Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:43:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TGBEX New Stock of Loaded Physical Bitcoins  (Read 3255 times)
TGBEX (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:29:06 PM

Latest production run of physical bitcoins

0.5 BTC Numbers 27-31
1 BTC Numbers 29-35
2 BTC Numbers 12-15
5 BTC Numbers 9-10
10 BTC Number 004

Further pictures:

Only for sale in EU (all orders above €1,000 subject to relevant checks/ ID requirements)

For more information please see our website at www.tgbex.com

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 12:56:00 AM

Do these have a private key under some sort of hologram? Might need one of my euro friends to hook me up.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 01:32:09 AM

Those coins actually look pretty cool, and I would be interested in purchasing one (1 BTC or half BTC) if you decide to ship internationally (I'm in Canada)

Do these have a private key under some sort of hologram? Might need one of my euro friends to hook me up.

If you decide to purchase them, LMK if you can help me out and ship one to me as well Tongue
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 03:58:24 AM

Those coins actually look pretty cool, and I would be interested in purchasing one (1 BTC or half BTC) if you decide to ship internationally (I'm in Canada)

If you decide to purchase them, LMK if you can help me out and ship one to me as well Tongue

I will let you know, but it really depends on how these work exactly.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:32:48 AM

TGBEX Bitcoins have their BTC value and unique serial number on the front with both the public and private keys engraved on the back.

The public key can be used to verify the coin’s value on the blockchain whilst the private key is hidden beneath a tamper-proof hologram.
madonnino

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:09:59 AM

interesting coins, i'd like to see some pics of the back if this is possible, good work btw
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 10:33:08 AM

Here is a pic I found online.
Please note, this pictures is not mine. All rights reserved by the owner...

TGBEX (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:19:05 PM

Many thanks to the newAnon and to AT101ET for answering everything for us!

TGBEX coins are essentially 'fancy offline paper wallets', so have a private key engraved on the reverse which is then hidden by a hologram.

Each coin comes with a certificate of authenticity with a corresponding QR code so the wallet balance can be easly checked (and signed off by 2 professionals to say all other records of the private key(s) have been destroyed), plus a booklet explaining bitcoin basics and how to check the balance/ redeem the bitcoin (by importing private key into a new wallet).

We are looking at expanding sales to Canada (and to Middle East, Asia and Africa), but need to work through all the applicable regulations (plus any sales/ import taxes) which is not an easy thing to do for each country! (will let you know when we do get around to Canada, which in theory should be straightforward)
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 01:19:54 PM

This coin looks to have been peeled/redeemed, and the private key is displayed in that gold square that I'm guessing was under the hologram? Still a nice picture though, nice coins as well I remember when TGBEX started selling them originally. I'd really like to see one in person.

TGBEX (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:17:34 PM

The digits you can see are the public key, the private key remains hidden under the bottom half of the hologram.

Once removed the holograms leave a 'VOID' mark on the coin and are damaged/ would be very hard to replace.

Hoping to get a few on display in London/ Amsterdam soon... (currently only on display in the Isle of Man - first coin was donated to local museum and samples are on display in a local craft shop/ believe there is also one in a display cabinet in a reception to government department)

Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 04:49:44 AM

Can't seem the find the prices Smiley

monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 10:42:22 AM

Please can you post pictures of the Hologram side.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 10:51:04 AM

Still on the fence about getting one....If only the BTC price wasn't falling as it is right now though.
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 02:31:01 PM

Any chance TGBEX would consider offering a two factor authentication option? Maybe a small set of 5 or 10 rounds would make it worth manufacturing. Also, the no shipping to USA. Is there a trusted member locally in the UK who would be willing to reship these to the USA?
monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 03:54:41 PM

UK based. Happy reshipping to overseas. My trust is good. I am sure I have dealt with most personally, or we have a mutual point of trust who would vouch.

I would need you to buy from TGBEX, have me as their delivery address (I have no spare BTCs, all in on physical cryptos currently)

I would then onward ship to whereever you are, so long as there isnt a tidal wave of individual requests, will ship and then charge you at my cost, not looking to make anything, just happy to get a UK sellers coins out there.

I havent checked to see if there is a TGBEX delivery cost to make it worth while grouping orders to me (Hey TGBEX, group buy discount ?)

Unsure how many would be interested ? If there are a few, and they are in the same country (or a few per country), then obvious options to group both purchase in the UK, and then for international shipping (with national distribution from a local trusted buyer). So far Blazed and Pistachio ... Pistachio, are you US as well Blazed ?

I will be putting a few listings up here very soon. So if a TGBEX is done alongside a purchase of any of the coins I sell, I will onward ship the TGBEX as part of my sale, without a postage charge. I also have an early one of these available (1 BTC coin #10) that I will probably list.
m_rippon

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 04:26:03 PM

In terms of categorizing TGBEX, I would compare them to Alitin or Titan. That is, high denomination coins which are pre-funded. They do not provided unfunded coins.

TGBEX do not ship funded coins to the USA.

Both Elias and I have spoken to Adrian Forbes (the Director). He's a friendly guy who I'm sure will be happy to answer any questions.
TGBEX (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 04:49:11 PM

Picture above, but found another one below:

The holograms are metallic and when removed leave VOID marks on the coin - they have been designed (like coins) to make them as hard as possible to copy and each coin has a 'window' (so that owners can see/ check the public key) which is manually cut out
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 09:55:05 AM

Picture above, but found another one below:

The holograms are metallic and when removed leave VOID marks on the coin - they have been designed (like coins) to make them as hard as possible to copy and each coin has a 'window' (so that owners can see/ check the public key) which is manually cut out

Again, very interested in prices, hope not titan style Smiley

TGBEX (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 01:31:42 AM

Apologies for neglecting thread! (we tend to announce things here and on reddit, but trying to target a wider market, so concentrate on more popular mediums (twitter/ facebook etc)

- prices are updated if any major movement in the bitcoin price, otherwise fixed in EUR or GBP (depending on who updates prices (whether in UK or EU))

current pricing can be found here: https://twitter.com/bitcoinTGBEX/status/643476363337465857

prices are higher than we would like (we have UK banking, but get charged £30 for each bank transfer, which wipes out almost all profit on 0.5btc coins/ 1 btc coins)- working on getting discount applied for any purchases made with bitcoin (not as simple as it should be!) and promise still working on Canadian sales! (postal insurance outside UK causes issues - couriers generally wont touch them and insured post is limited)

eg sent 2 packages to USA (NOT sales, but one did include a loaded coin) that have got lost, so managing this risk is tricky (we could obviously load coins upon confirmation of receipt if we kept public keys, but if they get lost would still have 'numbered' coins with holograms that are unloaded floating around, which is something we are keen to avoid).
ErikvanBreen

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:37:22 AM

Hi,

Nice looking coins! I might be interested in 2 of the 2 BTC coins Edit: 1x 2 BTC and 1x 1 BTC coin depending on the price you can offer me when paid in Bitcoin.
Escrow would definetly be preferred  Smiley

Shipping would be to the Netherlands.

Kind Regards,

Erik
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: