Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:13:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-08-06] CD: Market Research Giant Qualtrics Adds Bitcoin Reward Option  (Read 518 times)
Grand_Voyageur (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 05:30:21 AM

Market Research Giant Qualtrics Adds Bitcoin Reward Option

Online survey giant Qualtrics has added bitcoin as a rewards option for consumers who respond to surveys and research requests issued by its enterprise clients.

The Utah company, which is valued north of $1bn following a $150m Series B in 2014, boasts more than 700 employees and investors including Sequoia Capital and Accel Partners. The offering was made possible by bitcoin payments processor SnapCard's recent integration with digital rewards platform Tango Card.

Consumers who want to access the platform to obtain rewards points must first sign up to the service to begin taking surveys. Once Qualtrics users earn 50 points for their participation, they receive a Tango Card gift code, which can then be redeemed for Amazon and Target gift cards as well as bitcoin.

Full story: http://www.coindesk.com/market-research-giant-qualtrics-adds-bitcoin-reward-option/

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 09:03:20 AM

I went to the site and signed up but it only wants to let me create surveys, not take them, I didn't see anything about rewards Bitcoin or otherwise. I didn't really understand it but I'm guessing that if I make a survey I can offer other people rewards for taking the survey. I don't know. Maybe it only works in the USA
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 09:54:36 AM

but I'm guessing that if I make a survey I can offer other people rewards for taking the survey. I don't know. Maybe it only works in the USA

I think that's it.

This is a good example of what Bitcoin can do that other online payments methods can't; imagine a marketing campaign (or a survey) where people receive cash rewards for "participation" directly over the internet, with no sign-ups or over-complicated processes between the user and their reward money. That sounds like a model that's currently untapped, and the friction involved in distributing all the cash has got to be a significant factor. What you want is an over-supply of unemployed young people holing it up with their PC in their parents basement...

Vires in numeris
BitDreams

Activity: 503
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 06:52:52 PM

I thought about rewarding visitors to my website with a bitcoin wallet and some satoshi's but would I be required to report micro-payments and subject to KYC rules in the US? It appears that company is US based and perhaps they are leveraging Bitcoin and those regulations to gather more detailed information about the survey takers?

I see that they have offices in Ireland, Australia, Utah and Washington State and I believe all of those are bitcoin friendly locations. If I would be subject to KYC just for paying random people micro-payments of bitcoin, perhaps I could act as a contractor for an organization like this and let them shoulder the burden of regulation while I concentrate on marketing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: