Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:26:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mod Cyrus is an Ass Clown  (Read 1508 times)
Indamuck (OP)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 05:44:22 AM

Yesterday he deleted my thread - didn't move it, or even send it to the trash can - just deleted it. After I had invested a good 20 minutes drafting the original post for a thread that I intended to develop over the days and weeks ahead.

No explanation. No 'This message moved to Trash because of XYZ ...'   No simple courtesy of a PM. Doesn't even respond to my query about what got his panties in a knot.

F*kd up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:37:43 AM

Calm Down.
The post must have been deleted for some good reason. Would you care to explain what the thread was all about?
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:51:21 AM

It was moved to the trashcan, I'm looking at it right now. If I had to take a guess, it would be due to the fact that its referal link spam.
Indamuck (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:46:12 PM

It was moved to the trashcan, I'm looking at it right now. If I had to take a guess, it would be due to the fact that its referal link spam.

I sent him an e-mail asking what happened and he ignored me. When I look at his recent posts, they are all 'This thread has been moved because ...'   but not mine.

That thread is not referral spam. I've never gotten a referral commission from anyone, for anything, for any site. I was going to develop that thread and coach some (hopefully) new traders on basic options trading strategies. I was going to invest a considerable amount of my time with carefully researched posts that drew on my years of experience in finance, back office, front office, standing in the pits, yeah. These strategies can be found other places - I'm not reinventing the wheel. But they are complex, and likely only familiar to experienced options traders. And everyone here is looking for means to legitimately grow their btc, and skillfully trading options on btc is a good one. Frankly, the primary purpose was to facilitate a decent post count for my signature campaign. But I also was going to deliver value. You can see I spent considerable time compiling and presenting statistical data from my account. Personal, sensitive data. Andy at Coinut can look at my account and specifically confirm the accuracy of those numbers. I know another seasoned options trader was preparing to contribute to the thread as well, but it got deleted while he was drafting his post. He told me the thread was deleted - that was the first I learned.

Cyrus is an ass clown, simple enough. There is so much garbage on this site that you guys come to accept. And then a legitimate poster has to deal with this bs. Whatever, I won't waste my time.

*Please don't put the post back. I will leave it orphaned. My time is more valuable than this.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:48:31 PM

Cyrus is a good moderator and I think he will reply to your question (publicly) in this thread. It's only a misunderstanding (in my honest opinion).
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:50:43 PM

How do you know who moved the thread if there is no redirect post? Even if he is the only moderator of the section that you posted your thread in, any global mod or admin could have also moved it to the trashcan.

If your post/thread has a referral link in it then more likely then not it is referral spam and is going to be removed. This is regardless of the status of being an ass clown that the moderator who removes the thread is.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:09:39 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2015, 04:20:21 AM by grue

I sent him an e-mail asking what happened and he ignored me. When I look at his recent posts, they are all 'This thread has been moved because ...'   but not mine.

That thread is not referral spam. I've never gotten a referral commission from anyone, for anything, for any site.

Mhmmm

My object for this thread:

Teach simple strategies for generating consistent profits trading Coinut-listed options. In the process I will be open to a little bit of hand holding, and fielding any 'dumb' or newbie questions, for the consideration that some might return the favor by using my referral link. (Full transparency: Coinut will pay me 10% of all your future commissions. It doesn't cost you a single satoshi.)

My referral link: https://

For some background on what I hope to teach you to do, here are my recent results trading Coinut options:

-snip-

Anyway, its up to personal preference, I very rarely leave behind the "this thread has been moved here" post, unless I feel people who go looking for it might miss it. I stand by my original statement.
Indamuck (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:15:35 PM

Anyway, its up to personal preference, I very rarely leave behind the "this thread has been moved here" post, unless I feel people who go looking for it might miss it. I stand by my original statement.

Ok, well I guess that is an explanation. Cyrus is still an ass clown for not providing any word whatsoever. And bitcointalk is worse off for dumb policies ...
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 07:21:43 PM

Ok, well I guess that is an explanation. Cyrus is still an ass clown for not providing any word whatsoever.

Why should Cyrus answer to something which is obvious?

And bitcointalk is worse off for dumb policies ...

It does not allow us to spam referral links! What a forum! >.< Probably, you can create a new one?

* Edited.

Indamuck (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:30:56 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2015, 07:50:45 PM by Indamuck

Ok, well I guess that is an explanation. Cyrus is still an ass clown for not providing any word whatsoever.

Why should Cyrus answer to something which is obvious?

It does not allow us to spam referral links! What a forum! >.< Probably, you can create a new one?

* Edited.

You are spamming a signature campaign, any link of which can be a referral. So no, the site doesn't have an issue with referral spam, in principle.

But my referral wasn't spam, because my post was value-add and specifically required an account at Coinut. I needed to provide a link anyways. Whether it was a referral or not shouldn't make any difference. At a minimum Cryus should have given me an opportunity to edit it. I still would have needed to include a link to Coinut, just removed the referral portion.

Coinut is a unique and valued part of the Bitcoin ecosystem. Bitcointalk and the community needs more posts like the one Cyrus is so eager to delete. Whatever ...
Indamuck (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:54:49 PM

This is how I learned it had been deleted:

Quote from: chriswen on August 06, 2015, 05:01:57 AM

"damn, that thread got deleted.

I spent a ton of time writing a reply and it got deleted and I didn't have a copy saved. And now I'd need to add up all the data again."
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:40:07 PM

It could be argued you're the dumb one here for making a post with a referral link.

Only the lowliest of bottom-feeders do that on these forums.
Indamuck (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 11:39:34 PM

It could be argued you're the dumb one here for making a post with a referral link.

Lol ... yeah, I give up.

Grandpa said 'Don't argue with a pig. You'll just get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.'
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 04:40:58 AM

Can't you just repost it without referral link? Referral link in posts are mostly considered as spam. A staff may PM you the whole content if you ask!

Lol ... yeah, I give up.

Grandpa said 'Don't argue with a pig. You'll just get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.'

I am confused! Who is the one getting dirty here? Us or you?

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 06:46:29 AM

Oink oink, dude.
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2949

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 11:38:16 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2015, 12:18:14 AM by Cyrus

Just got back to the forum. Didn't really have internet access for the last couple of days. To be frank, I don't even remember if it was me who sent your thread to the Trashcan. But the reason would've been for sure ref spam.
Yesterday he deleted my thread - didn't move it, or even send it to the trash can - just deleted it.
Such drama. It was actually sent to the Trashcan, as SaltySpitoon confirmed previously.

I've never gotten a referral commission from anyone, for anything, for any site.
Then surely you won't mind reposting it without a ref link. Ref links are a touchy subject on this forum and the posts containing them are mainly removed.

*Please don't put the post back. I will leave it orphaned. My time is more valuable than this.
Sure. But just in case you want to see it again, you can probably still check it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=drafts
If not, any mod can PM it to you.

There are but a few threads allowed to contain an advertisment(such as ref links) and it's not me who does the deciding.
This will most likely be my final reply in this thread.

Enjoy the mud.

deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 01:38:56 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177133.0

The rule is right there as a sticky at the top of the newbie section; I'm quoting the version for dummies exactly as written:

Quote from: quarkyplum link=topic=177133.msg5106206#msg5106206
IS THE README TOO DIFFICULT TO READ, NEWBIE?
WELL, HERE IS A SUMMARY OF THE NEWBIE README

FORUM RULES
  • NO SPAM
  • NO BEGGING (AKA ASKING FOR BITCOINS)
  • NO REFERRAL LINKS

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 03:35:47 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2015, 08:22:50 PM by grue

That thread is not referral spam. I've never gotten a referral commission from anyone, for anything, for any site. I was going to develop that thread and coach some (hopefully) new traders on basic options trading strategies. I was going to invest a considerable amount of my time with carefully researched posts that drew on my years of experience in finance, back office, front office, standing in the pits, yeah. These strategies can be found other places - I'm not reinventing the wheel. But they are complex, and likely only familiar to experienced options traders. And everyone here is looking for means to legitimately grow their btc, and skillfully trading options on btc is a good one. Frankly, the primary purpose was to facilitate a decent post count for my signature campaign. But I also was going to deliver value. You can see I spent considerable time compiling and presenting statistical data from my account. Personal, sensitive data. Andy at Coinut can look at my account and specifically confirm the accuracy of those numbers. I know another seasoned options trader was preparing to contribute to the thread as well, but it got deleted while he was drafting his post. He told me the thread was deleted - that was the first I learned.

Cyrus is an ass clown, simple enough. There is so much garbage on this site that you guys come to accept. And then a legitimate poster has to deal with this bs. Whatever, I won't waste my time.

Ah, now i remember your thread too. And yes, i waited for your second part. I wanted to follow your trading patterns. Only thing... you wrote you will post the second part some hours later. What you didn't do. In fact you didn't do it for weeks i believe. I posted in the thread and even sent you a pm. At the end for me i got, probably the same, conclusion  like cyrus, that you simply wanted to spam your reflink. Since your first post virtually was plastered with reflinks. And the info you gave in that was so so basic that anyone could have done that. That and the missing second part and no reaction of you most probably looked like refspam. And i would agree.

Where was your next post and why didn't you react at all? That doesn't sound correct for me.

I sent him an e-mail asking what happened and he ignored me. When I look at his recent posts, they are all 'This thread has been moved because ...'   but not mine.

Ah, now i remember your thread too. And yes, i waited for your second part. I wanted to follow your trading patterns. Only thing... you wrote you will post the second part some hours later. What you didn't do. In fact you didn't do it for weeks i believe. I posted in the thread and even sent you a pm. At the end for me i got, probably the same, conclusion  like cyrus, that you simply wanted to spam your reflink. Since your first post virtually was plastered with reflinks. And the info you gave in that was so so basic that anyone could have done that. That and the missing second part and no reaction of you most probably looked like refspam. And i would agree.

Where was your next post and why didn't you react at all? That doesn't sound correct for me.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: