Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:28:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you report someone for threatening to reveal your IRL info  (Read 1518 times)
RoughLyfe (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 08:47:18 PM

This guy
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=523761
Is threatening to reveal where I go to school for some reason,I believe it is because I found out that he had gotten AWS codes in a ill matter
He threatened me here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1093089.new#new
Where do I go to report him?
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:49:50 PM

Why are you framing yourself as the victim here? You were the one who chose to sell the codes (which I'm guessing you weren't supposed to sell), and now you're paying the consequences for it.

also:
[...]
A few months ago I was very bad at bitcoin,now I would say I'm successful,PM me my school if you know it then
Roll Eyes

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
RoughLyfe (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:56:24 PM

Why are you framing yourself as the victim here? You were the one who chose to sell the codes (which I'm guessing you weren't supposed to sell), and now you're paying the consequences for it.

also:
[...]
A few months ago I was very bad at bitcoin,now I would say I'm successful,PM me my school if you know it then
Roll Eyes
I sold codes for a little bit that where gotten in a legit way.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:58:40 PM

also:
[...]
Roll Eyes

you were pretty much asking for it, quite literally asking for it actually. clearly you learned nothing from your previous forum-based keyboard warrior altercations with other members, as you stubbornly cling to what you believe, and refuse to see that you are in the wrong. you chose to push the argument with the individual in question to this extent where you were doxxed. also, since you are making this thread, i am assuming the information he got on you is correct; otherwise you would not have made this thread in the first place. set aside the narcissism, just apologize to him, and drop it if you dont want your info revealed, you keep pushing the issue by asking around "how to report him" when you can just back out of this.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
grue
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:59:42 PM

also:
[...]
Roll Eyes
So? What he's doing isn't breaking any laws or forum rules. Revealing where you go to school falls under free speech. If he was blackmailing you or was threatening to disclose your SSN, you might have a case.

RoughLyfe (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:03:22 PM

also:
[...]
Roll Eyes

you were pretty much asking for it, quite literally asking for it actually. clearly you learned nothing from your previous forum-based keyboard warrior altercations with other members, as you stubbornly cling to what you believe, and refuse to see that you are in the wrong. you chose to push the argument with the individual in question to this extent where you were doxxed. also, since you are making this thread, i am assuming the information he got on you is correct; otherwise you would not have made this thread in the first place. set aside the narcissism, just apologize to him, and drop it if you dont want your info revealed, you keep pushing the issue by asking around "how to report him" when you can just back out of this.
Actually he hasn't told me any information and this started when I wanted to sell a method on how to get AWS codes for free where he doxed me.
RoughLyfe (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:05:25 PM

also:
[...]
Roll Eyes
So? What he's doing isn't breaking any laws or forum rules. Revealing where you go to school falls under free speech. If he was blackmailing you or was threatening to disclose your SSN, you might have a case.
Its a breach of privacy and he doxed me because I was selling a method on how to get AWS codes for free and he wanted me to stop selling them since he sells them for a high price
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:14:33 PM

also:
[...]
Roll Eyes

Actually he hasn't told me any information and this started when I wanted to sell a method on how to get AWS codes for free where he doxed me.

that doesnt change the fact that you keep pushing the issue further than you should for any reasonable explanation or purpose. your skype info is public, and from that is is more than possible to ascertain your ip address, and if the geolocation of that ip address can be ascertained in turn, it would be very possible to actually figure out what school you attend based on locale. the fact remains you are pushing a pointless argument for a few dollars worth of potential sales.

Its a breach of privacy and he doxed me because I was selling a method on how to get AWS codes for free and he wanted me to stop selling them since he sells them for a high price
you may feel that it is an intrusion of privacy from your perspective, but as grue said, it is freedom of speech and isnt illegal in any way. as grue said again, if sensitive information such as an SSN, DL number, etc, information that is highly private and would violate the law, then the forum's administrators could act as that is a breach of the law. in short, nothing illegal is taking place here, and the rules do not bend to your convenience.

lets use an analogy here: a douche posts his ex's nudes on a website, and she is incredibly bothered by it. however, she is above the age of 18, and there is nothing illegal about some girl's tits being posted on some image board. however, if those pictures were illegal because said girl was 16, then the administrators of said image board would have to act as that image is illegal. make sense?

RoughLyfe (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:27:04 PM

also:
[...]
Roll Eyes

that doesnt change the fact that you keep pushing the issue further than you should for any reasonable explanation or purpose. your skype info is public, and from that is is more than possible to ascertain your ip address, and if the geolocation of that ip address can be ascertained in turn, it would be very possible to actually figure out what school you attend based on locale. the fact remains you are pushing a pointless argument for a few dollars worth of potential sales.

you may feel that it is an intrusion of privacy from your perspective, but as grue said, it is freedom of speech and isnt illegal in any way. as grue said again, if sensitive information such as an SSN, DL number, etc, information that is highly private and would violate the law, then the forum's administrators could act as that is a breach of the law. in short, nothing illegal is taking place here, and the rules do not bend to your convenience.
I made my Skype using a VPN and use a VPN 24/7 for cases like this.I stopped selling AWS codes a long time ago.But the fact still stands that he threatened my person safety,it may sound like I'm nitpicking here or I'm trying to bend the rules my way but I'm positive that threats are illegal
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:37:33 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2015, 01:47:53 AM by subSTRATA

I made my Skype using a VPN and use a VPN 24/7 for cases like this.I stopped selling AWS codes a long time ago.But the fact still stands that he threatened my person safety,it may sound like I'm nitpicking here or I'm trying to bend the rules my way but I'm positive that threats are illegal
now do you think its illegal or know that releasing that information would be illegal? if you can provide substantial and irrefutable proof to the mods/admins that this is illegal im sure they would act on the issue. however, i doubt my words have any impact on your train of thought as you have consistently demonstrated that you fail to find any error in your actions or words and will not admit to being wrong until you are pushed to do so.

grue
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 04:02:34 AM

I stopped selling AWS codes a long time ago.But the fact still stands that he threatened my person safety,it may sound like I'm nitpicking here or I'm trying to bend the rules my way but I'm positive that threats are illegal

If I see your any comment on this post again, I'll come and kick your greek ass.
Roll Eyes

context: RoughLyfe = bachlovesstories. he seems to be using an alt for some reason.

Panthers52

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 04:33:41 AM

OP - what you are doing is at the very least unethical, if not illegal. The ultimate reason you want your identity protected is because you want to avoid the consequences of your school finding out what you are doing.

From the looks of it, you are trying to sell two different items across two accounts, both of which you probably shouldn't be selling. My advice to you is to stop selling things that you don't want the authorities finding out you are selling. You are not some kind of martyr fighting some unjust law. 

PGP 827D2A60

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
RoughLyfe (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:41:43 AM

I stopped selling AWS codes a long time ago.But the fact still stands that he threatened my person safety,it may sound like I'm nitpicking here or I'm trying to bend the rules my way but I'm positive that threats are illegal

If I see your any comment on this post again, I'll come and kick your greek ass.
Roll Eyes

context: RoughLyfe = bachlovesstories. he seems to be using an alt for some reason.
Ip check me.I have a twitter under RoughLyfe.I have a steam account under RoughLyfe and I have a Hack forum account under RoughLyfe.I have more than enough proof to show that I am a different person
RoughLyfe (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:45:47 AM

OP - what you are doing is at the very least unethical, if not illegal. The ultimate reason you want your identity protected is because you want to avoid the consequences of your school finding out what you are doing.

From the looks of it, you are trying to sell two different items across two accounts, both of which you probably shouldn't be selling. My advice to you is to stop selling things that you don't want the authorities finding out you are selling. You are not some kind of martyr fighting some unjust law. 
More like I'm pretty sure that I don't want some maniac coming to my school and  getting me in trouble.I have another account but its not that one.Im not selling anything at the moment other than verified twitter followers.
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:37:45 PM

Roll Eyes

Ip check me.I have a twitter under RoughLyfe.I have a steam account under RoughLyfe and I have a Hack forum account under RoughLyfe.I have more than enough proof to show that I am a different person
are you dumber than I thought you were? first off, theres more to checking for alt accounts than just an ip address, and you yourself just admitted to using a vpn. after you saying that, there is absolutely zero reason for anyone to trust any ip address info as proof of anything in your case. in addition, steam/twitter/whatever accounts can be created fairly easily.

RoughLyfe (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:15:01 PM

Roll Eyes

are you dumber than I thought you were? first off, theres more to checking for alt accounts than just an ip address, and you yourself just admitted to using a vpn. after you saying that, there is absolutely zero reason for anyone to trust any ip address info as proof of anything in your case. in addition, steam/twitter/whatever accounts can be created fairly easily.

They are aged and my steam has around $320 put into it,and I can search up whats my ip via google and make a refreshing gif of that so I can prove that it wasn't modified.Then a mod can check that IP on my account and bachlovesstories.My account had been accessed by 4 IP,more or less.The first one from my first VPN,the second one from my second VPN,the third one was from my phone and the last one I forgot.Then if I'm so dumb in your perspective than what can I do to provide proof that I'm a different person?
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 08:59:01 PM

I am against doxing except only in the most extreme circumstances like clearly documented serious criminal activity. That being said the op is an asshat with no common sense, I am not surprised he is in this position.
RoughLyfe (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:08:06 PM

I am against doxing except only in the most extreme circumstances like clearly documented serious criminal activity. That being said the op is an asshat with no common sense, I am not surprised he is in this position.
I never committed any crimes though,I don't really care what others think of me so <3
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 03:29:34 AM

I am against doxing except only in the most extreme circumstances like clearly documented serious criminal activity. That being said the op is an asshat with no common sense...

You calling someone an asshat, now that's irony for you ROFL

It should be noted that in this one instance, I agree with you on the OP.

~BCX~
RoughLyfe (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:20:46 AM

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: