Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:31:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Using bitpay to convert btc to fiat  (Read 553 times)
gonzos (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 08:42:54 AM

hey, newbie here.

I am based in europe and wonder how people here convert there btc into fiat convieniently.
I thought about using bitpay and paying myself so It lands in fiat on my bank account.
are there holes in my logic?
n3o111

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:05:51 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2016, 08:26:24 PM by n3o111

You can use BTC-e, BitStamp or LocalBitcoins. If you are going to use LocalBitcoins, you should make sure the buyer you choose is trustworthy. It is not always possible but you can get an idea by reading all feedback. Stay away from "too good to be true" deals and don't send Bitcoins directly to buyer's address.BitPay is a payment processor system which is being used by companies which wants to accept BTC payments.
If you want to exchange your BTC to fiat money you should use Bitcoin exchanges.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_real-time_trading_exchanges
Nas

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 01:49:32 PM

hey, newbie here.

I am based in europe and wonder how people here convert there btc into fiat convieniently.
I thought about using bitpay and paying myself so It lands in fiat on my bank account.
are there holes in my logic?

Technically you can do that but that would be pretty expensive considering Bitpay fees. You better use a local exchange site or localbitcoins to avoid higher fees.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 01:52:18 PM

You can use BTC-e, BitStamp or LocalBitcoins. If you are going to use LocalBitcoins, you should make sure the buyer you choose is trustworthy. It is not always possible but you can get an idea by reading all feedback. Stay away from "too good to be true" deals and don't send Bitcoins directly to buyer's address.

ultimo_dragon

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 08:37:00 PM

Yeah Localbitcoins is probably the easiest way for you to do this. You can get pretty decent rates if you shop around and it is very convenient.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: