Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:15:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Empire State Building’s $1M Cecil the lion display offends negroes  (Read 471 times)
saddampbuh (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:25:00 PM

for decades african primitives have been destroying rare and beautiful wildlife by poaching and destroying natural habitats in order to expand their shanty towns. american primitives are upset that human beings care more for the lives of endangered species than theirs.

The Empire State Building’s projection of Cecil the lion and other endangered animals is being criticized for ignoring the “Black Lives Matter” movement.

Along with Cecil, whose illegal killing sparked an international uproar, a snow leopard, tigers, lemurs and various snakes, birds and sea creatures were projected onto the building using 40 projectors, CNN reported.

The light display cost $1 million and was intended to promote the Oceanic Preservation Society’s documentary “Racing Extinction.”

PHOTOS: 13 Things Liberals Want To Ban

Many social media users said the projection gave unfair attention to animals while ignoring the deaths of black people at the hands of police, The Huffington Post reported.

“I’m personally going to start wearing a lion costume when I leave my house so if I get shot, people will care,” writer Roxana Gay tweeted from her verified account, receiving nearly 9,500 retweets.

“Empire State Building put image of late lion Cecil but can’t put images of some of the lost black souls to discrimination #BlackLivesMatter,” wrote another tweeter.

“If only people could react the same way for the people murdered by Police brutality,” wrote another.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/empire-state-building/

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:38:58 PM

It doesn't just offend them...

“I’m personally going to start wearing a lion costume when I leave my house so if I get shot, people will care,” writer Roxana Gay tweeted from her verified account, receiving nearly 9,500 retweets.

“Empire State Building put image of late lion Cecil but can’t put images of some of the lost black souls to discrimination #BlackLivesMatter,” wrote another tweeter.

“If only people could react the same way for the people murdered by Police brutality,” wrote another.

There are also doctors in this country being killed and intimidated because they know that vaccines are hurting us and causing more health issues. I think it's time we look at the corrupt in the US.... but then again they're the ones footing the bill for the Empire State Building, right?

Cecil, the lion scapegoat, everyone.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 06:47:19 PM

Many social media users said the projection gave unfair attention to animals while ignoring the deaths of black people at the hands of police, The Huffington Post reported.

That projection is about protecting wildlife. Police killing black people is a different topic, with a different budget, so I don't get it why they want to mix the two. Perhaps they should make their own projection about protecting endangered black people...
peligro

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 03:52:44 PM

This subforum is so full of racist shit it's unbelieveable. Not to forget the illuminati and conspiracy theory threads.

Really the sediment of this forum.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 05:47:15 PM

That projection is about protecting wildlife. Police killing black people is a different topic, with a different budget, so I don't get it why they want to mix the two. Perhaps they should make their own projection about protecting endangered black people...

Agreed. There is nothing in common between the two. I can understand the general feeling of African Americans regarding the recent shooting of black youth by the cops. But you can't use it as an excuse to disrupt the wildlife conservation exhibitions. Life of African American youth is precious. But life of every single living thing is precious as well.... and after all, there are only some 200,000 lions living in the wild in Africa.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: