Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:02:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC to CC for US  (Read 406 times)
quietcard (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 09:23:42 PM

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm wondering what the interest level would be for instant issue one-time use virtual credit cards with no KYC requirements. I have a bank that may be interested, but I'm curious if this is something the community is interested in.

Basically, a customer would go to our website, enter the value they want for their virtual credit card, and (once the BTC clears the blockchain) a VCC would be issued and emailed to the customer. The VCC would be for the exact amount of the purchase the customer wants to make on Amazon or wherever.

At this point I'm really just trying to gauge interest. I would be very grateful if you could respond with the following:

Is this something you think you would use?
What do you feel would be an appropriate fee for this service?
What would make you feel comfortable utilizing this service? (EV SSL, BitPay, etc.)

Any other feedback is also welcome.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 10:42:12 PM

There would have to be escrow. bottom line.

There have been so many parties trying to provide such a thing and running into barriers, even if your bank shows interest there are all the regulatory agencies that will bring heat. Might look good at first but as soon as the authorities make waves at your bank all accounts get frozen, you get fined, possibly jailed, for sure bankrupt. your customers get shafted.

There have been dozens and dozens of well-known, trusted members of this community who have thought they could simply proceed with such plans only to be squashed, some newbie appears here with grand schemes and no one in their right mind would, or should trust them.

Of course I am politely assuming you are honest and have the best intentions.

If you are able to provide such a service as you suggest, and can pull it off without and governmental or institutional interference, you should have no problem raising seed money to go large with it. Also present yourself in total transparency.

anything short and the answer to your question is; No, absolutely zero interest (other than to keep our eyes on you and scam-bust everything you touch)

quietcard (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 12:10:39 AM

Hi gogxmagog,

I sincerely appreciate the reply and advice. And I understand the hesitancy. One of the things that should alleviate concerns about funds being frozen is that the card will be issued as soon as the BTC clears the blockchain, at which time the customer can make their purchase from another site using the card. This means that the total time the funds are being held by my company and the customer would be around an hour and a half (depending on time to get six approvals, and the time between card issuance and use).

I understand there is still the issue of trusting an unknown, so I think your suggestion of an escrow is a good one. I am fully aware I do not have any standing in this community, which is why I haven't (and won't) ask for anyone's trust.

Do you have any examples of past failed attempts? That would definitely be useful in ensuring I don't follow in any of the footsteps of the previous folks.

Again, thank you for being willing to provide constructive feedback. At this time I'm just trying to gather as much info as I can.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: