Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:38:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-08-06]Macintoshs First Firmware Worm Developed, Bitcoin Implications Dire?  (Read 445 times)
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:42:31 PM

Macintosh’s First Firmware Worm Developed, Bitcoin Implications Dire?

For many years, two major computer operating systems have been considered to be more secure than Microsoft’s Windows. Both Mac OS and Linux have been less plagued by viruses, worms, trojan horses, and all kinds of malicious software, even though the number of threats against Linux systems is on the rise.

http://bitcoinist.net/macintoshs-first-firmware-worm-developed-bitcoin-implications-dire/

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 02:08:14 PM

Beating me to posting once again, but ty Smiley

A follow-up might follow shortly though, stay tuned Wink
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 04:56:35 AM

I used to be a Mac guy, but gave up over 5 years ago. they are over priced and under preforming. They are marketed at n00bs who dont want to learn how to operate their machine. plus they are pretty much garbage after a few years.

I switched to a 200$ Toshiba, upgraded a few years ago to a 300$ one, way better experience, I feel like I have more control over the thing, and even if I have to replace it again... no problem, I still haven't spent as much over ~ 10 years as I did for a piece of crap that was hard tpo get software for and became useless in half the time.

mac's marketing is brilliant though. people who use it are convinced there can be no other option, which is ridiculous because macs limit you like crazy.

and the myth that they are impervious to virus is still holding unbelievably. only about 10 years ago mac only had about 5% of the market share of all computer users, so it wasn't worthwhile to make viruses and worms etc (even though a few were always there)  now the market share is huge because macs are seen as "top drawer", more desirable, and (especially) easy for dummies to use. They are in fact counter-intuitive, but the fools will never realize. Stockholm syndrome.

people who dont know squat about computers or security are in for some rude awakenings. its better to have some knowledge, do a little work and learn, than rely on blind faith.

my GF got a mac a few years ago, i warned her not to, but she had to have it. all the other girls had one! oi veh! well, now you cant even watch a youtube on it, it freezes every 5 seconds and i doubt it can be fixed for less than my excellent Toshiba cost to buy new.

fortunately she doesn't BTC on the thing. I set her up on a little 99$ notebook and a ledger for that  Wink

i hate mac
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: