Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:20:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING: BillPayForCoins  (Read 1040 times)
dave3 (OP)

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:08:44 PM

BillPayForCoins has been taking people's coins and then not paying their bills, and not refunding them.

I've got bills I paid them for 2 months ago that they still haven't paid or given a refund for.

I'm not alone:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3eshfl/warning_billpayforcoinscom_is_a_defunct_business/

I've contacted their payment processor, GoCoin, and they said:

"... we have ceased their normal merchant payouts until they have resolved these problems."

And at the same time all this is happening, they've been trying to launch a new Bitcoin Debit Card service.

You can read their response in the reddit thread.  They still haven't done what they said they would, though.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 04:45:16 PM

Same here. I have the Transaction IDs as proof of payment.

Their lack of response is disheartening.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
0toinvestor

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 12:05:40 AM

I sent them payment for a bill back on 8/7 and there is no sign of it being paid. I emailed them a couple of days ago and no response.

Are there any other billpay services that are US based or will at least make US payments? It looks like Bylls is doing well but they will not make payments in the US.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 08:42:17 AM

I sent them payment for a bill back on 8/7 and there is no sign of it being paid. I emailed them a couple of days ago and no response.

Are there any other billpay services that are US based or will at least make US payments? It looks like Bylls is doing well but they will not make payments in the US.

No, and it looks like any other company would probably run into the same problem that BillPayForCoins did with their banks shutting them down.

Which usually means that the next step would be decentralization and technology.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 08:51:36 AM

I was a bit dubious about this company when I first heard about them, although a great idea which I would have probably tested at some point I was waiting a while to do so to see if there was any positive feedback.  From the look of this thread it seems like a scam which is a shame as it could really work, I am sorry for you guys that got burned by this company but thank you for warning the community.
dave3 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 06:47:39 AM

8/7 was just a few days ago, do you mean 7/7?

If you really just paid them a few days ago, you might want to contact GoCoin to see if they can get your money back.  From my contact with GoCoin on 8/4 they said they had "... ceased their normal merchant payouts ..."  I'd be surprised if they're even allowing payments to go through, but if they are it would seem that GoCoin should still have the money.

Except for what sounded like a copy/pasted form letter email on 7/28 (probably prompted by the reddit posting), I haven't been able to get any other response from BillPayForCoins.  This is what they sent on 7/28:

We are attempting to recover from some technical and banking issues that we have experienced.
We are processing payments and refunds as quickly as we can.
Rest assured - your funds are safe - we were not hacked, nor have we lost BTC or USD.
-Mark

But so far what they say and what they do have been two different things.  Realistically, I think the chance of getting my money back is somewhere close to 0%

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 10:09:35 AM

8/7 was just a few days ago, do you mean 7/7?

If you really just paid them a few days ago, you might want to contact GoCoin to see if they can get your money back.  From my contact with GoCoin on 8/4 they said they had "... ceased their normal merchant payouts ..."  I'd be surprised if they're even allowing payments to go through, but if they are it would seem that GoCoin should still have the money.

Except for what sounded like a copy/pasted form letter email on 7/28 (probably prompted by the reddit posting), I haven't been able to get any other response from BillPayForCoins.  This is what they sent on 7/28:

We are attempting to recover from some technical and banking issues that we have experienced.
We are processing payments and refunds as quickly as we can.
Rest assured - your funds are safe - we were not hacked, nor have we lost BTC or USD.
-Mark

But so far what they say and what they do have been two different things.  Realistically, I think the chance of getting my money back is somewhere close to 0%

Probably meant 7/8, been in Europe too long. Though I verified the date and it was 7/12. I will eventually have to pursue legal action if nothing is done soon.

dave3 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 01:06:05 PM

Almost 2 years later, the BillPayForCoins website is still up.  And it still let me login.

Just a warning for anybody who runs across these guys.  They're bitcoin stealing thieves.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: