Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:21:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GetGems Gets Major Recognition by Coinbase!! Historical Achievement  (Read 1140 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
reRaise (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 02:11:53 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2015, 12:12:33 AM by reRaise

This is imo the biggest accomplishment of any Crypto besides Bitcoin. Even Litecoin which has been wishing for years for such recognition hasn't managed to do so. Coinbase published this to their 227.000 readers, mentions GetGems and even interviews its CEO.

https://developers.coinbase.com/blog/2015/08/03/julia-telegram-bot-for-bitcoin

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 05:05:35 PM

Hello mainstream.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 09:56:49 PM

This is great, bit user base there ready to be tapped.  Price is very low at the moment might be a good entry point.
reRaise (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 12:10:13 AM

This is great, bit user base there ready to be tapped.  Price is very low at the moment might be a good entry point.

Price will get interesting once attention economy comes into place, which revolutionizes advertisements and Gemz will have a real world purpose. At 100k users you will have a whole Crypto based economy in the app.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 10:47:41 AM

This is great, bit user base there ready to be tapped.  Price is very low at the moment might be a good entry point.

Price will get interesting once attention economy comes into place, which revolutionizes advertisements and Gemz will have a real world purpose. At 100k users you will have a whole Crypto based economy in the app.

I'm really looking forward to this attention based economy, don't know when it will be released but paying the user to advertise instead of the company is very attractive and the money appears very easily in the wallet so no banking credentials are needed. If the devs just implement an easy way to buy Gemz in app something along the line as the way julia operates would be nice. From 100k users you would expect the user base to grow exponentially, but to get to 100k is the hardest, even 50k would do it since the app works rewarding you have a huge amount of users operating as promoters.
I am the guy

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 10:27:41 PM

Saw this coming a mile away. Good job getgems devs!

-the guy

reRaise (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:03:42 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2015, 03:44:28 PM by reRaise

I'm really looking forward to this attention based economy, don't know when it will be released but paying the user to advertise instead of the company is very attractive and the money appears very easily in the wallet so no banking credentials are needed. If the devs just implement an easy way to buy Gemz in app something along the line as the way julia operates would be nice. From 100k users you would expect the user base to grow exponentially, but to get to 100k is the hardest, even 50k would do it since the app works rewarding you have a huge amount of users operating as promoters.

The biggest way to succeed as a Crypto is to build a significant network effect which equals higher price. A network effect which operates only in the Crypto scene won't make it successful, because everyone tries to screw each other over and the amount of users is very small. Giving your project the ability to be used by users outside of this dark Crypto circle is the key. For this you must build something very newb friendly, easily accessible and at the same time innovative which many alts don't qualify for.

So now that it's easily accessible and has a use case, all you have to do is getting new users to just download the app which takes seconds. Coinbase, a die hard Bitcoin fan realized how innovative Julia is and decided to market it to their so many users and just the bot saying powered by GetGems is genius marketing done by the devs. They saw an opportunity and went for it and it paid off, some guy says yeah but they used Coinbase API any Crypto could do that, well any person can become an athlete as well but it's not easy at all, GG is the first alt related app to be mentioned on Coinbase apps list and even got their own developer spotlight in the Coinbase blog with an interview with the devs. From all the apps only 2 of them got a developer spotlight on their blog, this all makes getgems dev "resume" stronger for when they are getting more partnerships that's why i like this app you have lots of flexibility marketing wise.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 03:10:57 PM

Great news Smiley! In my opinion what's good for one altcoin that's eventually good for all, so I'm happy to see any coins to succeed, because of that's a success for the whole cryptocoin scene. I wish even more success for the Gems guys!
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 03:13:33 PM

Get the getgems for telegram app! Free gems every day
reRaise (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 11:21:12 AM

Great news Smiley! In my opinion what's good for one altcoin that's eventually good for all, so I'm happy to see any coins to succeed, because of that's a success for the whole cryptocoin scene. I wish even more success for the Gems guys!

Until now we haven't really seen an alt succeed, dogecoin made some buzz user wise, but they couldn't really hold on to it, meme got old, many abandoned it including its creator. Litecoin has nice trading volume but from a network effect perspective i think it's pretty poor, it has only traders and the rest of the coins have a really poor amount of users. Without having an app on the store it's close to impossible to gain tons of users, last time i checked from the 700 coins only 6 had an iOS and those aren't attractive enough for the average person. Adding a reward-value program along with some nice marketing suddenly gives more incentive.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 12:33:42 PM

Until now we haven't really seen an alt succeed, dogecoin made some buzz user wise, but they couldn't really hold on to it, meme got old, many abandoned it including its creator. Litecoin has nice trading volume but from a network effect perspective i think it's pretty poor, it has only traders and the rest of the coins have a really poor amount of users. Without having an app on the store it's close to impossible to gain tons of users, last time i checked from the 700 coins only 6 had an iOS and those aren't attractive enough for the average person. Adding a reward-value program along with some nice marketing suddenly gives more incentive.

Unfortunately you are right. I think most coins used to fail because of the lack of real world services (I do not consider exchanges, faucets and Hi-Lo sites as a service), and therefore the lack of real demand. Gems might be able to break out this circle, if they can extend their "services" to more social networking, media or other platforms. Perhaps more redemption option would be also useful.
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 09:55:13 PM

I use GEMZ and it is alright. I have a feeling it won't catch on though. Regular users don't understand that GEMZ are different than all the fake money every other app has. Don't most apps have fake money included in it promote use. Users don't care if it is MySQL money or Blockchain money. To users it is all monopoly money. If it was easier to see that GEMZ = BTC = Real physical stuff, it might catch on faster.

ICO buyers hold too many coins also. Even if you understand GEMZ = USD quite easily, you soon realize all you earned was $0.01. You then realize if the app gets popular you're just making investors rich with yourself having a chance at $100.

Then there are server costs since GEMZ is centralized... what will the company that created GEMZ do when they have $0 in the bank? Run another ICO and dilute GEMZ?

OBAViJEST

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 11:22:27 PM

The getgems app is awesome, but no one knows about it!

They need to step up their marketing campaign...gg for telegram would be perfect for groups of friends, especially with the tipping aspect (if someone owes another)

Regardless, I'm gonna hold on to the little amount of gemz and see where this goes Wink
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:17:08 AM

The advertising aspect of GEMZ makes this a perfect coin to buy and hold. If the app ever gets successful you will have an almost unlimited advertising budget.

For people who don't know, you use GEMZ to advertise on the app.

Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 06:45:50 PM

I use GEMZ and it is alright. I have a feeling it won't catch on though. Regular users don't understand that GEMZ are different than all the fake money every other app has. Don't most apps have fake money included in it promote use. Users don't care if it is MySQL money or Blockchain money. To users it is all monopoly money. If it was easier to see that GEMZ = BTC = Real physical stuff, it might catch on faster.

ICO buyers hold too many coins also. Even if you understand GEMZ = USD quite easily, you soon realize all you earned was $0.01. You then realize if the app gets popular you're just making investors rich with yourself having a chance at $100.

Then there are server costs since GEMZ is centralized... what will the company that created GEMZ do when they have $0 in the bank? Run another ICO and dilute GEMZ?

Recently in the groupchat someone mentioned to test the title on the app store as "GetMoney Messenger" or GetMoney with GetGems". You can elaborate in the description section under the app how Gemz is actual money. Check this new update, the airdrop for activity is close which is even more rewards to "GetMoney". I think such title will attract a lot of users and lots of skeptics.

Referral Rewards are Only Available to Humans

reRaise (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 11:07:51 AM

The advertising aspect of GEMZ makes this a perfect coin to buy and hold. If the app ever gets successful you will have an almost unlimited advertising budget.

For people who don't know, you use GEMZ to advertise on the app.

This is the killer feature i've been waiting for, once it's build not much will come close to it. Just 100k users is enough to call it successfull, i think gg has the potential to reach that. 100k would even attract major Bitcoin companies like Coinbase to advertise on.
reRaise (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 12:21:39 PM

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: