Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:30:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lamassu Bitcoin ATM for sale  (Read 586 times)
zircon (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:13:24 AM

hi All,

We brought in the first Bitcoin ATM to Africa. It has been running, however for several reasons we are looking at selling it.

1. Collecting cash from an ATM is a risky procedure in South Africa and I do not feel comfortable doing this anymore.
2. We are doing well simply dealing directly with people and doing electronic transfers. We feel that having an ATM is a bonus, but mostly due to 1. above, we feel more comfortable not dealing with cash on a constant basis in South Africa.

We have had a special 8mm bracket made for the unit which enables it to be mounted on either a flat horizontal surface (counter top) or vertically to a wall. This is in addition to the ATM and I am happy to ship it with this item.

Happy to sort out the shipping, depends on the price that can be agreed upon.

If you are interested please contact me. I know people within Lamassu who can vouch for me if you are concerned about the transaction in any way. I am also the author of the CoinATMRadar iOS app so that should also add to some credibility.

I am looking at:

4300 USD for the machine. Shipping and insurance included. Bracket worth 500USD included.

Please PM me if you wish to take this further.

Thank you

Badr

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:31:09 AM

I'm really interesting ..
would you please post some photos or videos ?
bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:35:46 PM

I love the BTMs.  What's the monthly costs Lamassu is charging to operate these using KYC compliance?  I know my little skyhooks don't charge anything, but I have to keep a logbook.
zircon (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:44:24 AM

here is the shop it is in. There are 2 photos. If you are interested I can supply further photos.

http://coinatmradar.com/bitcoin_atm/74/bitcoin-atm-lamassu-midrand-metroman/

I don't pay a monthly cost btu I don't use KYC at the moment.

Otherwise there is no cost involved, you run your own server and do your own thing.

The thing is cool but it has been a lot of effort, with a full time job, finding a place for it, negotiating with people and shops, they change their mind etc etc. But the biggest reason is probably that I am not comfortable handling large amounts of cash regularly in South Africa. Not a safe environment.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: