Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:31:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the largest exchanges that purchases from US Bank accounts?  (Read 947 times)
rscholey (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:39:38 AM

I already know about coinbase.com

Are there other very large (and hopefully safe) exchanges that I can easily buy (and store in cold storage) bitcoins with funds from a US bank account? If possible I would like to just find out the largest 2-3.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6176

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:43:54 AM

Are there other very large (and hopefully safe) exchanges that I can easily buy (and store in cold storage) bitcoins with funds from a US bank account? If possible I would like to just find out the largest 2-3.

There is Circle.com from reading this http://www.coindesk.com/information/how-can-i-buy-bitcoins/
"Circle offers users worldwide the chance to store, send, receive and exchange bitcoins. Currently only US citizens are able to link bank accounts to deposit funds, but credit and debit cards are also an option. Apps for iOS and Android are now available." and that's your case.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 08:18:57 PM

In certain states you can wire money from your United States-based bank account to Kraken exchange. You will have to look on their website to see if your state is eligible.

I know Bitstamp used to allow US wires but I am not sue about this anymore.

I see some of my colleagues using bitfinex so look into that one as well.

Hope that helped a bit.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 04:02:21 AM

Hey, here's a link of four options for you (of course Coinbase is at the top of the list).

http://www.plusbitcoin.net/buy-bitcoins-with-bank-account/

They recommend Bitstamp, CEX.io, and Celery.

Beyond Coinbase, I'd choose Circle - it's new, reputable, and worthy of your business!

(Plus a friend of a friend of mine is a founder...ha)

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:51:13 PM

You've got Itbit too. Not the hugest volume compared to others but that's about as safe as it gets and there's no fees until early September.
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:45:34 PM

i use bitstamp and kraken...
both are really great exchange...

...with a good traded volume

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Eodguy149

Activity: 578
Merit: 554

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 09:11:16 AM

I personally like Circle and Coinbase. Circle seems to have a slight edge on purchase price and I like that Coinbase has a vault option and multi-sig if the user wishes to set it up. That is why Coinbase is always my recommendation to people who are new to the Bitcoin scene. It is very user friendly and the security is top notch. Honestly if you have a decent amount of Bitcoin I would recommend investing in a hardware wallet though. 

"Initial Success or Total Failure"
rscholey (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 06:05:20 AM

Hey, here's a link of four options for you (of course Coinbase is at the top of the list).

http://www.plusbitcoin.net/buy-bitcoins-with-bank-account/

They recommend Bitstamp, CEX.io, and Celery.

Beyond Coinbase, I'd choose Circle - it's new, reputable, and worthy of your business!

(Plus a friend of a friend of mine is a founder...ha)

Circle seems good but I notice it does not have some features that coinabase has. For example the ability to make automatic purchases daily / weekly and also it will not allow me to make a purchase in dollars.  I can only purchase in units of bitcoin.

Thanks for the suggestions.
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 05:59:25 PM

i found this very useful site...

http://www.worldcoinindex.com/exchange

if you need to choos by volume...
this site is what you need

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: