Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:24:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LKETC support Re: BFGMiner 5.2.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Antminer U3  (Read 1901 times)
ngdias (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 09:26:05 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2015, 10:53:06 AM by -ck

I need help setting up a lketc USB scrypt 220kH miner. I bought it together with an Antminer U1 to test stuff and gain experience. The U1, I got to work with cgminer from Bitmain's website without any problems. I suppose there's plenty of support out there to optimize the U1, so I'm focusing on the lketc first.

The lktec starts heating up as soon as it's plugged in and blinking green (so I have no indication when it actually starts to work). It's very moody in the sense that sometimes the device is not recognized by Windows and takes a few tries and using different USB ports (I'm using a *new* hub that works flawlessly when I plugin other stuff).

The instructions I got from the webshop - in the official website I found nothing - are terrible.
They offer a windows client that started failing with errors such as 'ICA0: invalid nonce - HW error'. Then I tested in on another computer, where I never connected the U1, and it worked.
When I try to use the cgminer.exe lketc supplied with the USB stick (in a cmd line), it complains about noy knowing how to find any devices. I couldn't find any example on how to find or point to the device using cgminer, so I went looking for another solution and found BFGminer.

I read somewhere about being an a zeusminer chip; the BFG miner readme helped A LOT with the paramenters and syntax. I got it to work at first try using these parameters
bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://ltc.ghash.io:3333 -u user -p x -S zeusminer:\\.\COM3 --set zeusminer:clock=200 --set zeusminer:chips=1

Clock=200 is what I think the windows client was using. It's not the lowest setting. It works, but then I get a lot of errors. First, there is something about the 'pool hidding content from us'

Then, I'm getting a really high percentage of R and HW. I'm using the same pool for the U1 and the failures are much less. I'm not using any ventilation yet; does it matter?

Finally, when exiting I get this report and I wonder, how many chips does it have? Should I change chips=1 to chips=8?

Would it be a better idea to post this in another subforum?...
Anyone has experience and is willing to help?
Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 09:26:24 AM

any luck?

I have these USB sticks from LKETC and cant get them to work

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
GriffinHeart

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hello there!

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 10:02:39 PM

Zidag? I am firing shots in the dark here, but tech firms use asic software in both scrypt and SHA-256, so some tutorials on the standard software might get your miner up and digging.

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.
kanazawa

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 12:28:01 PM

hey man, I have one og thise too...

I bought almost a year ago, can't use it.

The manufacturing don't even answer with a siple support.

They sell this sh** usb dongle and just do it... nothing more.

If anybody knows how this THING works, please, answers here. I bet that everybody who bought this crap didn't use it.

(I paid almost nothing, but it was a year ago, now the price is high.

]░░░░░░▄▄███████████▄▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██▄
░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░█░░░░░░░█▀▀▀█░░░░░░░░░█░██
█▌░█░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░█░▐█
█▌░░█░░░░░░██▀▀▀░░░░░░░░█░░▐█
█▌░▄▄░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▐█
███▀░░░░░░░█░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░▀███
██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░░░▀██▄▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄▄██▀
░░░░░░░▀▀███████████▀▀

]░░░░░░▄▄███████████▄▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██▄
░░███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░█░░░░░░░█▀▀▀█░░░░░░░░░█░██
█▌░█░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░█░▐█
█▌░░█░░░░░░██▀▀▀░░░░░░░░█░░▐█
█▌░▄▄░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▐█
███▀░░░░░░░█░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░▀███
██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░░░▀██▄▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄▄██▀
░░░░░░░▀▀███████████▀▀

grodalf

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 01:05:36 AM

I just bought one of these on a well known auction site.
Getting it to work took a while. The stick is often unbranded, and sells under various titles like "Litecoin Miner mining ASIC 8G USB", "Dogecoi ltc Litecoin Miner mining ASIC USB All SCRYPT Coins Virtual Currency" (yes misspelled Doge), or something similar.
Mine had the following attributes in the description:
Brand :   YuDianHuiXin
Model :   Litecoin Miner 8G
MPN :   Does not apply
Type :   USB Block Erupter
Processing Speed (GH/s) :   144K/S-280K/S
Power Use (W) :   5
Compatible Currency :   Dogecoin
Not much to go on, and the type was definitely misleading.
Thanks to @ngdias! The first post in this this thread had the last bits I needed to get it working. This is what I used:
Code:
bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://ltc.ghash.io:3333 -u <worker> -p x -S zeusminer:all --set zeusminer:clock=200 --set zeusminer:chips=1
With a power use of 5W it might be hard to run full speed on a USB2 port. An externally powered USB hub is probably a must.
According to the descriptions here, running at speeds over 200kH/s requires an extra fan.
Linux tip: if you're under Linux, like me, you need to have the right permissions set to communicate with the ports. I also have a few different USB miners; Antminer, Moonlander, and now Zeusminer; that use the same communication chip.  Doing a --scan all, or even --scan zeusminer:all on these, upsets some of them. To fix this, I run some udev rules to set a new permission group (that my user belongs to) on the USB ports, and create logical links to the ports. That way solving the permission problems, and being able to scan them by name rather than USBn (where 'n' obviously changes depending on what order the devices respond/are plugged in.) So now I can do --scan zeusminer@/dev/crypto-mining/zeusminer-0 and --scan MLD@/dev/crypto-mining/moonlander-0. No risk of hitting the ASICs with the wrong driver! My ASICs are a lot happier after that.

I hope this helps someone. Happy mining!
DigitalCreep

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 08:39:33 PM

This what i got to work

bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u user -p password -S zeusminer:\\.\com5 --set zeusminer:clock=210 --set zeusminer:chips=8
DigitalCreep

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 02:04:51 AM

Was getting to many HW errors with chip set to 8, changed to 6 and HW errors have dropped. Running at 145kh/s @ 210 
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 06:17:01 AM

The Block Erupter was NOT a LKetc design, NOR was it a Scrypt-based miner.
Block Erupters hashed at more like 300 MEGAhash/s not KILOhash.

That sounds suspiciously like one of the USB sticks that was based on the GC3355 chip from Gridseed - might try talking to the DualMIner folks as they're still selling similar sticks.

Do keep in mind that a lot of auction sellers do NOT make their postings particularly complete and are not always ACCURATE on their postings.
 The quoted listing contradicts itself and is a PRIME example.

BTW - as far as I know, LKETC never made a USB-based device of ANY type, much less anything based on a ZEUS chip (LKEtc was an A1/A2 (Innosilicon) BIG miner making company prior to gettng involved as a partner in BW.COM).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
DigitalCreep

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 11:29:44 AM

This is what I got for the past 8 hours

ZUS 0:       :  1.31/ 1.30/ 0.21mH/s : A:5804 R:8+0<.14%> HW:320/5.2%

Seems to be work fine here
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: