Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:17:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling 5000$ Worth Of BTC ( Proof Through TeamViewer)  (Read 586 times)
PSexchange (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 02:23:00 AM

Hello guys, I am back with another exchange request.

I have a little over 5000$ I would like to exchange, hopefully a face-to-face meeting in Sacramento would be nice,
but that i think is a little far-fetched.

Here's some basic payment methods I accept :

Western Union, Paypal (Trusted members only), Paysafe, Ukash, Neteller, Skrill.

I am only dealing with people that I can speak with through skype, and not someone who suspiciously shy their voice.

This is my skype for contact : PSexchange

Proof of balance like promised, can be shown through Teamviewer.

1:1 is preferred, but if you buy a bigger amount I will more then happily pay a fair %,
but I am trying to do as few transactions as possible so that the fee's do not kill the profit margin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 02:25:17 AM

sounds scamish.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 02:27:48 AM

I would be able to purchase the entire amount you are selling, however I would not be willing to "verify" your balance with team viewer, you would be able to sign a message from an address with the bitcoin you are selling (or at the very least you can provide the address where the bitcoin is located).

I would not be able to meet you to do a face-to-face trade, although I would be able to send a western union payment, do a cash deposit to your bank account, or send cash in the mail. Being that I can purchase all the bitcoin I want via coinbase, I would not be interested in a 1:1 trade, although I do think I would be able to make a fair offer for you.
Hexcoin

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 02:31:10 AM

why not provide a signed message from the address that holds the $5000 worth of bitcoins instean of teamviewer?
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 02:55:39 AM

Because he doesn't have any BTC and wants to steal your wallet file through Team Viewer.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 03:51:05 AM

Are you sure? This looks like not sure Huh
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 04:09:29 AM

Because he doesn't have any BTC and wants to steal your wallet file through Team Viewer.
Based on my quick research, it looks like you would need to connect via teamviewer and then make an additional mistake (give permission to access files on teamviewer) in order to have your files (wallet/seed) stolen via teamviewer.

Is this a correct statement, or are there other advanced attack vectors that would allow someone to steal files while you are connected to them via teamviewer?

Either way, it would probably not be a good idea to connect via teamviewer to someone that is not highly trusted.
CheapSerials

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 06:25:11 AM

How he can steal any files because (you) connecting to his PC (control it)
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 07:11:49 AM

I'm assuming the worst case scenario, unless he can simply sign the address proving he has the coins.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
goosoodude

Activity: 584

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 09:09:29 AM

Based on my quick research, it looks like you would need to connect via teamviewer and then make an additional mistake (give permission to access files on teamviewer) in order to have your files (wallet/seed) stolen via teamviewer.

Giving permission to access files might actually happen easily. Scammer asks you to do something where you don't know what to do and... voila, scammer offers to do it for you, helping you out.

The bitcoin ecospace is way too risky. Roll Eyes

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 09:53:37 AM

newbie account selling $5000 worth of BTC

what's the worst that could happen?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 05:36:53 PM

I can buy 620 usd with neteller if you send first ofc.
Monopoly

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 06:39:31 PM

Hello guys, I am back with another exchange request.

I have a little over 5000$ I would like to exchange, hopefully a face-to-face meeting in Sacramento would be nice,
but that i think is a little far-fetched.

Here's some basic payment methods I accept :

Western Union, Paypal (Trusted members only), Paysafe, Ukash, Neteller, Skrill.

I am only dealing with people that I can speak with through skype, and not someone who suspiciously shy their voice.

This is my skype for contact : PSexchange

1:1 is preferred, but if you buy a bigger amount I will more then happily pay a fair %,
but I am trying to do as few transactions as possible so that the fee's do not kill the profit margin.

Do You send first ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: