Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:11:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what do you think about xapo.com  (Read 4789 times)
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 05:38:33 PM

ummmm
XAPO is  the bad one wallet bitcoin  Cheesy
he give you free bits for sign up, after it you will use xapo and deposit some bitcoin

xapo will  uses your funds until you pull it and we not know what he did with our balance

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 06:08:14 PM

Xapo is a web-based wallet system, so alls you need to access it is a web browser and Internet connection. Xapo is known for having reasonably advanced privacy and security features, especially for a web-based wallet. The company supports payments through a debit card system, making it easy to spend your Bitcoins. The app is also friendly for newbies, so if you’re new to Bitcoin, give Xapo a close look.

Pros: Xapo debit card system allows you to use Bitcoin ATMs and spend at merchants across the world.

Cons: Web-based wallets face extra security threats, and you won’t be able to manage your Bitcoins without a Internet connection.

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:38:08 PM

they are legit, heavily invested, with nice looking website..but:

I came to bitcoin, because I want to be the one, who holds all accesses to my "money", without any 3rd party institution, another registration or mails. For me it is "better" web-wallet with all possible cons. I simply don't see any reason to use such service, if there is any, feel free to educate me here:)
waawd_1

Activity: 254
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:38:44 PM

xapo is easy to use lightweight and secure what more could you need from a wallet lol

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:40:31 PM

xapo is easy to use lightweight and secure what more could you need from a wallet lol

ownership. by using such service you simply believe to somebody else, to some person or persons, which you never met before and you don't even know his name. you believe in country, where servers are located and to some security team which is protecting them. well...is better to believe yourself than others in money questions. At least based on my experience..
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 07:29:16 PM

Xapo is a trustworthy payment processor but the confirmation time taken is more than blockchain. The only good thing for me is that it does not charge any fee as compared to blockchain. It requires phone verification which makes it more reliable compared to blockchain as there is a 2FA authentication method to stop any fraudulent transactions.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 03:34:49 AM

they are legit, heavily invested, with nice looking website..but:

I came to bitcoin, because I want to be the one, who holds all accesses to my "money", without any 3rd party institution, another registration or mails. For me it is "better" web-wallet with all possible cons. I simply don't see any reason to use such service, if there is any, feel free to educate me here:)

What I do is use a multi-pronged setup:

I use important coins = cold wallet
Medium-term = Coinbase
Short-term = Xapo, Circle

This allows for easier access, while using each of the services like they were designed.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
klausalaa

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 03:42:03 AM

it's good & useful if u use faucet there r some pay directly to it
MrZillion

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

Mundus Ex Plurimum

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 04:00:12 AM

Always research and compare...

There's Xapo, Bit-X, CCEDK, and probably a few others.

Verification is required to get higher limits but as a simple bitcoin debit card it's the easiest tool to purchase with your bitcoins, just like a credit card...

==============================================================================================================
Creators of the ZillionGRID 3.0 **** Mundus Ex Plurimum: World of Plenty **** www.ZillionCoin.com ****  TELEGRAM **** TWITTER **** Crex24 Exchange
==============================================================================================================
Zz
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 10:00:38 AM

I'm pretty skeptical about Xapo. Reason is here, read these news:

Judge: Fraud case vs. Xapo CEO can proceed: http://fortune.com/2015/07/06/judge-fraud-case-vs-xapo-ceo-can-proceed/
LifeLock Sues Xapo Executives Over Bitcoin Wallet: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/20695/lifelock-sues-xapo-executives-bitcoin-wallet-intellectual-property/
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 05:56:06 PM

I stopped using it when it asked for my ID and other personal information like that. Wasn't willing to give that when there are many other alternatives that don't ask for it your privacy is very low compared to other wallet like blockchain.info
giustone

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 09:10:29 PM

I hate xapo,because need id verification+real adress,mobile phones,every login,phone verification.
But this site is safe,and fast.

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 06:38:37 PM

Judge: Fraud case vs. Xapo CEO can proceed: http://fortune.com/2015/07/06/judge-fraud-case-vs-xapo-ceo-can-proceed/
LifeLock Sues Xapo Executives Over Bitcoin Wallet: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/20695/lifelock-sues-xapo-executives-bitcoin-wallet-intellectual-property/

yep, that's exactly the reason why I'm not using XAPO at the moment. I like their easy wallet (as a hot wallet), but their future is very open in my opinion.

tennozer

Activity: 322

Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 12:48:15 AM

I don't like xapo wallet. I use it because some faucets pay directly to this wallet. But I don't use it for my main bitcoin jobs.

zerorabbit23

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 12:51:11 AM

There is too much validation involved with XAPO.  I use electrum instead.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 03:35:44 AM

yep, that's exactly the reason why I'm not using XAPO at the moment. I like their easy wallet (as a hot wallet), but their future is very open in my opinion.

They're bankrolled by investors, though, so I would think that if they closed, they would return funds (allow some way of withdrawing). I don't see any real risk there. Them running with funds, especially with a court case in procession, would destroy their lives.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Zz
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 11:33:29 AM

They're bankrolled by investors, though, so I would think that if they closed, they would return funds (allow some way of withdrawing). I don't see any real risk there. Them running with funds, especially with a court case in procession, would destroy their lives.

Running away with money is not the only issue here. Why do we suggest Xapo to this newbie user when there are other good online Bitcoin wallets?
hakanbalta577

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 11:37:04 AM

Running away with money is not the only issue here. Why do we suggest Xapo to this newbie user when there are other good online Bitcoin wallets?

Which online bitcoin wallets are good? Can you explain why?
Zz
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 11:41:51 AM

Generally I don't suggest any online wallet, but if you are a newbie you should start with Blockchain.info.
Never put big BTC's in online wallets. Just use them for micro payments.
hakanbalta577

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 11:45:41 AM

Generally I don't suggest any online wallet, but if you are a newbie you should start with Blockchain.info.
Never put big BTC's in online wallets. Just use them for micro payments.

Thanks your answer. If someday I have big btcs, I will not put in online wallet.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: