Bitcoin Forum
July 24, 2024, 04:27:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Call of duty 4 Tournament 0.08 BTC Escrowed (2/16 Players) Entry fee:0.005 BTC  (Read 3275 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Thekool1s (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:19:30 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2015, 12:31:45 PM by Thekool1s

So I am starting a PvP wager and a tournament for call of duty modern warfare, It will be PvP Tournament and will be spectated by me.

The Amount for the 1st tournament will be: 0.08 BTC, This is a small amount but it is a start.

There will be 8 people participating in the tournament.

Entry fees is: 0.005 BTC per player

Maps used will be : shipment or Killhouse

These rules apply both to PvP and Tournament

Rules:
1) First person who gets 20 kills or 100 points win the match. ( 1 kill = 5 points )

2) The time limit on the match will be of 10 minutes, The person with lead will win

3) If you quit, You lose the amount and is given to your opponent

4) If you use cheats, aimbots etc you will be disqualified immediately and the amount will be given to your opponent.

5) In case you get disconnected, You will have 30 mints to return back to match failure to do this will result in amount being lost. The match points will continue where it was left off. so if you were winning and were 20 points short of the win and your opponent comes back within 30 mints you will require only 20 points more to win.

6) Failure to return in 30 mints will result in a loss. The amount will be given to your opponent

7) If the server disconnects same rule will be applied, The match will continue where it was left off.

8:) The ping must be below 250 (preferred below 180)

9) If you are below full member rank your amount must be escrowed.

Some more info:
The Moving speed will be 1.5x of default speed so that game feels more faced paced

All tournament matches will be spectated by me to ensure that no cheats/hacking was used.

To Kickstart the tournament, The first person to comment will get free entry.

The template for entring/listing a challenge is as follow:

Match type: Tournament
Map Preferred: Killhouse or Shipment
Bitcoin address for payment:
Bitcoin address for winning amount:

Why Call of Duty modern warfare?
Almost any pc can run it now adays, and even the pirated version guys can participate in the game.

Can we use Escrow?
Escrow is holding the funds Smiley

How long will it take to receive your winnings?
Almost Instantly when the tournament is over Smiley

I have more Questions?
Please Ask, I will be happy to reply Smiley

Current Tournaments:
Cod Bit:
Jukocoin (1st Entry).
RoastPotatoes (2nd entry)

Note: I have transferred the winning amount to "loljosh" he is the escrow in this, The Tournament will start within 3 days after the 16 entries have taken place, I have a question guys should I replace this with Counter strike 1.6 in next tournament? Please let me know in the replies.

Escrow Transaction:
https://blockchain.info/tx/ee926e2040667a9144db24ffe3bd979b3ba48f6218cd39ad17112ca43e4df02e
confirmed See below "loljosh" Confirmed too Smiley

For entering the tournament:

You need to send btc to this address : 1A9H6pMR1V1ZagYvDKDCpSBueRaNvP6BHv
And you should send it with a public note, with your username.

Cheaters:
It will be a Player vs Player Game and the ip will be given to only those players who will be participating. And I will be spectating both the players to make sure no aimbots/wallhacks were used. Cheats would be disabled by default. And I am working on an auto detector which can detect these hacks to by default. This feature will be implemented in next tournament.

NOTE: This one is closing down, Its getting replaced by CS GO as people are more interested in CS GO than Cod 4, Stay tuned for a new thread!
marioantonini
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1082

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 07:13:37 PM

Really interessant. Can i ask you how to verify that there are no cheater or other hack in the game? I have play more time to battlefield online and 90% use a bot .
Thanks
Alvin Fahriza

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 11:04:15 PM

amount for the 1st will be 0.07  Huh
but fees per player 0.01 BTC so good so far dude.but many cheater there i hope you can overcome

katerniko1
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 11:43:35 PM

this is nice idea and everything but as i played cod looong time i can tell from expirience there is alot of cheats that you can't notice.
we had a clan where some friends of mine we're using hacks to make fun on public server and they we're never discovered.
but if you find a way to get people who are not using them it would be fun Cheesy
regards.
-Katerniko1
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 12:47:29 AM

Yeah I'd be interested in this if there was a way to prevent cheaters from entering or proving without a doubt that someone was cheating.
Recording the gameplay could be an option, though I'd imagine there would be some lag involved while doing that...

bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 04:51:19 AM

The funds for the reward and the entrance fee should be held in an escrow, I think if you find an escrow from the start it might be easier for you to find players for this tournament. No escrow and self-moderated topic on top of that may be repelling some interested players away. And there is the concern of game getting botted as already expressed by others above.

Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:01:58 AM

What if the players accuse one another of hacking? What are you going to do then?
Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:04:34 AM

Interesting idea, but the biggest issue I see here is cheats. It is not easy to identify cheats, and even worse it is very hard to prove it.
Who is going to make the decision when a player is looking suspicious but there is zero or little proof of cheating?

Thekool1s (OP)
Legendary

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:54:30 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2015, 03:54:16 PM by Thekool1s

ok, I will have the funds escrowed to a trusted member(escrow.ms etc)

To prevent wallhacks etc I have a multi monitor setup so I can spectate on both of the players. I know all the hacks for cod out there so if you got caught you will lose the amount. Also cheats will be disabled on the server so the only hack to look for will be aimbot and elevator jumping on those 2 maps are not possible. It will be a dedicated server so cheats will be disabled by default. The only thing for look out will be wallhack/aimbot. The killcam will help even further. And I will look into recording the matches too.

I think we should really get started on this. I will escrow the funds and we can go on with our tournament Smiley

If you are interested please reserve your spot. As 1st entry is free Smiley I think we have the people to get it going Smiley
Thekool1s (OP)
Legendary

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 10:15:12 AM

I have contacted monbux, I will update you guys as soon as possible, I think we have 8 players to get it going. I think it will be fun and I will try to make the next prize even bigger Smiley
Thekool1s (OP)
Legendary

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:54:14 AM

Ok Guys I have finally find an escrow, I am sending the winning amount for the tournament to "loljosh" He will confirm here shortly once the coins are sent to him, this is just a security that your funds will be safe 0.08 BTC which is the max winning amount currently Smiley
Thekool1s (OP)
Legendary

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:24:47 AM

What if the players accuse one another of hacking? What are you going to do then?

I will be the judge here, I have lot of experience in COD, The server will have cheats disable the only alternative the player will have is that he will use Aimbot/walling hack which will be easy to detected as I will be using a multimonitor setup to spectate them at the same time, Or Some one other player can become a judge too so we will know for sure if the player was hacking. its not a problem believe me, Smiley
tsoPANos

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

In math we trust.

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:33:08 AM

I really like like idea, and I will be watching this thread for future updates.
However I won't join as I have limited time.
Good luck to you OP!
Thekool1s (OP)
Legendary

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:36:32 AM

I really like like idea, and I will be watching this thread for future updates.
However I won't join as I have limited time.
Good luck to you OP!

Thank you Smiley You can always come when you have the free time, If this goes great I am thinking the next one will have a bigger prize around 0.25 BTC it will make it even more interesting and may be something new for bitcoin could start from here Smiley
loljosh

Activity: 751
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:46:29 AM

I am holding the funds as Escrow for this tournament.

Following is the BTC address with the prize amount.

https://blockchain.info/address/15k83b3ak1aVU4dMkFsFihMGvp9Yonirkx

Best of luck everyone!

Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand.
joust

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:52:10 AM

On what platform is this competetion? Is it ps4/xbox one or is it on the computer?

jokucoin

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:53:06 AM

Taking the free spot as I see it's still open, Will be waiting for the tournament :p ,

BR.

Thekool1s (OP)
Legendary

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:54:06 AM

On what platform is this competetion? Is it ps4/xbox one or is it on the computer?

Pc, Its in the thread Smiley Call of duty modern warfare never made it to ps4 or xbox one, Its a pretty old game. Its like Counter strike but has better graphics etc Smiley
necrod

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 10:19:27 AM

interesting idea good luck in first tourny will look for further ones.
Thekool1s (OP)
Legendary

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 10:26:21 AM

I have reduced the entry fees from 0.01 BTC to 0.005 BTC, I think 0.01 Was little high for a start but this will be the lowest.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: