Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:30:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gets Equal Billing with Land, Cash, as "Safe Haven"  (Read 1108 times)
Acererak (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:05:30 PM

From marketwatch.com . . .

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gold-wont-have-been-tested-until-the-crap-really-hits-the-fan-2015-08-05?dist=beforebell

Not bad. Not bad at all.
fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 01:56:34 PM

In this article they have mentioned that  - Perhaps it is true that gold is no longer a reliable a store of value. Maybe bitcoin, land, or indeed cash, have taken over the as natural refuge in times of turmoil.

This is completely crap, who ever the author of this article do not have a long term view. One should know, gold always have a golden value that no investments can beat because this is a product of nature and limited. May for short period it may fall but surely it will regain its value sooner or later.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 02:39:37 PM

Nice.  Little by slow, Bitcoin is creeping into the public awareness.
Cool that he mentioned bitcoin first then land, then cash Smiley

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 02:51:15 PM

These are awesome news and an amazing article! Little by little, we are getting into the minds of everybody. Articles like this  show that we are doing many things right. I mean, they can ignore this amazing technology just to the certain point!
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 02:52:11 PM

Don't get your hopes high, guys. In this whole article bitcoin was mentioned 1 time. That means nothing and in fact that's pure speculation of the author.
It is nice that bitcoin is no longer outcast of the financial scene but get real - it is still infancy of cryptocurrency and a lot can change  while gold and land have been in good standing since dawn of time.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:03:42 PM

In this article they have mentioned that  - Perhaps it is true that gold is no longer a reliable a store of value. Maybe bitcoin, land, or indeed cash, have taken over the as natural refuge in times of turmoil.

This is completely crap, who ever the author of this article do not have a long term view. One should know, gold always have a golden value that no investments can beat because this is a product of nature and limited. May for short period it may fall but surely it will regain its value sooner or later.

There is a possibility people move from gold to bitcoin... I highly doubt we will live to see this movement is completed.
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:08:51 PM

Don't get your hopes high, guys. In this whole article bitcoin was mentioned 1 time. That means nothing and in fact that's pure speculation of the author.
It is nice that bitcoin is no longer outcast of the financial scene but get real - it is still infancy of cryptocurrency and a lot can change  while gold and land have been in good standing since dawn of time.

Exactly, I don't see how a 3-4 year bear market in gold prices all the sudden mean its lost its place as a store of value.  Hello, its only been used as a currency/store of value/investment for THOUSANDS of years, much longer than ANY paper currency.

BTC on the other hand has only been around for just a few years, and I dont see people selling their land in droves for btc.  I mean really, btc may have a current price that seems high, that doesn't mean its necessarily that valuable in terms of real life value.

No one in their right mind can call btc a store of value, when it hasn't been around long enough to even be considered in the same category as land/gold.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 05:17:43 PM

a good time to buy Gold in these days. alot of bearish news.

pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:29:31 AM

The outlook for gold is still negative.
Most analysts expect the bear market to extend.

Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:22:13 AM

I will buy gold at $900.
MF Doom

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 11:24:03 AM

http://www.mining.com/retail-gold-silver-demand-surged-135-since-june-365-more-first-timers/

and yet the demand is still extremely high, how is the price still being suppressed?  Anything else with this kind of demand would have prices rising
fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:18:35 PM

Yes but no one can predict the bottom of the market hence it is better to accumulate in small quantity when ever it dips a bit otherwise we will miss the boat and always only watch the movements. Cleaver people always invest slow and study.
MF Doom

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 02:14:03 PM

Yes but no one can predict the bottom of the market hence it is better to accumulate in small quantity when ever it dips a bit otherwise we will miss the boat and always only watch the movements. Cleaver people always invest slow and study.

but, analysts can and always have gotten things wrong.  There are plenty of analysts calling for gold to spike to $2000 and silver back up past $50 too.

With all the economic uncertainty these days, I think it'd be foolish to not at lease diversify a little, say maybe 5-10% in precious metals.
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 02:23:44 PM

But Bitcoin is also limited. And if you store your BTC in a paper wallet still serves as reserve. And better yet, you can transfer the asset without alerting the regulation.

So it's golden bitcoin time, guys  Cool

AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 02:54:10 PM

True, gold has been until today the #1 source of value, but that is no longer the case. Bitcoin is gold 2.0, it goes everything gold does, just better:

The only reason gold stays as the king of value is simply because of network effect and cultural phenomena, other that, objectively, Bitcoin is better. It's only a matter of making people understand how this is the case.
alva5763

Activity: 451

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:46:03 PM

How many would be willing to transfer their gold reserves to bitcoin?
emelac

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:08:33 PM

But Bitcoin is also limited. And if you store your BTC in a paper wallet still serves as reserve. And better yet, you can transfer the asset without alerting the regulation.

So it's golden bitcoin time, guys  Cool

Gold is big and heavy, which makes it difficult to covertly move through customs in large quantities. Bitcoin is very easy to covertly move through customs, or alternatively transmit over the internet, so it's perfect for rich Chinese people wanting to secretly move their money out of China. That's one big advantage it has over gold and it will help it maintain its value.
RustyNomad

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 07:13:15 AM

Bitcoin will never unseat gold as a 'safe haven' and this is mostly due to numbers.

If you have gold you will always have somebody who will accept it in exchange for something. There are billions of people and I doubt you will find one who will say no to gold. Yet, at this stage you will find billions who will say no to Bitcoin. So it's just a matter of number at this stage and I believe that this balance will shift over time as bitcoin adoption increases.

Personally I would love to see bitcoin take the place of gold but I think it's going to be another couple of years before we even get close to bitcoin reaching that kind of level.
stuff0577

Activity: 138

More stuff will come.

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 07:45:17 AM

Personally I would love to see bitcoin take the place of gold but I think it's going to be another couple of years before we even get close to bitcoin reaching that kind of level.

I think that this "prediction" will never take place. Bitcoin will never be able to reach the role of gold. Because more from the currency bitcoin is a disruptive technology and is this technology that has value. Bitcoin is supported by that and will be always but I doubt that will be able to have someday the role of gold. Even with the support of this kind of technology. Will be two separate things I think. Each will have its role.

Yeah +1 with that.

DAILAI Peer-to-peer micro transport services
wearehatetherules

Activity: 195

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 07:56:22 AM

I don't think its easy to get bitcoin matches gold as easily until the authorities gets more softer on bitcoin.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: