Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:08:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Catcoin deleted post  (Read 456 times)
Buy (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:05:42 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2015, 03:20:17 AM by Buy

This annoys me.

I made a reasonable post and someone deleted it.

Then I questioned the deletion

I make some observations and suggestions about the coin and my post is deleted?Huh??

Seriously?HuhHuh?

You guys are out of control with the 'moderated thread' thing.

Goodbye catcoin.

And they responded

Goodbye catcoin.
Violate forum rules and posts will be deleted.

Goodbye, Hozer.

Here is the post that was deleted

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Vampiris, you say "version 9.2.0 create new fork from block 44227 accidentally 29 June".

And Slimepuppy, you say "We did, however, cause a condition that would have normally created a simple fork for those that continue to run the earlier 9.1.1 code (...) that would have disappeared as the rest of the community moved to the new code - but hozer (...) merged his older fork with our new soft fork.  That's the piece that 'vampirus' either doesn't yet understand or is trying to twist.  It's really important to note that while the 9.1.1 client will 'technically' join the parallel fork, there is only one entity mining that (hozer) and there are zero CAT transactions there (...)"

----

I'm not knowledgeable about technical stuff but...

There are two 'forks' for whatever reason?

Two groups that each would profit in some way if their 'fork' is the main one?

----

I'll look through this some more when convenient, but here are my observations.

1) The coin has huge potential for several reasons. Excluding the drama it is a strong coin going forward and potentially quite undervalued.

2) This drama, whatever it's root, is destroying the coin and if it is not resolved when cryptos recover the coin may miss the next surge.

3) Though a moderated thread 'controls' the dissent it is probably the worst of many choices.

----

I'm not interested in taking sides but my opinion is that Slimepuppy seems to have 'legitimacy' in directing the coin but if the conversation is being stifled, i.e., by deleting opposing comments, then legitimacy is gone. I know all of the arguments for preventing people from speaking and have no respect for any of those arguments.

It is very hard to trust the conversation on a moderated thread, but do either of you two see a peaceful resolution or is this an ongoing hostile issue?

----

add

Do not worry, now 9.1.1 chain on block  46452 and no more compatible with 9.2.0
Take it somewhere else, Hozer.  Maybe here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=486922.0.  Last warning.

edit...  nice edit job, Hozer.  It's gone and you're done here.
/edit

The deleted post was
---
vampirus

Activity: 41

View Profile Personal Message (Online)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0
Ignore

Re: [ANN] Catcoin - 0.9.2.0 - NEW THREAD
Today at 03:35:40 AM

Reply with quote  #137
New developers of CAT coin, create version 9.2.0 with some enhancement.
New wallet was compiled 27 June 2015 and used in some pools.
This thread and new version was announced 12 July and they say hardfork begins from block 46331 in about two weeks ahead.
But version 9.2.0 create new fork from block 44227 accidentally 29 June.
All CAT miners, who not switch to new version in first 2 days  Smiley after wallet was compiled, continue mining another blockchain, and
now in opinion of SlimePuppy they are "attackers".

All information about this, SlimePuppy deleted from this thread. This reply will be deleted too.
---

There is an example of one problem with 'moderated' threads.

I like that coin but seriously, someone complains about deleted posts, rightly or wrongly, then I point out that their post was deleted so mine get deleted. Is this serious?

//////
//////

I make some observations and suggestions about the coin and my post is deleted?Huh??

Seriously?HuhHuh?

You guys are out of control with the 'moderated thread' thing.

Goodbye catcoin.

followed by

Goodbye catcoin.
Violate forum rules and posts will be deleted.

Goodbye, Hozer.

What forum rules? You are power mad.

Then you post

All right CATs - we're here!  It'll take a few more blocks for things to settle in - then we can see if things work in the real world as well as they worked on testnet.

Comments, questions, or thoughts?  Bring them!

But if a person mentions a conflict you seem to be having with another user you will delete the comment?

Here is the original comment, to which I will add this post in case you delete it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1145224

I like this coin by the way but I am disgusted by petty Napoleons who win conversations by limiting them. At this point I am starting to understand the other user who was criticizing you. Control yourself, not others.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vampirus

Activity: 982
Merit: 517

Nature decays, but Latinum lasts forever. RoA:102

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 04:38:35 AM

SlimePuppy believe, that all who against his opinion - new avatar of user Hozer, his former opponent.
See CATCOIN UNCENSORED https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1135534.0

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
Damiantroll

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 06:34:03 AM

It seems that irreverent banning of people on forums seems to be increasing a lot nowadays. Did you say something about the coin's place in the wider world of cryptocurrency? It seems to me that it's a meme that takes away from the very real potential of bitcoin.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: