Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:58:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UBS and Barclays Experimenting with Ethereum Platform  (Read 631 times)
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:44:45 PM

According an article of NewBTC, UBS and Barclays are experimenting with Ethereum. Could it be a really serious competitor to Bitcoin?

http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/08/06/ubs-and-barclays-experimenting-with-ethereum-platform/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 12:49:31 PM

"Could it be a serious competitor to bitcoin?"
Who knows maybe, it would need to gain a lot more followers for it to do so. I kind of like the sound of Ethers as a currency unit.
The thing that more and more banks are starting to realize is that "is crypto-currency a serious competitor to fiat". Absolutely!

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:39:46 PM

Clickbait article.

What we know:
"A spokeswoman for Barclays said the bank was looking at a number of blockchain technologies both internally and through partners, but would not comment on anything in particular at this stage. UBS said something similar."

What they claim:
"A source from Barclays told IBTimes that they [Ethereum] are front-runners [...]"

Yeah, right.

Not your keys, not your coins!
bitcart

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

www.bitcart.io

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 08:05:05 PM

I think it's very possible that banks are using Ethereum to test bockchain technology. It's definitely a worthy investment.

www.bitcart.io
Bitcart - spend bitcoins online and save!
Buy Amazon gift cards with bitcoin and save up to 20% off
Robin,Hood

Activity: 462
Merit: 62

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:44:41 PM

First of all Ethereum is not a crypto currency coin but a open source software platform. Lets get the basics straight to start with.
Will banks or technology companies experiment with, probably just like the experiment with bitcoin and other coins. If a bank ever uses the blockchain tech they will create there one coin, a la citicoin.

It's definitely a worthy investment.
Lol i still needed a good laugh today. Ethereum is somewhat comparable with "Red Hat Linux" on blockchain tech. Yeh you may can build on it but open source software is not a investment to expect financial return. It maybe is a investment on ethical ground.
On top of it a CEO with a track-record of 5 started and failed companies is not the most convincing argument for a worthy investment on his next attempt.

Any Bitcoin address not starting with 1 is fraud and scam Full (20 coins) Cryptomarket History
bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:48:40 PM

First of all Ethereum is not a crypto currency coin but a open source software platform.

Why wouldn't be Ethereum also a cryptocurrency?

Robin,Hood

Activity: 462
Merit: 62

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 10:00:24 PM

First of all Ethereum is not a crypto currency coin but a open source software platform.

I once listened to a "one man orchestra" on the street corner, yeh good entertainment for a little while, but i purchase proper music regularly. I did not drop a penny for the poor guy bashing, blowing, jumping, twisting, puffing, bending, stomping and heck knows what else at the same time.

Any Bitcoin address not starting with 1 is fraud and scam Full (20 coins) Cryptomarket History
bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 11:19:23 PM

I once listened to a "one man orchestra" on the street corner, yeh good entertainment for a little while, but i purchase proper music regularly. I did not drop a penny for the poor guy bashing, blowing, jumping, twisting, puffing, bending, stomping and heck knows what else at the same time.

That's a terrible analogy and as much as I dislike Ethereum, it's still a cryptocurrency by definition.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: