  There is a BIG difference between a high rpm fan and a cheap fan.   With your miner you don't want to use cheap fan and let it get to hot.

I went with sanyo as it has such a high RPM i was impressed.   Delta is the more popular option though.  Either one listed on the link above is fine.
Romanko

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 07:53:02 AM

Thanks for the hint guys Smiley bcs I was looking at this no name fan with a 60 day warranty from seller:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231569988051?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
and by the way, did you bought your fans on ebay/amazon/etc.? or is there someone from bct selling them for BTC?

This is very true here is the official options: https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204199879-Antminer-S4-fan-specification-and-possible-replacement-fans

Do not just throw a cheap fan in there.  There is a BIG difference between a high rpm fan and a cheap fan.   With your miner you don't want to use cheap fan and let it get to hot.

I went with sanyo as it has such a high RPM i was impressed.   Delta is the more popular option though.  Either one listed on the link above is fine.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 08:01:27 AM

Thanks for the hint guys Smiley bcs I was looking at this no name fan with a 60 day warranty from seller:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231569988051?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
and by the way, did you bought your fans on ebay/amazon/etc.? or is there someone from bct selling them for BTC?

Personally I went with amazon as I needed it quick and got 2 day shipping on it through amazon prime.  Ebay if those work as promised is not bad.  But I personally would get an actual Delta or Sanyo.

The way I see it is why risk a miner for a few bucks on generic fan.   That is unless it's very old miner and you don't really care.  But S4 still has some value.
Romanko

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 09:31:36 AM

Personally I went with amazon as I needed it quick and got 2 day shipping on it through amazon prime.  Ebay if those work as promised is not bad.  But I personally would get an actual Delta or Sanyo.

The way I see it is why risk a miner for a few bucks on generic fan.   That is unless it's very old miner and you don't really care.  But S4 still has some value.

You are absolutely right about the quality level.
There is a quote about it: I am not so rich to buy cheap things)
Of course cheaper fans will go out of service faster..actually its a lottery with the brand fans too, but chances are higher)
I downclocked the s4 for stable temps and searching for some eu-based seller to have the fans in shorter terms then from us or china.
But actualy it depends on seller and the delivery type. I used to receive a Bitmain warranty replacement PSU within a week from china to Eastern Europe by UPS.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: