Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:46:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin to Altcoin Dark Pool  (Read 540 times)
CryptyMike (OP)

Activity: 291
Merit: 127

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:31:18 AM

Hi!
I want to get a couple of things out of this.
1. Are you interested in working on this?
2. General thoughts.

There is a lot of financial infrastructure and more sophisticated avenues of trading that can enter the Bitcoin market than just traditional spot trading, or OkCoin's "futures" with leverage. This brings me to alternative trading type of systems.

I think there can be a use for a dark pool, catering to "whales" who may want better prices, while allowing their trades to be executed faster, filled quicker, and without creating a ripple in the market. And of course, not exposing their selves.

How would this start:
- Initially this would need to be strictly contractual based. The dark pool would match people with the trade orders (agreements) in mind already. Eventually after generating revenue (if this happens) there can be some of the dark pools money to be offered to satisfy customers.
- Another option can be to do a deal with a major exchange for liquidity and clever marketing.
- This can be good for people on btcjam who act as brokers.

The dark pool can attract legitimate bot users as it does in the current traditional markets, not only whales swing trading.

I see this working for the large coins that have big players such as: LTC, DOGE, DASH, BTCD, DRK, etc.

Of course as a grand vision, BTC to USD (or any FIAT currency) is ideal, but this requires other types of licensing that I am not prepared for.

I own domains such as btcdarkpool.com, bitswaps.com, cryptodarkpool.com, xbtdarkpool.com.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TeKenway

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:41:34 PM

This is interesting because the general ledger would need to be hidden? Would that not crash the system? As far as liquidity goes are you talking about a form of HFT?

It would be interesting to see if something like that could be created. Maybe for when people purchase large item contracts like a house without escrow insurance.
CryptyMike (OP)

Activity: 291
Merit: 127

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:53:20 PM

This is interesting because the general ledger would need to be hidden? Would that not crash the system? As far as liquidity goes are you talking about a form of HFT?

It would be interesting to see if something like that could be created. Maybe for when people purchase large item contracts like a house without escrow insurance.

The ledger will always be there as long as transactions are being made, but context would be hidden. There are also many advantages from a trading point of view such as the avoidance of making ripples in the market (changing price, thus changing average entry or exit point), and can offer more sophisticated trading order types such as iceberg orders which would make the receiver or sender much less obvious according to the blockchain.

Interesting point on purchasing items, can you expand/clarify on what you mean?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: