Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:36:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin Scam Watch and Fraud Investigations - Need Help  (Read 685 times)
emidius (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 10:06:20 AM

Hello All

I currently run a project called 'BitCoin Scam Watch and Fraud Investigations' http://scam-watch.bitcoinheaven.net/ .

BitCoin Scam Watch is a watch dog group whose aim is to alert the public to scams involving bitcoin and all other cryptocurrencies. We do this by thoroughly investigating any supposed scam and providing you with detailed non-refutable evidence. As soon as I got introduced to bitcoin and became more involved with cryptocurrency I quickly found out just how infested with scams and fraud it really is, Now part of what makes this type of currency so great is also what can be somewhat of a downfall. Though it's not completely anonymous, to the average user...it is.

I started becoming interested in doing something like this as I heard of more and more people I knew getting ripped off. The final straw was when it happened to me. I had a grip on all this, I thought. The company I invested in had absolutely no complaints at all, always paid, and there were just no clues. (I know better now). Until one day I was just locked out of my account, and they were gone the next...with a little over 15 BTC of my savings. That was everything give or take a few hundred.

Another truth I found out once I started investigating myself is many HYIP Monitors (high-yield investment programs) are paid by, work for, and sometimes even own some of the businesses they claim are 'paying'. NEVER trust any monitor with referral links to sites they are supposed to be monitoring (that should be common sense). I have even seen hyip monitor sites with ads to sites they have blacklisted (they claim to have no control over ads), this is a complete lie. You ALWAYS have control over the ads shown on your site. Any webmaster or site owner will tell you this.

So now I do this basically full time. I go after the scammers and bring them down. I investigate probable scams (which most end up being) for regular people like you and me. And I do everything out of my own pocket, but I love doing it. I just want to educate the people and continue to try to make the web a safe place, and for cryptocurrencies to not become too blemished before it has it's time to shine.

To do this I need your help. Donations are sorely needed, and I am ashamed to ask. I have many more plans for the website. As well as tools to help me track down and investigate these crimes in a much more fluid and in depth manner.

Anything will help, anything at all. So if you believe in my cause and can spare a little, please help me in this endeavor!

btc: 14743pNL7yajbMybwX9DsC7ZoG6aFiUQKa
LTC: LbFUYQkgKHiUSuT6Dk8x9hD7u2AGm1RXMJ
Dash: XdTUNAYa26PGRmPA852UbWdPDYsyseypn7
Dogecoin: DM5Gt1k3Wy8UdDLSbnumiroNS7LmVPqeFr

Thank you for your time and consideration.

C.Morris
BitCoin Scam Watch and Fraud Investigations
http://scam-watch.bitcoinheaven.net/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
melisande

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 05:34:41 PM

This is a very good project but I do not appreciate it been hosted on a free hosting account.
http://scam-watch.bitcoinheaven.net could ended up been closed down by google because I don't think they really like bitcoin.
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:05:54 PM

This is a very good project but I do not appreciate it been hosted on a free hosting account.
http://scam-watch.bitcoinheaven.net could ended up been closed down by google because I don't think they really like bitcoin.

I agree with this sentiment.  I hope they won't themselves become a scam Smiley

Also, small "c" in Bitcoin  Smiley
noel57

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 09:15:31 PM

I wonder how people with great talent could not make full use of their potentials, common OP you are creating more backlink for BlogSpot and not your domain name, get cheap web hosting and your domain name will worth a fortune soon.

Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 05:54:20 PM

This sort of project should have been made years ago.
people need protection against scammers in the crypto ecosystem.
Unfortunately, it is still a space where scammers roam free...
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 10:12:22 AM

Yes I say this all the time
We hear all about securing wallets and avoiding hacks but I think as many if not more BTC has been lost to shady IPO's ponzis pyramid schemes scams
Even one incident can turn a new adopter off crypto for good and every one is a terrible black mark on the public perception of BTC. Bad news travels faster and further than good. We hear new scandals every day.

I hope OP reads the securities section regularly
Pretty much every thread in there ends in scam.
It's a huge security problem
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: