Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:16:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcointalk is pathetic  (Read 2008 times)
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 10:46:56 PM

You could always try ignoring them. Too many people focus on the trolls and the negativity.

Life is too short for that kind of nonsense.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 06:36:36 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2015, 11:27:08 AM by Xian01

You could always try ignoring them. Too many people focus on the trolls and the negativity.
True. Ignore is always an option that one can use as a last resort.

To turn a phrase from SaltySpitoon, "If you are trying to learn about Bitcoin as a genuine newbie, wading through trolling and shitposting can do enough to convince you it's not worth looking into."

EDIT: As part of an "experiment", I've nuked my personal, curated Trust List, and am currently using Default Trust, along with "The List" added to my Ignore settings. Thanks !
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 07:08:19 AM

You definitely need to take a look at "THE LIST" in this section and the one used by DannyHamilton.
I would link them, but it is hard to navigate on a phone. Anyhow, a cobination of those two should definitely flush out a lot of nonsense as both keep adding new members.

I do agree that the forum is not what it used to be. However, the same applies for internet. There are some really bad people that have gotten access in the past few years. There's not much that can be done aside from using the ignore button.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 08:51:50 AM

You definitely need to take a look at "THE LIST" in this section and the one used by DannyHamilton.
I would link them, but it is hard to navigate on a phone. Anyhow, a cobination of those two should definitely flush out a lot of nonsense as both keep adding new members.

Danny -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=973843.0

I do agree that the forum is not what it used to be. However, the same applies for internet. There are some really bad people that have gotten access in the past few years. There's not much that can be done aside from using the ignore button.

ban *aol.com

Spam and morons have always been a part of the internet, even when there was no WWW.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:22:23 PM

Considering the nature of what the forum is all about - internet money, disruptive ideas, general distaste for The Man - I'm pretty amazed it's as unpathetic as it is. Those are all prime targets for ridicule and combativeness from elsewhere but it's relatively restrained.

Sure, there's no shortage of noise, scams and mindless idiots, but there's still plenty of measured discussion and much to learn.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:31:56 PM

Considering the nature of what the forum is all about - internet money, disruptive ideas, general distaste for The Man - I'm pretty amazed it's as unpathetic as it is. Those are all prime targets for ridicule and combativeness from elsewhere but it's relatively restrained.

Sure, there's no shortage of noise, scams and mindless idiots, but there's still plenty of measured discussion and much to learn.

franckuestein
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130

Truth will out!

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 01:46:44 PM

few good posters but so many scammers, broke losers, and idiots with nothing insightful to say.  it's really gone downhill.

First day on the internet?  Grin

bct seemed better a year ago, maybe my imagination.

+1.
But... welcome to the Internet and more specifically to forums, @jonald_fyookball Smiley

P.S: take a look to this topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1019752.240

[ AVAILABLE SIGNATURE SPACE ]
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:28:18 PM

Come on now, you spend all your time in bitcoin discussion / lending and participate in a signature campaign.

It´s indeed pretty funny that someone that spends half of his posts commenting on the lending section, most of the time not saying anything useful, complains about the forum and the posters..
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:59:50 PM

Come on now, you spend all your time in bitcoin discussion / lending and participate in a signature campaign.

It´s indeed pretty funny that someone that spends half of his posts commenting on the lending section, most of the time not saying anything useful, complains about the forum and the posters..

I would say I add more to the community than most.  I've
contributed scripts and tools in electrum, and given coins
to worthy causes.  not all of my posts are high value but
many of them are.

the posts that I make in lending are to stop spammers and scammers.

Also I avoided signature campaigns for a year
until last month when someone practically
begged me to join and I hesitantly agreed.  

anyway, I'm not the one on trial here.  Cheesy

XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 03:21:43 PM

many of them are.

Lets be honest here, your posts on the lending section are just to increase your post count, the scammers are already stopped by the negative rating they recieve when they ask for money without collateral but hey nice try, who is on trial then?
Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 03:29:44 PM

many of them are.

Lets be honest here, your posts on the lending section are just to increase your post count, the scammers are already stopped by the negative rating they recieve when they ask for money without collateral but hey nice try, who is on trial then?

OP has never posted on cryptovpn sig campaign thread and he isn't listed on their current participants list. I think he's telling the truth.

/ random rant

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 03:30:53 PM

many of them are.

You're wrong.  I was making many posts long before I joined a campaign, which was only one month ago.  

Look how many posts I have total.

I post no differently than I did before.  Also this signature campaign only requires sixty posts...I do much more than that, and it's not a high paying campaign.  I could be making much more promoting gambling which I decided against.  

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 05:47:43 PM

I don't understand what's with the constant cribbing about the forum and signature spammers (there are far too many threads discussing the issue which has no permanent solution yet). It's OK to crib once or twice but like every time to crib (even after months) is like weird. If anyone is so unhappy with the forum they are free to leave the place and find a better place. Many are pretty OK with this forum and hence they are here. No forum is perfect and each has its own flaws so it's better to switch rather than stay and feel disgusted about spammers (as scammers exist on each forum).

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: